Eric Clapton's career really covers so many periods that it's not suprising that it all could not be contained on 2 CDs.
The openers from Cream are unstopable, I Feel Free, Sunshine Of Your Love, White Room, Crossroads (live) and Badge.
Published on 14 Feb 2012 by J. Thompson

3.0 out of 5 stars I never got Clapton
A great EC sampler but I have to be honest I never got Clapton, I always thought (sometime sidekick) Albert Lee, Beck,Page and especially the mighty Peter Green were all way more interesting players. I love guitar based rock and the blues but Clapton to me was either brilliant or awful and the whole patchy gamut is contained herein.

Being that this was the man...
Published on 2 Nov 2007 by Crazy Bald Heid

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete Clapton Minus Time With The Yardbirds, John Mayll's Blues Breakers And Delaney And Bonnie., 14 Feb 2012
J. Thompson "Willingale" (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Clapton (Audio CD)
Presence Of The Lord with Blind Faith is an unexpected plus, I also recommend a version by Texas Band, Liberation Suite, from their 1975 self titled album.
Lots of solo tracks surround Bell Bottom Blues and the show stopping Layla from Derek And The Dominos, if you think the single version is good, well don't settle for that, the album version is here in all it's majesty!
Dylan's Knocking On Heaven's Door is taken in reggae style as is Bob Marley's I Shot The Sheriff, OK stuff, but Cocaine was never going to be my favourite track.
Wonderful Tonight really is another excellent song on CD 1.
On CD 2 look out for Bad Love and from Unplugged, Layla and Running On Faith.
However it's Tears In Heaven which is the totally unmissable gem when Eric really bares his soul.
With 36 tracks in total, all with good production standards, no casual fan need look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars So it's not ACTUALLY complete...well duh!, 17 Nov 2007
Dr. George L. Sik (Epsom, Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Clapton (Audio CD)
For this really to be COMPLETE, it would have to be everything that Eric Clapton has ever recorded, something it obviously isn't. Perhaps the title is wrong, but 'Greatest Hits' is rather hackneyed.

Most of those posting unfavourable reviews are complaining either that it's not complete or that one or two of their favourite tracks are not on it. Dear oh dear. How spoon-fed we seem to have become.

So what IS on it? Precisely what a half-sensible person might expect: many of his best-known tracks, spanning his entire career, including Layla, Wonderful Tonight, Tears in Heaven, Cocaine, Lay Down Sally...I mean, come on! What's the problem? I could get all grouchy that one of my favourites, Hoochie Coochie Man, isn't on it - but it's on other Clapton CDs. I think I can live with that.

This is an excellent introduction for the novice and a great collection for the fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete Clapton, but a great taster...., 18 Oct 2007
Welsh Wizard (The Graveyard Of Ambition) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Clapton (Audio CD)
I have to start my review by agreeing with those writers who've stated that this is primarily a greatest hits album, but then find myself asking how exactly do you fit 40 years output onto two compact discs??

The majority of people reading these reviews will ask 'John who?' when asked about John Mayall, and I don't say that to slight my readers in any way at all, honestly!

If you are thinking of getting into Mr. Clapton there is no better way to start than with this double album. The majority of his hits are included here, and if it gives you a taste to search out what is now a huge back catalogue then I would imagine that Eric, his recording company, and those who quite correctly describe this collection as incomplete will all benefit.

Buy it, enjoy it, then buy some of his older stuff - you'll find something to love on every solo and collaborative album. Who knows, maybe some people will become more aware of John Mayall, Bluesbreakers, Cream....

3.0 out of 5 stars I never got Clapton, 2 Nov 2007
Crazy Bald Heid "kennyb63" (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Complete Clapton (Audio CD)

Being that this was the man who walked out on the "too commercial" Yardbirds he has produced some real pop pap. However when he is good he is very good, the Cream songs are outstanding, three massive egos adding up to the sum of their parts and more. His solo material is a real mixed bag, Layla whilst over familiar still raises the hairs when listened to in full. I still see dead people (Goodfellas) when I hear this - however which is Clapton and which is Greg Allman?.

Lay Down Sally is nice work and fun, Wonderful Tonight is stomach turningly twee in the extreme (although I think perhaps EC agrees), I know the subject matter but I am not fond of Tears in Heaven either. The unplugged version of Layla is excruciating elevator music. But you probably know these already. Other than that there are some fine softish rock tunes, if you are in that kind of mood. I always regarded the missing "Behind the Mask" as a guilty pleasure and think it should have been included with some of his early Bluesbreakers and Yardbirds work.

A nice taster but not in any way complete, but not for me. For all his talking about being a blues purist, this ain't the blues. Robert Johnson must be regretting selling his soul if this is his legacy.

His biography however is great, but that is another story.

4.0 out of 5 stars birthday present, 28 Nov 2007
This review is from: Complete Clapton (Audio CD)
My son knowing I am and always will be a huge Clapton fan, bought this for my last birthday (I don't mean my LAST bithday, I am hoping to have many more!) I would not have gone and purchased this myself, as within my CD collection I have all of these tracks and could have made up this compilation myself. Having said that it is a good collection (how many Clapton collections have there been over the years?). The two discs represent a reasonable selection of the mans work, although I would have liked some of his early stuff with John Mayall and even The Yardbirds, perhaps Blind Faith, just to round the collection out. I played it in the car and it is a great driving companion, even though I know all the tracks well, thay are great songs and just remind you once again what a tremendous guitarist and vocalist Eric was and is. "Clapton is God" well in rock music yes he is one of them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly longer versions than on previous releases, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Complete Clapton (Audio CD)
Are you a Clapton fan? do you keep buying stuff that you already own in a new expanded format with extra tracks or a bonus DVD? Did you then buy the same collection again but this time remastered? Did they play 'wonderful tonight' at your wedding? Did you get aroused by the 'EC was here' and Blind Faith covers? Of course you did.

Have you tried to persuade your eldest lad to form a band that plays 'Layla' and 'Bell Bottom Blues'? Do you play 'Cocaine' on headphones while the wife makes your tea? Did you buy Marley's 'Legend' about 5 years after everyone else did -because you believed that the version of 'I Shot the Sheriff' was better on 461 Ocean Boulevard?

Do you and the wife settle down and play 'Unplugged' over a glass of wine after she's done your ironing? Did Eric help you 'get into' JJ Cale and BB King? Do you record the Jules Holland show on the BBC? Have you even heard of Rory Gallagher?

Eric is a thief whose entire career has consisted of stealing from better musicians. some of the latter have been black or brown skinned. in the middle of a gig in Wolverhampton in August 1976. This is what he had to say.

“Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands.. W*gs I mean, I'm looking at you. Where are you? I'm sorry but some f##cking w*g...Arab grabbed my wife's bum, you know? Surely got to be said, yeah this is what all the f##king foreigners and w*gs over here are like, just disgusting, that's just the truth, yeah. So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country. You f##king (indecipherable). I don't want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should vote for Enoch Powell. Enoch's our man. I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the w*gs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white.
I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. F##king w*gs, man. f**king Saudis taking over London. B@stard w*gs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black w*gs and co*ns and Arabs and fuc*ing Jamaicans and fuc*ing (indecipherable) don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black w*gs and c**ns living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. We are a white country. I don't want f*cking wo*s living next to me with their standards. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for f*ck's sake? We need to vote for Enoch Powell, he's a great man, speaking truth. Vote for Enoch, he's our man, he's on our side, he'll look after us. I want all of you here to vote for Enoch, support him, he's on our side. Enoch for Prime Minister! Throw the w*gs out! Keep Britain white!”

Mr Clapton has never recanted or apologized for this expression of his deepest thoughts

I suggest that you get all your product by Mr Clapton CBE and post it back to his current label:

Mr Eric Cllapton CBE
c/o Surfdog Inc / Dave Kaplan Management
1126 South Coast Highway 101
Encinitas, CA 92024, USA
Phone: (760) 944-8000
Fax: (760) 944-7808

Mr 'slowhand' Clapton also supports foxhunting.- but then so do you?

4.0 out of 5 stars Not complete, but an okay introduction, 27 Oct 2007
F. Jensen (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Clapton (Audio CD)
Of course, a 2 cd compilation spanning a 40 year careeer can't be complete so, yes, the title is somewhat misleading (as several other reviewers have pointed out). But it serves fine as an introduction to some of E.C.'s more popular tunes (though several gems and hits are missing).

5.0 out of 5 stars Clapton at his best, 31 Dec 2013
K. Robertshaw - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Clapton (Audio CD)
This is one of the best Clapton collections, it spans the whole of his brilliant career, all his best music and songs. I would recommend this to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, 15 July 2013
This review is from: Complete Clapton (Audio CD)
Love Eric couldn't say anything bad about the CD. Love shopping from home as don't have the time otherwise. Happy with purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete Clapton Usual Genius., 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Complete Clapton (Audio CD)
As always did not dissappoint! wonderful!! just gets better and better would really recommend to all Clapton fans every where.

Complete Clapton
Complete Clapton by Eric Clapton (Audio CD - 2007)