5.0 out of 5 stars Episode titles
For those who want to know, this 2 DVD set includes all 12 episodes of the first series. The episodes are:

1) tomatoes, 2) courgettes, 3) barbecue, 4) beans, 5)onions, 6) carrots & beets, 7) potatoes, 8) peppers & chillies, 9) mushrooms, 10) feathered game, 11) pumpkin & squash, 12) winter salad

The 14 episodes from series two are available on two...
Published on 13 Feb 2009 by music-to-my-ears

3.0 out of 5 stars superb!
i love jamie! he just teaches you how to cook top food, and at amazons price, u gotta have it in ur collection. speedy delivery, excellent price, buy it!
Published on 4 Dec 2010 by warrington england

5.0 out of 5 stars Episode titles, 13 Feb 2009
This review is from: Jamie Oliver - Jamie At Home The Complete Series [DVD] (DVD)

The 14 episodes from series two are available on two separate DVDs of 'summer recipes' and 'winter recipes'.

All highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward wholesome cookery. Tasty!, 29 Oct 2007
Rowena Hoseason "Hooligween" (Kernow, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
Jamie Oliver is always a watchable TV chef, and this series is one of his best. It abandons trendy fashion cookery and concentrates on easy to make, wholesome food. Some of it is the best of traditional British but Jamie often uses homegrown ingredients in international recipes, or spices up old fashioned recipes with an unusual flavour from overseas.

It's a little strange at time, seeing the urban scooter dude leave behind the big city and instead take to the country life in a big way. Although I'm informed (thanks!) that Jamie grew up as a country lad, it's still a bit weird to see him on a shooting party, wearing a Barbour jacket and blazing away at game birds...
Some people may well feel unsettled at a couple of programmes which feature country sports and show animals being killed and then cooked and eaten -- but that's part of the point of the series, to show people where food actually comes from. Jamie tries very hard to make unusual foodstuffs appealing, and it works to an extent. You might consider eating more than just chicken after watching this!

The recipes are very easy to follow and there's no difficult cooking techniques. The series concentrates on finding good food and then preparing it simply. I was confident I could prepare any of the meals shown (although I wouldn't use an outdoor oven, which is just a tiny bit pretentious!). And Jamie doesn't go too overboard on the salt / butter / alchohol content of each dish, unlike many TV chefs. It's easy to make meals that tase good if you drown them in fat and salt... most of Jamie's recipes taste good by using clever combinations of herbs and flavours.
Of course, not all of us have the time to grow so many of the veg that Jamie uses (he has a proper gardener: I barely have time to mow the lawn!), but I appreciate being shown what is possible, even if I don't have time to do it myself. The same is true of many of the cookery techniques -- I'm probably not going to make a pizza base from scratch but am inspired after seeing how easy it is to make the dough.

Even if you don't want to cook any of the dishes, this is an entertaining series. Half-hour programmes are easily watched and digested. Plus, there is an air of realism, no matter how well prepped everything is for the TV crew. You get the feeling that disasters can happen in Jamie's kitchen, which is reassuring!
I'd be happy to receive this DVD as a gift, and it would suit any cook who wants some inspiration for easily-prepared wholesome food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper Pukka Tucka, 18 Jan 2008
I never usually go for cookery programs, but this series has converted me. Full of honest, real advice and without a single hint of pretentious nonsense, the DVD series works well with the Jamie At Home cookbook by bringing the recipes to life, helping you to make a more informed decision about what to cook.
True, Jamie can come across as slightly agitated at times in front of the camera, but there's no denying that he's clearly passionate about what he does.
It's a great series, informative, fun and relaxing to simply watch too. But most of all, Jamie's cooking works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, 8 Sep 2008
I thoroughly enjoy Jamie's candid style, and above all, his desire to create awesome meals from the highest quality ingredients, mostly from his own gardens. My wife and I aren't really `cooking show' fans, but we find ourselves really succumbed by Jamie's personality and atmosphere. If anyone wants to learn how to make healthy and delicious food in an agrarian way, this is my number-one recommendation. Without sounding too much like a fan-boy, I would like to see more of his farm and meet Brian, Jamie's gardener, some day. It'll probably never happen, but I believe he would be a real joy to meet and speak with. I love the way he uses raised beds for most of the vegetables grown. In other words, there is more to learn from this series than just the food being prepared. I was born and raised on a farm where we grew and raised about 98 percent of everything we ate, and I can totally relate to many of the techniques at work on his property. This series, I believe, is in a totally different class of `cooking shows' all by itself. What a treat. Love It!
Also, if you haven't noticed, I'm from the U.S., but I can still play these DVDs even though they are PAL formatted. If you would like to order his DVDs, but don't have a PAL compatible player, you can get a really good one for around 60 dollars off a certain famous Internet auction site. I bought a Pioneer DV-300 that's been configured to play any region DVD in both PAL and NTSC formats. It works beautifully! Just read the instructions on how to set up your player for both formats. It may appear that it's not going to play the disc right, but if you read the directions, it'll tell you how to use a button combination to select the right mode you need. I hope this helps someone! I love being able to play any DVD from anywhere in the world.
Jamie and Brian, if your reading this, Job Well Done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my mind about this lad, 24 Feb 2008
J. R. Huckle "johnhuckle3" (Burton upon Trent) - See all my reviews
I have really changed my mind about the lad "Jamie".
He semms to have elevated his standards (which were high but all that Pukka and wot not got to me after a while).

This new series really is brilliant. Simple and mouthwatering and my wife who is never that bothered by food programmes but enjoys growing veg is totally sold on Jamie at the moment.

Really good and well worth a look. Bought the book and really enjoying the results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jamie Oliver - Jamie At Home, 27 Feb 2008
Fantastic series. This is the best type of cooking, good home cooking using pure fresh ingredients and even if you do not grow your own, all of the ingredients are readily available - it is down to earth, it is practical and so doable - if you only buy one cookery dvd & book in your life make it this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pukka!, 4 May 2009
J. Wills (UK) - See all my reviews
I dont recall him saying 'pukka' at all, (which is a shame!) but this DVD is great! Exactly what you'd expect from Jamie Oliver - informative, easy to follow recipes, and he genuinely seems like he's having a laugh whilst making it. The BBQ episode will make you fat just watching it!!.......Essential purchase for any food lover :)

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 30 Mar 2009
C. vidal (uk) - See all my reviews
Great DVD for anyone who loves cooking or gardening...so inspirational. Jamie hasn't always been my favourite but this series is packed with great tips on both subjects and is so relaxing to watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent DVD, 25 Dec 2012
His ability to share his enthusiasm for cooking doesn't fade and although this is an old DVD it is still a winner especially for those that like to grow their own veggies and enjoy the rewards.

5.0 out of 5 stars So delicious!, 29 Oct 2012
This DVD is so pleasant. Jamie Oliver cooks very rhythmically and happily. I can think that I can cook like him when I watch this DVD. Though some recipes were very difficult and I could not cook them by the same way as a recipe, but I could enjoy watching this DVD.

Jamie Oliver - Jamie At Home The Complete Series [DVD]