5.0 out of 5 stars A pet for the whole family without the added costs!!
Published on 30 Jan 2008 by Jaynie

3.0 out of 5 stars average game (a childs review)
Overall i would rate the game 3 star, the man (your grandfather in the game) didn't stop talking and that made it quite hard to concerntrate as you kept clicking loads of times. Also the training is kinda hard.
There are also some good points like the fact that your horse is adoreable and the rides in the forest together are fun.
You can brush and groom your...
Published on 22 Aug 2012 by Isabel

5.0 out of 5 stars A pet for the whole family without the added costs!!, 30 Jan 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Whitaker Family Presents: Horse Life (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I purchased this for my 4 year old daughter - Its Brill. To start with you choose which type of pony and the colour you would like, it then takes you to the stables and you see the new born foal and asks you to name your pony. The graphics are very realistic and you immediately become attached to this cyberpony. Once I had read the on-screen instructions my daughter found it easy to navigate the menu's and look after the pony. You can train your pony, feed, stroke, groom, shampoo and wash, muck out, go in the forest for rides and take part in competitions. You win money at the competitions which you can spend on grooming items, food, treats, tack and new outfits. I have a 7 year old son and it appeals to him as much as my daughter and even my husband and I have been known to have the odd sneaky go when the children have gone to bed. It does not have a 2 player mode, wi-fi connection or single card download, but hey. This game is great and I would definately recommend it to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good game!, 7 Dec 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I love horse games this is the best game on ds i have played yet, the graphics are really good and the movements are so realistic, theres quite a lot to do and the dressage is really good and soo fun normally i would get bored, ive got a lot of ds games now and this is one of my favorites ive been playing this game for over 3 weeks and it hasn't got boring yet, the best part is going for rides in the forest, the only bad thing is that it uses lots of battery.
overall 5/5 fun for all ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, amazing game!, 13 Oct 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
im a 16 year old girl and horse mad, but not owning a horse my self i go for the next best thing, viedo games. I find it hard to get horse games for my age, most are a little babyish. I have all the pippa funnell games for pc and ds, but this game is my fave by far, You really feel like you have a bond with your horse and unlike some game it doesn't take a hour to finsih, ive had it for a week and still not completed it which is nice because its not to hard and you wont get bored of playing.
If you love horses you will love this for sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 10 Feb 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I am 11 years old and was introduced to this game by my friend who is as mad on horses as I am!!! As soon as I played it I loved it!!! At this point, I didn't have a nintendo DS but I loved the game so much I got one. I

You choose the breed and colour of your foal and give it a name. Then you start to train it and get diplomas. You need to groom your horse, keep it fit by going for rides in the forest and generally keep it happy by keeping it in good condition, going to see it in the pasture and making sure to vary its diet.

With the money you win at competitions, you can buy food and snacks for your horse, new saddles and clothes. As you progress, more things are available in the shop and new trails in the forest are unlocked, as well as new competitions.

But it doesn't end there: a surprise waits at the end of the game!!!

I would definitely recommend this game; horse-lover or not!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant,Brilliant and even more Brilliant!!!!, 13 July 2008
A Kid's Review
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
(This review is written by Sian Prest age:10)What have Nintendo come up with this game is sensational.Buy it, it's certainly worth the money!!!!It's so much fun!!You get to ride you're horse in the forest,you get money when you enter competitions and then with the money you can buy things from the Tack shop such as:Food for you're horse,a saddle,rider's clothing and new music to listen to when you're riding in the forest etc.You can wash you're horse,brush you're horse and train you're horse for competitons!!It's just so much fun!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than buying a real horse!, 31 Oct 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
My 9 year old daughter, like most little girls of her age, is desperate for a pony. However,living in the city rules this out (not to mention the cost of buying and then "running" a horse). I saw this advertised and decided to give ita go. And she loves it! For anyone who has ever seen the game "Nintendogs" you'll get the idea. It's a virtual horse that you get to care for, train, perform with etc. OK, so it's never going to replace a real horse, but it's cheaper, smaller (ever tried getting a pony in the car when you want to take the family away to Center Parcs!) and, for the momnet at least, has stopped the constant "Dad, can we at least look at getting a pony? I promise I'll do all the work and you won't have to do a thing!" There really should be more games like this released. All I see when I go into the video game store with my son is shooting titles and action games. My daughter gets as much joy out of her DS as my son. Come on games makers, start thinking about the girls!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this game!!, 29 Oct 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I am 12 and I just loooove this game! I live in the city and my parents said it was impossible for me to own a horse, then I found this game!! I finally have my own horse, I love it, feed it - even buy it lush things from the shop.

All girls who love horses should def get this game!

4.0 out of 5 stars The best game ever!, 28 Nov 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
It is a very good game. The graphics are extremely good and it is extremely realistic. It is a game for both boys and girls, i have had my boyfriend around and he loved it! (he is 14 and hates video games!) It requires alot patience because some movements you need to learn are quite boring and having to repeat them many times gets quite boring. On that note it is quite monotonous and everything that this girl melissa says if you beat her is always the same.

The breeds you start off with are:
-Arabian Thoroughbred
-English Thoroughbred
and later on you unlock the unicorn.

Overall it is an extremely good game and is worth every penny/dime!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it !! Recommend to all !, 4 Jan 2008
Sue (hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I am 14 years old and i loved this game!
The graphics are good and it is easy to play!
I completed the game in less thn a week but i still love 2 just sit and do the courses again!
I recommend this game to anyone of any ages!!
It is proberly the best next thing to a real horse!
A must have for all horse lovers with a DS !!

5.0 out of 5 stars next best thing, 30 Oct 2007
TAYLOR "TOP" (Warwick/England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I always wanted a pony and Horselife is the next best thing,I recommend this to every girl who owns a DS console as its great fun.

The Whitaker Family Presents: Horse Life (Nintendo DS)
Used & New from: £1.45