5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring - a must buy for your pregnancy

Published on 11 Aug. 2009 by Axio

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring - a must buy for your pregnancy, 25 Oct. 2007
F. Mcknight (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BuddhaBellies - Yoga for Pregnancy DVD (DVD)
I have been using this dvd for the last 3 months of my pregnancy but wish I had found it before ... The yoga is simple enough for the beginner, which I was, but because there are three different sessions it never gets boring. It also really helped with my back pain. I cannot recommend this highly enough - I'll be buying it for all my pregnant friends. A truly inspirational dvd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Shiva Rea..., 6 Oct. 2007
This review is from: BuddhaBellies - Yoga for Pregnancy DVD (DVD)
Having been nauseated by the last yoga video i bought, i was glad to find Nicole Croft's DVD during my latest pregnancy. She was a godsend during my last few months when i practiced the intermediate session several times per week. The sessions are well shot and executed and the voiceover is calm and relaxing, guiding you through the poses at a comfortable pace. I really felt physically in control of my contractions when it came to the birth in part due to the confidence that my yoga preparations had given me, of which this DVD played a large part. I bought 2 more copies for friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this pregnancy yoga practice, 22 Feb. 2009
This review is from: BuddhaBellies - Yoga for Pregnancy DVD (DVD)
As a yoga teacher myself, I felt a little stuck with my regular practice when I got pregnant. I hadn't trained specifically in pregnancy yoga and was unable to get to a specialist teacher to check which postures were beneficial. I bought this DVD and worked through all 3 sequences depending on my mood and energy levels. Yoga should be simple, taking us back to the essence of the breath, and being present in our practice at all times. This DVD certainly achieves that. If you want a good exercise workout, go for a brisk walk. If you want to strectch your body, whilst reconnecting with some inner peace, calm and clarity in the run up to having a baby, get this DVD!

1.0 out of 5 stars uninspring and dull, 11 Aug. 2009
Axio (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BuddhaBellies - Yoga for Pregnancy DVD (DVD)
I was practicing yoga before pregnancy so I got several prenatal yoga dvds to help me continue the practice after I became pregnancy. Unfortunately I found this one the dullest and uninspiring. As some of the previous reviews have also mentioned, the voice in this dvd leading you through the practice is so flat and almost robotic that almost seemed she was also bored or something! The practice itself is ok - calm and not very challenging. But along the practice there isn't much explanation on the benefits or purpose of certain postures, either. So I felt like basically I'm just following a dull and flat voice through different postures. And because of the overall 'cold' atmosphere throughout, I don't particularly enjoy the practice, either. If you're thinking about getting one or a couple of pregnancy dvds, I'd suggest you skip this one and go for either Shiva Rea's or Tara Lee's -both are great and actually complement each other (to me at least), plus both are doing a great job making you more aware of your practice with a baby inside and of the benefits of certain postures that could be useful in labour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, 25 April 2012
This review is from: BuddhaBellies - Yoga for Pregnancy DVD (DVD)
I've always practised a lot of yoga during my pregnancies and this is one of the best DVDs I've come across to replace proper classes which I can't attend now due to knee problems.

It's well written and designed, not patronising, it's not all artsy and full of tacky music; it's just a simple selection of yoga workouts designed for any level of experience and clearly labelled for each stage of pregnancy. Nicole is easy to follow and offers easier positions for people who might find some of the stretches uncomfortable. You don't need a lot of fancy equipment - a yoga mat is helpful but you could substitute it for a simple blanket if you're practising on carpet. She does use a strap at points but the same effect is easily achievable with something like a tie or a scarf.

The breathing and relaxation techniques are a really helpful tool for labour and it's easy enough to practice for 30 minutes or so a day if you can find the time. Highly recommended :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yoga for Pregnancy: Nicole Croft, 18 Oct. 2007
This review is from: BuddhaBellies - Yoga for Pregnancy DVD (DVD)
Nicole's yoga DVD has been an indispensable part of my pregnancy, alongside her weekly classes. The DVD allows you to choose between 3 practice session ranging in duration and ability.
Following Nicole's clear and concise instruction allows you to follow a practice session with ease whilst experiencing an enhanced attunement with one's ever changing body and mind throughout this life changing time.
The filming assists you in seeing postures clearly with an additional image in the corner of the screen that highlights specific areas of focus or alternatives to the main posture shown.
I would highly recommend this DVD to any woman in pregnancy. I can only hope that there is a post natal DVD in the pipeline!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this DVD, 15 May 2008
CW (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BuddhaBellies - Yoga for Pregnancy DVD (DVD)
I bought this DVD on the back of the reviews it had received on Amazon and I have not been disappointed. The DVD is clear, well paced and, thankfully, doesn't have the typical yoga music on it.
I thoroughly recommend it, mostly because of the choice of the workouts. It has workouts of varying lengths to fit in with your busy, or not so busy, day.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUDDHA BELLIES, 6 Mar. 2008
Ms. J. Sill (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BuddhaBellies - Yoga for Pregnancy DVD (DVD)
Inspired by Vanda Scaravelli, Nicole offers a wonderful introduction to Yoga for Pregnancy with three guided sequences. These are of varying lengths and adapted to suit different stages of pregnancy from 14 weeks to full term. Beautifully filmed, Nicole elegantly demonstrates the postures while 6 months pregnant, with clear background instructions. The timing is very good and one really gets the feel of the flow of the asanas guided and facilitated by the all important breath. The DVD aims to empower and help mums to be at all stages of pregnancy, offering a simple to follow guide which can easily and safely be used at home. Excellent. Yoga & Health magazine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Oct. 2008
This review is from: BuddhaBellies - Yoga for Pregnancy DVD (DVD)
I bought this along with another yoga-dvd and two pilates dvds. I haven't done any yoga before but have been quite active before my pregnancy (this is 3rd one, so I know why the exercise matters throughout pregnancy as well..).

This dvd is very well paced and instructed, even for beginners. I did the 60 minute set today and personally don't think of it as a true workout, but rather an excellent stretching and relaxation exercise. But that is what you essentiallly need when you're pregnant! Often you don't even notice how tight your muscles are before they actually start aching. After the 60 minute exercise, I felt so good and relaxed that I almost fell asleep on the floor.

As others have said, the lack of music is very good. You get tired of any kind of music if you listen to it several times a week.

I'm now 20 weeks pregnant and plan to do this at least once a week. If you want one routine that you can follow throughout your pregnancy, buy this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best yoga for pregnancy dvd i've come across!, 4 Mar. 2008
Mrs. F. Harrap "Flora" (Oxford) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BuddhaBellies - Yoga for Pregnancy DVD (DVD)
I disagree with the reviewer who says this dvd is dull. I have liked it specifically because of its simplicity. There is no music, but this is great because there is no chance of getting bored of new age music on a loop and I have been able to do the yoga to either whatever soundtrack i choose or to no music at all so that i can focus on my breathing which i found a useful tool during contractions in my previous two labours. The yoga, as you would expect of pregnancy yoga, is relatively gentle (though i find session 3 a proper workout) but it definately helps. Even though i only manage a session once, maybe twice a week, i can feel my back strengthened and always sleep amazingly well afterwards. This is my 3rd pregnancy and so I have tried other yoga dvd's but think that this one stands head and shoulders above the rest. I would really recommend this dvd and have been telling my pregnant friends to buy it.

BuddhaBellies - Yoga for Pregnancy DVD
BuddhaBellies - Yoga for Pregnancy DVD by Rory Hinds (DVD - 2007)