5.0 out of 5 stars I lIked It
Published on 3 Dec 2007 by Rufuszulu

This is by far the worst digital compact I have had the misfortune to use, avoid it at all costs if you want to be able to take good photos with a point-and-click digital compact!

Published on 29 Dec 2007 by T. Peters

5.0 out of 5 stars I lIked It, 3 Dec 2007
Rufuszulu (West London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony DSCT70S Slim Digital Camera - Silver (8.1MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 3.0" LCD (Electronics)
I have an earlier 5.1MP slim camera and got T70 as a replacement in September. A noticeable improvement was steadyshot, as blurred photos were always a problem with the earlier model. Another good feature is the auto speed of the camera and its ability to shoot in low light levels, without flash, that I wouldn't have considered with its predecessor. The bigger LCD is great, but I found it somewhat fiddly changing settings. All in all, I liked it and am very happy with it

1.0 out of 5 stars Style over substance - avoid at all costs! Very poor image quality, 29 Dec 2007
T. Peters (London, UK) - See all my reviews

I purchased this camera as a Christmas present for my girlfriend as it is small ("handbag friendly) and appears to possess some good features (image stabilisation, face detection etc) in addition to being 8.1MP.

To give Sony some credit, the camera does have a good solid feel and the LCD screen presented crisp images. However, it was only after my girlfriend uploaded the photos she had taken on Christmas day that I realised how poor the image quality actually is. All the pictures came out with a foggy haze over them. Each image also had a lot of "noise" and in low light conditions the pictures were appalling. Comparing the photos that had been taken by an Ixus 750 I realised how bad the images actually were. I use a 40D SLR as my main camera so know a bit about playing around with camera settings, and even when I changed the ISO and flash settings on this camera the pictures still came out far worse than the lower MP Ixus.

My suspicion is that to get the style (and price) of this camera right Sony have sacrificed the quality of the image sensors and compressors, leading to poor image reproduction. This is a real shame as it has the potential to be a nice little camera.

If you value the quality of your pictures look elsewhere (the Ixus range is great)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fast shutter, 18 Dec 2007
Andrew Hunt "andrewhunt8" (London, England) - See all my reviews
Picture quality on this type of camera doesn't vary much between equivalent modeld of different brands - you get what you pay for.

Shutter speed (or rather shutter lag) differs greatly and this camera is very quick - about .18 seconds for a single shot. Compare this with the IXUS models which vary from 0.38 to 0.45. It doesn't sound like much but it's often the difference between capturing what your trying to photograph and missing it.

Menu etc. is OK - not totally intuitive but not that hard. Switching from stills to video is a bit fiddly. Touch screen works fine, even with my fat fingers.

Only complaint is the lense is in the top left corner and it;s very easy to poke your finger across the lense - but with the large screen you'll notice it straight away.
Worth 5 stars just for being fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 April 2013
Brought this for my partner as a present - so I don't know how good the product performs.

However, seems like she loves the products so can't complain I guess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 12 Oct 2009
Ms. G. Kaur (UK) - See all my reviews
Great pictures. very easy to use, compatible with all my other devices. Very sleek. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 16 Jan 2008
W. Richardson - See all my reviews
First time I've ever felt compelled to write a review on Amazon. This camera may look great but it simply takes terrible photos. The images are grainy and flat, very similar to my 5mp camera on my Sony Ericsson k850i. I upgraded from my p200 which I loved and the photos are 50x worse. Recommend you look at a Panasonic or Fuji camera which will give much better results.

5.0 out of 5 stars SONY DSC T70S, 23 May 2008
AS WITH ALL GREAT PRODUCTS IT HELPS TO DO A BIT OFF RESEARCH AND IT HELPS IF YOU NO WHAT YOUR AFTER .FISRTLY I WANTED A SMALL BUT POWERFUL CAMEERA EASY TO USE OUT OF THE BOX FULL OF GREAT EXTRAS LIKE EASY TO USE MENU.WEN YOU OPEN THE BOX THE SIZE AMAZING SO IS 3INC TOUCH SCREEN IT EVEN HAS BUILT MEMORY IF YOU ANT GOT A CARD YET.THE PICTURES TAKEN ARE AMAZING TOO .THIS CAMERA HAS THAT WOW FACTOR PEOPLE AT WORK ALL ASK TO LOOK AT IT.PLUS THIS CAMERA RETAILS AT 229.00GBP AT MOST SHOPS BUT AMAZON ARE SELLING IT AT 162.00GB GREAT SAVING .GOOD LUCK

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 30 Mar 2008
My sister got this camera as a present from her boyfriend and has had no problem apart from the fact i scratched it a tiny weeny bit and she still can't get over it, aniwaii this camera is the best we've had so far and it's also the most quality. Whoeva sed that this camera was to be avoided is wrong becoz 1.If you think it's rubbish go buy it from the shop and don't depend ur lyf on online shopping. 2. It has the best quality and lighting. 3. Ur confused lol =]