5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Debut ; Stardom Beckons
Published on 15 Nov 2007 by Charles Kingdom

3.0 out of 5 stars bargain find
i picked this up while out shopping and listened to the first minute of opening track, 'on the money' i took it to counter and made an impulse buy.
Published on 22 Jan 2008 by Ms. C. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Debut ; Stardom Beckons, 15 Nov 2007
This review is from: Set The Mood (Audio CD)
David Jordan first came to my attention as a support act to Beverley Knight on her recent tour, and it was immediately apparent that here was a major star in waiting. Possessed of a magnetic and charismatic on-stage persona, Jordan delivered an immaculate set with huge confidence and terrific aplomb,and this quality was further borne out on listening to the CD. This is an excellent debut, containing superb vocal performances, song writing of the highest calibre and world class arrangement and production. There are no poor tracks; some stand out for me, such as 'Only Living Soul', a powerful rock ballad, and a highlight of the live concert, and the eclectic 'Glorious Day', but you may well have other favourites as there is so much here to attract so many musical palettes.This CD will certainly not disappoint; David Jordan will be a major pop/soul/rock player for some considerable time to come, so dive in and find out what the fuss is about!

3.0 out of 5 stars bargain find, 22 Jan 2008
Ms. C. Jones (newcastle, united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Set The Mood (Audio CD)
its hard to find who to compare it to, its def an album to settle down to with a glass of wine in hand. david is london based and you can tell by the music sounds coming out of this album. i would possibly describe as soul/rock.
think john legend or seal with regards to the strength of vocals. hints of a less rockier lenny kravitz. 'sun goes down' is quite poppy and sounds like a marching anthem. 'place in my heart' is the single released from the album and possibly the one you may have heard of. buy this if you like seal, the legend prince or mcalmont & butler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright new talent, 9 Mar 2008
C. Butler (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Set The Mood (Audio CD)
I thought this album was great. It's like a breath of fresh air to hear well written, well produced songs which are quite varied in their style. I'll certainly be looking out for this fella in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars David Jordan, 2 Feb 2008
D. J. Boyle "Angel Dee" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Set The Mood (Audio CD)
Just discovered this amazing guy.. He reminds me alot of Price AKA. lol. He is like a fresh, updated 21st Century version of Prince!. I love every song that I have heard. He is very "Easy listening" and I wanna hear more! Where has this guy been hiding?
Perfect chill out choone!

4.0 out of 5 stars Please Ignore the previous review, 1 Nov 2007
This review is from: Set The Mood (Audio CD)
I dont think you can rely on a review of an album where the person clearly admits they have only heard the single. How can any one be critical of an album when they haven't heard it (apart from one song)?? In the end of the day it is just a guess.

Do I own the album? Yes and have listened to it a number of times. Is it the best album I own musically? No. To my it sound like the artist is making a good attempt at doing something from a fresh perspective. If you liked the single you will probably like most of the album and I am sure he would be entertaining live as he clearly has a more unique style not like your average manafactured pop star.

Incidentally if you where in any way put of by the review from Maria look at the rest of their reviews and you will see this reviewer gives anything they like a 5 star, which indicates they believe that they believe it is without flaws. Anything they dont personally like is scored at 0

It is not fair to people looking at these reviews and relying on the opinion of others to post reviews with swearing in (I dont care if it is asterixed out) and where you clearly can not produce a good reasons why you dont like it. If you want to review it listen to the whole album then provide a good MUSICAL reason why it is bad.

PS sorry for the rant but I get sick of people reviewing products on this site when they have not listened to/bought or even been near the product.

Should anyone else how reads this agrees that swearing of any type is not approriate in a review and are getting sick of trying to get an idea of what other people thought and being constantly confronted by these types of reviews, please report this person as I have done and may be these people will start posting useful reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars SET THE MOOD & MOVE ON, 19 Mar 2008
Philip Johnson (Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Set The Mood (Audio CD)
Having heard only one single I saw the CD album and it was an impulse purchase for me. Having listened to the album at least half a dozen times now I have grown to love every track. One of the best albums I have heard for a long time.

Similarities to Terence Trent-Darby and Seal are unavoidable, but this young man has an excellent vocal and writing talent that we need at the moment. I love SUN GOES DOWN & PLACE IN MY HEART. One track that grows on me is SWEET PRINCE which is a beautiful ballad with vocals which remind me of Michael Jackson. Next single 'MOVE ON' will prove to be a massive hit for this great singer. Look forward to your next one Mr Jordan so lets Set the Mood and Move On.

I am a 52 year old music lover, and adore the 60's music, ABBA and recent releases by Scissor Sister, Maroon 5 and the great Duffy. Nice to hear some great music about in the Noughties.

Phil

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Album I have bought this year., 23 Jan 2008
janie (Oxford ,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Set The Mood (Audio CD)
Having heard Sun Go Down on the radio for two weeks now I decided to find out more about David Jordan.
I have now bought the CD and absolutely love it. What a brilliant voice and I can't fault the music at all. Musically this is the best album I have bought this year.

3.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected!, 14 Feb 2008
This review is from: Set The Mood (Audio CD)
Bought the album for `sun goes down` which is fab. I was expecting similar energy and punch in the other tracks and whilst it is fair to say the first four tracks are a great start to the album, I felt that it lost its way a bit after the initial buzz - I hope to see more of this new kid on the block though as he has potential to be great and he doesnt have to sound like seal (which sun goes down doesnt) to get there!

I only gave the album 3 stars to reflect the fact that I only really liked half the album - it is all `listenable` though and sun goes down could have been a eurovision winner if entered if it were not such a political contest these days!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ace, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Set The Mood (Audio CD)
Love this CD, listened to it so many times and never get bored of it, such a good all round listening

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Set The Mood (Audio CD)
As this item was only 1.28,including postage, I thought I would give it a chance and sooooo glad I did. It has been on three times and I only got it today. I bought it for his chart hit but the rest of the album is really good. What else can I say. Give it a try.

Set The Mood
Set The Mood by David Jordan (Audio CD - 2007)