5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly as good as the DVD game can get
Contrary to another review, this game does have the three standard lifelines. The Switch lifeline was available in the TV version occasionally, but this time it is introduced at a very early stage (£1,000).

Like previous incarnations of the game, the "Phone a Friend" version is useless - my "friend" answered the £100 question wrong!

This is a much...
Published on 27 Dec. 2007 by AquaViola

2.0 out of 5 stars A Real Disappointment Im Afraid
Well................Dare I say it After Many Interactive versions of "Millionaire"........ But ...IS This Game Abit of "Old Hat"?? ----a-Maybe.....b-Definatly....c-No it Isnt....d-Yes it Is

Published on 27 Nov. 2007 by Mr. P. Keighley

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly as good as the DVD game can get, 27 Dec. 2007
This review is from: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Real Cash Prize Edition [Interactive DVD] (DVD)

This is a much better paced game - previous versions had Chris on screen after every question, slowing things down, whereas this time only his voice is heard after the first four questions, speeding things up.

Ignore the "Real Cash Prize" element - it's a £1.50 a time phoneline with only 6 prizes - and there's no confetti if you win the million virtual pounds.

You can choose Adult or Junior questions, and General Knowledge, Sport or Entertainment, and there's no time limit to the questions.

What more do you want out of this DVD? It's just plain fun - and difficult.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's pretty good!, 26 Dec. 2007
Looking at the reviews below I was quite surprised to see only 2 stars. This is the first Millionaire DVD I have got so maybe I have nothing to compare it to, but I thought it was pretty well put together, only played once so can't comment on "repeat questions", but it's great fun and the graphics are cool, and YES there IS a 50/50, phone a friend AND ask the audience AS WELL AS the new "switch lifeline".
Good.

2.0 out of 5 stars A Real Disappointment Im Afraid, 27 Nov. 2007
Mr. P. Keighley "bonerra10" (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews

No Ask the Audience Or 50/50 OR Phone a friend..............A "Switch" perhaps!!!!!!!!!!!............which Kinda Loses The Whole Feel Of The Game On this new Version Im Afraid.

The Gameplay is Broken Up, It Almost Looks Like Chris Tarrant Himself is Getting Pretty Bored Doing These DVD"s Now, and I MUCH Preffered The New "Deal Or No Deal DVD ( Which I Recieved At The Same Time ) By a Country MILE.

The game Just Feels Out of date Now Im afraid.............It Has been FANTASTIC In Years Gone by, But What Really HAS Disappointed Me In This New 2007 Version DVD, Is That Its NOT the NEW 12 Questions as On The Real Thing, It is STILL 15 Questions Starting from £100.

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty discs seem common with this game, 25 Jun. 2010
Mrs. S. J. Brown (Biddenden, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
I have had many of the previous versions of this game and thoroughly enjoyed them. This one, with the 4 remotes for multiplayer gaming, seemed like a great idea. However, the first disc I bought had a major fault in that you could ONLY access the multiplayer game from the main menu, and not the 11 Anniversary Games. No amount of clicking on that option got you anywhere as the screen simply flickered and remained on the menu.

Exchanged it for another copy and had exactly the same fault, so I am now forced to ask for my money back. Extremely disappointed as the multiplayer game seemed like fun (had no problem cofiguring the multiplayer remotes with my DVD remote). Upon checking the reviews here, it would seem that faulty discs are in abundance, so it would seem that the developers are just trying to put too much onto the disc. I know it isn't my equipment, as I tried the discs in several machines, all with the same result.

1.0 out of 5 stars Controls don't work, gameplay has gone down, 26 Dec. 2008
Luke Brunning (Halifax, West Yorks., UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this as a present having had great fun with a previous version. However the controls do not work half the time, with it saying you have selected a different answer to the one you did (which completely spoils a quiz). Also, there is only one type of game, i.e. the multiplayer option so if you have junior players most of the questions are not suited to them. Complete lemon, I am not buying any of this series again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Missed opportunity - quite a let down., 5 Jan. 2009
Like other reviewers, I find this hugely disappointing. I have to say that once we had mastered how to get the hand sets linked to the DVD remote, we had no problem at all with these (ie the technology worked).

What we did have a problem with though was the game play. Part of the "joy" of WWTBAM is the risk aspect of getting questions wrong. On this game there is no risk. If you get something wrong the worst that happens is that you are "blocked" from answering the next time around - ie you do not lose money. The game is therfore "who can answer the question the quickest?". Unfortunately given the fact that the virtual Chris Tarrant does not read the questions out aloud (you have to read the text), it means that it also becomes a question of "who can read the fastest" - not exactly great. The other issue is that despite having only played it three times, we have had a very large number of questions repeated.

If you buy this you are very likely to be disappointed somewhere along the line! My advice is ...don't bother.

1.0 out of 5 stars CRUD CRUD CRUD CRUD, 28 Dec. 2008
This was the biggest waste of time money and effort in my entire existence
i cannot stress with out using bad words how terrible it was,extremely disappointing..i just want to take a hammer to it just thinking about it.
incompatable not tested properly..just a pale immitation of a great game!!! do not buy it!!! even if it looks flashy and entertaining.

2.0 out of 5 stars Faulty..., 15 Feb. 2009
I. Wilson "pilotsfs" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these for a christmas present for my partner and I to play. We didn't get very far... The dvd got stuck right at the begining when trying to enter an answer to a question. We tried repeatedly to no avail. After reloading the dvd a number of times we tried the dvd on other players to confirm it wasn't a fault with the player. Still the dvd stuck. All our dvd players are in good working order and play other games and interactive dvds perfectly. Sent the dvd back to Amazon, who very kindly replaced it and very promptly too... many thanks Amazon. Sadly the replacement copy had exactly the same problem!! It's sad that the manufaturer did not test the dvd properly - if they had they might have spotted the problem. My partner and I reckon this could have been a good game, but was very dissapointing, thanks to the manufacturing fault. Until the manufacturer resolves the problem, I would steer clear of this item!

3.0 out of 5 stars Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? - 10th Anniversary Edition [Interactive..., 14 Jan. 2013
Karen Douglas-Bhanot (Chichester, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my son who is a fan. I assumed it would play on his X-box as with other DVDs but it doesn't - you definitely need a DVD player with a remote control to use the game properly.

We had a good laugh playing this game & I would have given it more stars except that the questions were very repetitive & it was too easy to get to a million (mostly without using up your lifelines either!) There were nowhere near enough questions & we literally finished with the whole game in a couple of hours.

We liked Chris Tarrant but even his responses could have had a few more variables - he was a bit too predictable.

The controllers were easy to set up (once we got a DVD player) but they definitely favour fastest readers, so you have to devise your own rules to make it fairer on the younger (and older) players.

Overall, good fun but could be better!

4.0 out of 5 stars C. Pegs, 22 Dec. 2008
Contrary to other reviews I had no problems with the buzzers, they worked fine and all players really enjoyed playing the game using them. The buzzers added more interactivity then previous games and the extra bonus round using the footage from the past 10 years is great!

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Real Cash Prize Edition [Interactive DVD]