on 23 November 2007
I think Michael is at his best performing live before an audience. And this dvd proves it all.His voice is better than ever (giving up smoking)and he really enjoys it and giving his best to the public. Some new songs,some "old",but I never get tired to listen to them,because he makes them sound new everytime. The volume of his voice is better on this DVD,than on his latest CD's. Just listen to "The show must go on" and judge. Indeed, the show must go on,for Michael and all the fans around the world. Keep up the good work and I love to see him perform in "Kismet" one day.
on 11 February 2010
I have just bought this and watched it. I did enjoy it. While Michael's voice is always fantastic, there is no doubt that he manages to raise the game before a live audience and you can feel the interaction, . Which is brilliant for those at the show - people were flying in from as far away as Australia! His fans (and I am one, though lucky enough to be in this country) are never given less than his very best. However, watching the DVD is almost as good as being there

I do feel he is at his prime when he starts to sing the Musical Theatre songs, though. It is his special genre and he excels there.
He was so funny when he said that the two songs he was singing from Kismet were not the ones he would be singing in the show. And now we know what a disaster that Kismet was (apart from Michael Ball)! I went up to London to see it!!! - luckily, I only went because he was in it and he was the ONLY good one in it - it was shockingly awful apart from him. Anyway back on track: ironic though it now is, he sang those Kismet songs beautifully.
The duet A Little Fall of Rain with the young lady who won the opportunity through a pledge for Children in Need was really lovely. And it led nicely to Empty Chairs at Empty Tables, which always makes me cry; he sings it with just the right amount of emotion. Is it now time for him to take on the role of ValJean? What a treat that would be - it would sell out for years!

There is a good mix of songs from different genres here, he looks genuinely thrilled at the response he gets and he is funny. This is a great evening's entertainment; I will watch it again and again. I have given it 4 stars only because I think that his latest Past & Present DVD is even better. If I could have given this 4 and a half, I would!
on 2 December 2007
Superb show, good production, excellent sound quality. Michael Ball amazes and delights with a wonderful lineup of music including some stellar musical theatre songs (High Flying Adored, This is the Moment, All I Ask of You, Loving You, Love Changes Everything, Stranger in Paradise, And This is my Beloved, Empty Chairs at Empty Tables, etc.) He vocally is at the TOP of his game and his band really rocks the Apollo too. Hard to sit still through much of this performance. His personal renditions of more current well known pop hits such as Crazy (Gnarls Barkley), Rehab (Amy Winehouse), and Don't Feel Like Dancing (Scissor Sisters) actually are significantly BETTER than the original artists. Top marks for the MOST bang for your entertainment buck (or pound...whichever the case). This dvd is just absolute fun from start to end with some breathtakingly beautiful moments in between. THIS is the kind of entertainment I bought my all region DVD player for (I am in the USA).
on 20 November 2007
Michael never ceases to amaze fans with his repertoire and this concert is certainly no exception. From the beautiful 'High Flying Adored' (Lloyd Webber) and the heart-breaking 'Tell Me It's Not True' (Russell) to the more surprising songs including Amy Winehouse's 'Rehab', Scissor Sister's 'Don't Feel Like Dancin'', and Gnarls Barkleys 'Crazy', Michael makes each song his own.

Whether you prefer songs from the musicals, old classics or more uptempo pop numbers Michael packs them all into this DVD. He even performs the duet 'A Little Fall of Rain' (Les Miserables) with a very talented 16 year-old called Sian Crisp who 'won' the opportunity to sing with Michael for the princely sum of £25,000 !!!

Backed by his usual complement of backing singers and band this DVD is superbly produced and the sound quality leaves you feeling as though Michael is actually performing in your living room (if only......!)
on 28 July 2009
I got this for my Mother as a gift, her DVD player had packed up, so I took it home & put in my machine, the guy is a true professional, a great voice, a cracking personality, & list of songs including some heavy Rock numbers, I was hooked. You will not be disapointed.
on 30 January 2009
if you love michael ball like me
then this is the dvd for you
fantastic songs and excellent footage of michael ball
i recommend this dvd to any michael ball fan like me
on 31 March 2014
Bought a whole host of MB stuff after my mum said she loved the most recent CD/DVD, but this was a lot of repeated stuff from other CD's - a bit disappointed.
VINE VOICEon 1 December 2009
A very entertaining DVD which you can watch again and again- I love it!

Great variety of songs - Mr Ball is on form!
on 17 July 2010
I really enjoyed this DVD it has all the great music that makes Michael Ball the star he is
on 16 March 2016
A great live performance by Michael Ball, such a powerful voice and a great showman.