5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent at this price
Published on 19 Oct. 2009 by karabash

3.0 out of 5 stars Scart
I thought I would treat myself to a more upmarket set of scart leads but I can't honestly say that these are any better than my regular black plastic supplied ones.

Sure they are thicker and feel better quality but the sound and picture quality are a bit of a let down
Published on 3 Jan. 2013 by Richard Durkin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent at this price, 19 Oct. 2009
This review is from: 1.5 Metre Metal Plug, Gold Plated, OFC Scart Cable 1.5M Shielded Lead (Electronics)
We used to get severe crosstalk from other channels on our Humax PVR. We replaced the generic SCART cable with this and the crosstalk problems disappeared instantly. We still get a very slight ghost pattern, barely discernible on black screens, but it's hard to tell whether that's due to the equipment itself or the cable. It also appears to have improved the image quality (better contrast and sharper edges) slightly, but without more testing (and I have better things to do with my time than comparing cables!) I wouldn't swear on it.

4.0 out of 5 stars tv accessories upgrade, 21 Nov. 2009
Kevin Lamb "apache" (Kingswinford, England) - See all my reviews
Bought a new Toshiba 1080HD TV from Amazon, so decided to upgrade my cheap tatty scart leads for some good quality ones and these fit the bill perfectly and are excellent value for money and the service from Cable Mountain was first class.
One minor detail though, because the cable enters the back of the plug at 90 degrees, the weight of the cable hanging on the back of the plug can affect the connection to the appliance,for example if the cables are disturbed during cleaning etc. or if the socket you are plugging into is a poor fit as in my case with my old VCR (yes I still have one), but this was easily remedied by securing the cables to relieve the weight.
Apart from that little gripe, I`m absolutely delighted.
Good on ya Cable Mountain

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality item, 29 Dec. 2009
A Kid's Review
Very impressed by the quality of manufacture of this item - solid feeling metal plugs and very flexible lead - I would certainly buy again and from the same company when I need more cables.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just The Job, 13 Jun. 2012
This scart was just the job for where it was needed, i needed a straight out instead of an angled out, this works a treat. Great fit, great reception, thank you. Excellent delivery, would certainly choose this seller again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Price..., 7 Jan. 2013
Tim Kidner "Hucklebrook Hound" (Salisbury, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The Scart sockets either end here are chunky, fit well and are reassuring. They are also really rather gaudy, but stuck behind the TV, that hardly matters.

It is debatable as to how much of an improvement using gold plated Scart leads there actually is, somewhere between none and noticeable and you're somewhere there... vague, I know, but does depend on source quality, the equipment used and even the actual type of film. The shielded wrap around the cable should, in theory, make the signal less susceptible to outside pulses from your mobile or electrical switches, though I'd never suffered from this problem before.

I've been using a much thicker cabled Scart lead with gold-plated ends between my DVD recorder and Virgin V+ box for a long while. I can't remember who made it or where I got it from but it's reassuring to have and in use. When I replaced my normal DVD player, the flimsy piece of plastic rope (in comparison) that came with it seemed so inadequate that I looked online for a better one. I went for 1.5 metre instead of standard 1m, as the price wasn't much more but would allow, say a VHS recorder that was away from the rest of the stack, to be used.

Argos had Bush gold-plated leads for £8.99 - that brand sends shivers of poor quality through me and at least this one seemed to have been made by a manufacturer that makes them for a living, not sourced from someone else as a sideline. At the time of ordering, these were post-free, too. There was no packaging, apart from plastic covers over the plugs.

The all-metal chunky plugs do feel a whole lot more convincing than any plastic one will. Whether or not my DVDs will appear considerably better is still up for debate but the reassurance that they should makes them money well spent. In comparison to the competition, I'd say that they are well made and very good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars all the way, 16 Jan. 2013
well after many years of using cheap scart cables. I got to admit i didnt think more expensive scart cables were worth it, i can conclude I was WRONG. these are amazing quality for the price. Did they improve picture quality. Oh yes, by a very noticable margin. I have mine connected between my sky box, dvd recorder and tv and am amazed.

one other plus point is they come packaged with little plastic covers on the ends so the connectors dont get damaged.

a +++

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Feb. 2014
An excellent quality item at a brilliant price. Great service too. Very happy with this product and would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lead, 21 Feb. 2014
I really liked this brilliant product , as I thought my tv had broken . Realized it was the scart lead. Perfect picture .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great leads, 5 Dec. 2013
These are very well made and great value for money, really handy to have straight lead rather the ones at an angle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Upgrading scarts, 5 Jan. 2012
David Fry "ratbagub" (Hereford, UK) - See all my reviews
I have a complex video system, the week link being the old scart connections. Having minor troubles whith loss of signal I decided to upgrade to a better lead. The leads I purchaced appear to be of good quality, well made and if the information is correct I will have trouble free viewing in future.The service was good, they arrived well before Christmas, well packed and at the right price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›