5.0 out of 5 stars Ketostix
Published on 22 April 2010 by -EFox-

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful aid to 5.2 diet
I am on the 5.2 diet and wanted these to detect ketones in my urine so l knew if I was getting the diet right on the two fasting days. Have found it useful.
Published 16 days ago by Mrs. C. Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Ketostix, 22 April 2010
-EFox- (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Ketostix Reagent Strips Ketone - 50 strips (Personal Care)
Does exactly what it says on the box - Ketostix for detecting ketone bodies in the urine, perfect for those on a low carbohydrate diet. I won't bore you with the details, but low-carb diets force the body into using fat stores, and when this happens fat is converted into fatty acids and ketone bodies - so if there are ketone bodies in your urine, you're losing weight.

There are 50 strips in the tub with a screw tight lid, and all the information and "ketone scale" is on the tub, so if you lose the box and leaflet it's no big deal. The results are colour determined so it's fairly accurate, tested them with both myself (on a low-carb diet) and my boyfriend (not on low-carb diet) and the results were easily distiguishable.

5.0 out of 5 stars These do work but it depends if you are dieting or medically require them., 17 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Ketostix Reagent Strips Ketone - 50 strips (Personal Care)
These do exactly as they say they check for traces of ketones in your urine and the density is calculated by the colour chart on the side. If you are using these for a medical reason the chart plays an important part in this.

However, if like me you are doing the ketogenic diet, carb cycling or for some the atkins diet all this will do is register that you are in ketosis and it does not matter what colour it is to confirm you are in this state. The only worry should be if it is darker purple as then you are not consuming enough water and/or you should see a doctor if this does not lighten with sufficient fluid intake.

If you are in ketosis you are in ketosis please do not mark this product down because you only show trace, I know fully well that I am in ketosis because my carbs are below 20 grams and sugar non existent but still I do not always register a positive reading because of my fluid intake. Do not use these every time you go to the toilet, once a day first thing in the morning should confirm if your diet is working for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, 15 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Ketostix Reagent Strips Ketone - 50 strips (Personal Care)
I got this for myself when I tried the Atkin's diet. It was really easy to use and it did what it was meant to do. I was able to keep check of my ketone levels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ketostix, 28 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Ketostix Reagent Strips Ketone - 50 strips (Personal Care)
very usful for low carbohydrate diets and easy to use..... does what it says on the tin

5.0 out of 5 stars Works excatly as expected., 26 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Ketostix Reagent Strips Ketone - 50 strips (Personal Care)
These were bought in as part of my Ketosis monitoring and there have been no problems. They work excatly as they should do therefore I would recomment to anybody who would need them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great investment, 20 July 2011
This review is from: Ketostix Reagent Strips Ketone - 50 strips (Personal Care)
Hi i bought these so that i could track how well i'm staying in ketosis on the atkins diet, they are a god send! They came through the post really quickly and i've nearly come to the end of the pack so i will be buyin some more from the retailer very soon :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Says exactly on box what they do. Good, 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Ketostix Reagent Strips Ketone - 50 strips (Personal Care)
Does what it says they do
Good and easy instructions
Price good
I am in Atkins diet and these keep me on track to stay low carb

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with it, 25 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Ketostix Reagent Strips Ketone - 50 strips (Personal Care)
Very happy with it. I am still using them after the recommended period. The reason I still believe they are reliable is because I test the family as well. The results are clearly different when I test myself. I also like testing how reliable they are when I drink alcohol and I know the reading is going to vary. I will buy them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Ketostix Reagent Strips Ketone - 50 strips (Personal Care)
The product is as expected and the instructions are easy to understand. The product is easy to use as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Ketostix Reagent Strips Ketone - 50 strips (Personal Care)
I checked reviews for all other brands and yes you can get double the amount for cheaper BUT some reviews say they dont work as effectively so I chose to stick with these as I know for certain these give the correct results.