5.0 out of 5 stars Two types of Pixar shorts- some absolutely classic animation
A great chance to see Pixar shorts both old and new on one disc.

There are two types of shorts here- the 1980s ones (5 of them) from when CG was brand new, computers were less powerful than today's mobile phones and yet Pixar managed to give character and life to some simple objects in a brilliant way. There's an interesting 30-minute documentary which makes...
Published on 15 Jan 2010 by Mr. Stuart Bruce

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
I thought this would be much funnier than it was. It has a lot of the older clips that didn't really grab my child's attention and they lack the humour of the newer clips
Published 17 months ago by HB

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Boxers or Shorts?!, 3 Feb 2009
Yes, I own all the other Pixar DVDs and thus already had all of those short films as bonus material. Still I found this DVD to be a great addition to my DVD collection. Aside from having the shorts in one place, instead of looking for them on various DVDs, the commentaries are interesting - and in case of "Mike's New Car" also very unique ^_^. The documentary about "A Short History" is also very informative and offered some insights. There are many other computer-animated movies that I like a lot, but Pixar just has that special touch to their movies and so do their shorts...
XD okey that just sounds wrong... but you know what I mean ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Use in the classroom, 13 Oct 2013
I use these short films in my class room as a lesson starter or even for a whole lesson. They are easy to plan activities around and are a nice length so that all children are engaged throughout the clip. They are also great for wet breaks and as a bit of a bribe. I love this DVD and have since bought volume 2

5.0 out of 5 stars bought this "for the nephew"!, 30 Nov 2012
Z. Abbott (UK) - See all my reviews
Always thought it would be lovely to have a copy of these shorts... Of course I didn't buy it for me, not at all, no-sir-ee... I of course bought it for my baby nephew and friends children when they come to visit... honest.
I love it - does what it says on the tin and nicely produced. Haven't looked at the extras yet (but it does come with them) as I'm trying to eek it out. Like a book with short chapters, you can't help but seeing 'just one more' and then before you know it you're done. A couple I've not seen before on here too... and now I'm going to have to get the second one.... for the nephew of course...!

5.0 out of 5 stars very entertaining, 27 Nov 2012
enjoyed the shorts, seen them all before but they are short enough yo watch over and over again without getting bored

5.0 out of 5 stars stunning collection of shorts, 10 Mar 2012
this is very good collection of short animation films by disney.pixar. and just shows of what they capable of. and because there on blu ray. it makes them feel all the more special. well recommended for the collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellen animation, 4 April 2011
If you love animation then you will enjoy these shorts, it's great to see the creation process behind great movies such as cars and finding nemo.

4.0 out of 5 stars All the short films in one place, 27 Mar 2011
All the Pixar short films in one place - perfect for entertaining the children for short stretches of time instead of having to stop them mid film for a longer dvd!! It's interesting seeing how the technology and styles have changed over time, and as a family we've always liked these little sketches. If you like the Pixar short films, you'll appreciate this dvd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pixar Short Films, 25 Jan 2011
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Amazon for always providing such a prompt and easy-to-use service. I normally don't have time to rate and review each product that I receive, so I thought I'd take a moment to send a message of appreciation to Amazon. I'm a teacher who specialises in using film to develop literacy skills. When I'm planning my lessons, I quite often think of DVDs that I need for a lesson in 2 days time - all I need to do is order it from Amazon and I know that the DVD will be with me as soon as possible - usually the next day.

Pixar Shorts is a fantastic resource for schools - and at home! It's hardly been out of the DVD player since it arrived. You know you're watching the best in the business when it's got a Pixar logo on the front.

Thanks again for your hard work.
It's greatly appreciated.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pixar Shorts Vol 1, 17 Sep 2010
Paula SMITH (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a collection of the short animations that we all enjoyed before seeing main feature films at the cinema, and they really are excellent, belly laughs and absolute delight every time. Can't wait for Volume 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 25 May 2010
Mr. J. N. James (Liverpool UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent product. A great way to view the Pixar history of short films. Excellent price!

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›