5.0 out of 5 stars What a great film

Published 26 days ago by DAVID DIXON

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great film, 9 Jan 2004
Mr. Aj Cran "alexcran" (ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stripes [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I'd been meaning to check this one out for a while after a recommendation from a friend in the states. I eventually saw it on TV last night and have spent today trying to get hold of it, hence the reason for being on this website....Well what can I say, its got Bill Murray (at the peak of his comedy powers) as a loser who realises his everyday life sucks and decides to enrole in with the army, with his buddy Ramis. The film also features John Candy, who's gotta be one of the best comedy actors of that generation as another recruit...anyway I could go on. I recommend anyone to see it, there will be people who take themselves too seriously who think this film is a bit childish etc, but those people aside for everyone else.....WATCH IT!

4.0 out of 5 stars A very funny movie!, 2 Feb 2004
Kurt A. Johnson (Marseilles, IL USA) - See all my reviews
When John Winger (played by Bill Murray) finds his life sliding away from him, a television commercial shows him an organization that can help him turn his life around, the United States Army! Dragging his friend Russell Ziskey (Harold Ramis), he joins up, and runs into a stone wall in the shape of Drill-Sergeant Hulka (Warren Oates). Together with the other misfits in his outfit (John Candy, Judge Reinhold, John Diehl, and others), Winger games the system and turns the US Army every which way but loose! [Color, released in 1981, with a running time of 1 hour, 41 minutes.]
This is a very funny movie! Unfortunately, it is rated R, and is NOT for younger viewers. The violence is pretty tame, and there are a few swear words used, but the main problem is that there are several nude scenes. So, if you buy this, you will need to watch it when the kids aren't around, just like me. But, it is a hilarious movie, and one that you will enjoy watching over and over again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Murray at his lazy best, 13 Jun 2009
Mark Pallett "Dead Jester" (Dead Jester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stripes [DVD] (DVD)
For me this is a film I grew up with, I must of watched it dozens of times when I was younger! I had'nt seen it in a while though so decided to buy it and watch it again hoping that it had not lost any of its charm! It didnt disapoint! Maybe its only cause Im such a huge Murray fan but he never fails to make me crack a smile when he introduces himself and says "Chicks dig me cause I rarely wear underwear and when I do its normally something un-usual!" Its light-hearted and in no way takes itself seriously (which is a very good thing for a film abiout the US army...) and flows along nicely. Definitely a good choice for those lookin for a hour and a half of easy entertainment! (also check a few "boob" shots for those who would be interested in that sort of thing...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Stripes [DVD] (DVD)
I don't want to write a review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, Funny, Funny, 9 July 2014
JMC663 (Huddersfield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stripes [DVD] (DVD)
"Why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side" My favourite part of this film. This made me almost join the Army.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
very good thanks

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 29 Jun 2014
it was ok

4.0 out of 5 stars RIP Harold Ramis, 15 April 2014
I mainly purchased this film due to the passing away of Harold Ramis and I am glad that I did. It had been many years since I last watched this film and the jokes/performance from Bill Murray/Harold Ramis and the supporting cast was perfect. It was also good to see the deleted scenes, one of which made alot of sense to a certain scene when added. Worth the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant buy, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: Stripes [DVD] (DVD)
love the film great value will be buying more received in good condition and i would reccomend it to any one who likes comedy and action films

4.0 out of 5 stars stripes, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Stripes [DVD] (DVD)
purchased DVD as saw this film years ago on TV, a good buy, am a great fan of Bill Murray

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Stripes [DVD]
Stripes [DVD] by William Lucking (DVD - 2007)
Used & New from: 2.15