5.0 out of 5 stars Best pocket Scrabble ever?
Firstly , I have to say that I have bought quite a few incarnations of this game, to run on various computers, going back to the days of the Sinclair Spectrum, and I reckon Ubisoft have done a sterling job.

INTERFACE
The main problem is really the size of the screen on the DS. In their wisdom, the makers have decided to make the board a little larger than...
Published on 30 Sep 2007 by John Tree

2.0 out of 5 stars 'Fatal Flaw At World Championship Level Spoils The Fun'
I was really enjoying playing this game and looking forward to getting past the many weak computer opponents to get to take on the 'big boys' at world championship level. However, when I got there (losing only two games to one opponent on the way) I found that all of the games at world championship level are timed. This would not be such a bad idea for a different...
Published on 8 Sep 2008 by Antony May

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Game, 18 Oct 2007
This review is from: Scrabble 2007 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Ubisoft has out done thiemselves this time.. What a great game.. My DS is hardly ever out of my hands these days for the wonderful game of Scrabble.. A must for word game lovers..

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun, 19 Jan 2008
This review is from: Scrabble 2007 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
plenty of chances to win, not like computer scrabble. you work up to a variety of opponents with different skills, makes a game much more interesting or you can have 2 or 3 'people' in the game if you dont have much time. granny got hooked at xmas couldn't get any sense out of her!!! There are other word games to play which again generate points towards even more content. Excellent for word skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a real challenge..., 25 Aug 2008
Pendleton Girl (Buckfastleigh, Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scrabble 2007 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I have owned this game for a few months now, but still love it as much as I did the first day I bought it. It has its flaws but you can still find it a rewarding experience, for example I thought I would find being unable to see the whole screen at once a bit of a downer, but I hardly notice it I am too preoccupied trying to beat my nemesis - Camilla. I have only managed to beat Camilla twice in several months of trying (the second time was today, the first time about seven weeks ago) and I play on average two or three times a day, which means the game is still an exciting challenge and there is still one better player to go after her, I don't think I will ever get tired of this game! This game is a fun challenge regardless of your skill level due to the various levels (characters) involved.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it could have been, 20 Nov 2007
Straightforward (Twickenham) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
1. No high score table - a major omission
2. It's not possible to play against a fellow human using just the one console

It's still Scrabble, and well executed. But these two flaws spoil what could have been a great game; any scrabble enthusiast will have mixed feelings about the package.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun game, 28 May 2008
This review is from: Scrabble 2007 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I'm a great fan of Scrabble and am enjoying this version; however I do agree that having to play the mini games to add more characters is irritating and some of the words are so strange that I've wondered if my DS has gone wrong!

4.0 out of 5 stars Trying to learn..., 21 Jan 2008
This review is from: Scrabble 2007 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This came free with my new "toy" and I have to say that I really like it! There is plenty to try and learn and there seems to be lots to open. So far we have won a couple of games now...

However, some of the words that it comes out with are really naff! I mean how many 2 letter words can you use. This also makes it difficult to play against.

Overall though I good game that a ocuple of you can play quite happily - well it keeps him quiet!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok - but some dodgy definitions, 10 May 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Scrabble 2007 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This game is easy to use and is good fun, overall good value. I would say however that some of the 'words' the ds plays do not exist, as the computer obviously adds the wrong suffixes to acceptable words, which renders them meaningless, and in fact wrong! I have checked a few of these and they do not appear in the official scrabble dictionary.

So that's the only annoying thing about the game, but it's a pretty big minus.

4.0 out of 5 stars Scrabble Nintento DS, 12 Oct 2008
S. Gilman "Madchester 4" (Spilsby, Lincolnshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scrabble 2007 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This is the best game that I have bought so far for the DS, it kept me going during a nine hour flight to America. It is challenging as you play a different level of player as you improve which makes you work harder. There is also an anagram game and a game where letters escalade into making words. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys the conventional game of Scrabble.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic game that is addictive, 13 Oct 2007
Ms. A. Ramsdale "pink welly" (south yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scrabble 2007 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I received my scrabble game a few days ago and my ds has been in much use ever since, i love the graphics and its so much faster than the game i had on my laptop.The 3 extra games are all addictive also, i would highly recommend this to everyone. You can have 2 profiles which suits me as my mum also plays and we can have our own seperate results and can each save a game onto our profile.

3.0 out of 5 stars All Scrabbled Out, 1 May 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Scrabble 2007 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Scrabble, a super game in real life played against a real person.
This is one of those very annoying ones where the computer invents words and doesn't count words it doesn't like.
It's written for an American English gamer and I speak regular English seeing as I live in the United Kingdom.
I'm sure this is great for kids, but as a grown up who enjoys the real thing, forget it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

Scrabble 2007 (Nintendo DS)
Scrabble 2007 (Nintendo DS) by Ubisoft (Nintendo DS)