4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely toy
The telltale theatre and shop is a lovely toy. It is easy to put together, yet sturdy enough. My children (7 and 4) enjoy playing with it a lot - with puppets, or as a shop. It is also nice to show the grandparents who bought it for them. It is bright and colourful and well made.
Published on 2 Feb 2009 by Kate

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing buy
Published 17 months ago by Ms H C H

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely toy, 2 Feb 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Puppet Theatre, 11 Feb 2009
Martin Barnsley (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tellatale Hand Puppet Theatre and Shop (Toy)
Really good bit of kit - well constructed and good value for money. Bought for our 4 year old granddaughter for Xmas and she took to it immediately. Even better that it doubles up as a shop.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing buy, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Tellatale Hand Puppet Theatre and Shop (Toy)
I read many other reviews before buying this product, and had high hopes of it being a toy that would last my three year old for many years and provide many fun and creative moments. I found the structure flimsy and it fell over anytime anyone walked near it. I bought it as a main birthday present and sought to have it replaced following it becoming damaged within a few months. On the second occasion they sent me a box with two left feet in it so I sought a refund. Poor quality item for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Toy, 19 Oct 2010
This review is from: Tellatale Hand Puppet Theatre and Shop (Toy)
I felt confident in ordering this toy for my grandchildren aged 2, 3 and 4 because the reviews I had read were very good and I felt that it would have good play value. I didn't expect the fabric used in the toy to be such good quality and so well made so I was very pleasantly surprised. Lovely silky theatre hangings and a srong looking cotton twill for the shop. I usually leave the assembly of toys to my husband, but I couldn't wait to put the theatre together. Assembly time was 20 minutes and will be much quicker next time now I have the hang of it. It was very easy to assemble - no screws or complicated instructions. I like the fact that this toy can be used on a table top without the bottom half, or free standing. It can be taken apart and stored in the compact and fairly strong cardboard box with carry handle when its not being used. It arrived within 4 days and cost 12 less than the same one in my local toy shop. This is one of the nicest toys I have ever bought, I definitely recommend it

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 15 May 2011
Jacqueline Peace (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tellatale Hand Puppet Theatre and Shop (Toy)
After reading all of the positive reviews about this puppet theatre and shop and doing research into others, I chose this product. It looks great but it has sadly been nothing but a disappointment since we tried to use it. From our experience, it is not robust or durable or sturdy. It falls apart when you simply try to move it a couple of inches. It can't be lifted up and placed somewhere else as the parts do not fit tightly in place. The sides are forever coming out of the base. The curtain rods are forever falling out of the sides and so on! The last straw was as we were trying to set it up again for playing with this morning, we noticed that the curtain fabric has been poorly stitched and is fraying, so it cannot be repaired. To be honest, it is a great looking toy and we had high hopes for some laughter as my daughter "performed". Instead, it's me performing badly everytime she wants to play with it because of my frustrations about it constantly falling apart. We could glue the dowling pieces or screw the pieces into place but this defeats the purpose of the dual shop/theatre functionality. Furthermore, it means that it can't be stored for use at a later date or packed up conveniently. Sadly wouldn't recommend. Better off sticking a piece of fabric across a door frame!

5.0 out of 5 stars tellatale theatre and shop, 20 Feb 2011
This review is from: Tellatale Hand Puppet Theatre and Shop (Toy)
This theatre is great fun our grand-daughters just love it and write stories before hand and give us a show.
Very easy to assemble just slots into place. However, instructions not brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars TELLTALE THEATRE AND SHOP, 28 Dec 2009
Martin Arnold - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tellatale Hand Puppet Theatre and Shop (Toy)
Bought as a present for my 5 year old daughter. She opened it on Christmas Day and was keen to set it up straight away.

Easy to assemble, well made and robust.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: Tellatale Hand Puppet Theatre and Shop (Toy)
I bought this for my children 5 and 1 for Xmas. It is really lovely but what a pain to move everything falls apart. I'd recommend gluing the joints in. We managed to pick u a huge bag of old puppets from someone the kids love putting on silly shows

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 24 Jan 2010
JE Harvey - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tellatale Hand Puppet Theatre and Shop (Toy)
I was very pleased with the way the product was so quickly despatched just before Christmas to arrive safely before "the day" to avoid any disappointment.My grandchildren were very pleased and it has already created a lot of enjoyable and creative play that will hopefully continue as they grow and develop for many years.

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY dissapointing, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Tellatale Hand Puppet Theatre and Shop (Toy)
We got this for my daughter's 4th birthday and were very happy for the first week.. It just falls apart whenever you move it or touch it!! Would not recommend. I through mine away today! very upset..

Tellatale Hand Puppet Theatre and Shop