5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game!
Okay so the game is aimed at younger people than me, but I do like the odd game or so. So, where do we begin.

To start with, yay! A game just focused on one equestrian sport.

Published on 21 Dec. 2007 by Em May

3.0 out of 5 stars Is this really a good game on the pc???
Published on 12 Sept. 2009 by livewire92

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game!, 21 Dec. 2007
This review is from: My Horse and Me (PC DVD) (Video Game)

To start with, yay! A game just focused on one equestrian sport.

You get a good selection of horse colours, different clothes and can change some of your horses tack (and groom to a fashion, however it's far more "realistic" than a lot of games. Personally, I'm not that fussed about the fancy tack)

There's different games of varying difficulty, they are fun to play - most aimed at a much younger audience however they're not a bore.

My first surprise was that you don't control the horses jumping. Instead, your spacebar controls "sprints" where you can go for a more extended canter on straights. As a big fan of Equestriad 2001 when I was a teen, I miss being able to control the jump and having the option to control that would have been a big plus, so for me this was a let down.

The competing is fun and not too easy with excellent graphics. The horse changes lead of canter (However when the horse is on the left rein, it is cantering on the right lead, same for the right rein too) and if a jump is taken at a slight angle or too slow, the rider will get bounced out of the saddle (as you would if your horse cat-leaped or left you behind) which I find adds a lot of realism. The horse bends in gait, and the rider even rises to the trot. To me this shows the creators actually listened to horse people and did their research.

You work through several levels, having to get atleast 7 silver trophies to move to the next level, at the same time you earn the prizes of more clothing and new courses ect.

It's a must for a Show Jumping enthusiast or any young horse girl.

If you want to try out the game, download the demo at the game's website, to see what you will definitley be buying!
The game does not freeze or lock up, or start jumping when other programs are running either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Game!, 18 Jan. 2008
This review is from: My Horse and Me (PC DVD) (Video Game)
(Written by my daughter who plays the game)
This is a really excellent game. I like the fact theres more to it than just the competitions, theres the minigames too. Also one of the good factors is that at any point you can edit your character and horse - and, unlike many games your horse doesn't HAVE to be clean for you to ride it! You can also go back to any competition you like, whenever you like. The graphics are the best I've seen on a computer and the animation of the horse moving and jumping is very realistic - also the rider as well! Theres plenty of competitions, it certainly isn't a game you can complete in one day!

Only a couple of bad/annoying factors - I felt it takes a little while to load (every competition you have to wait for it to load) and after a while you don't really feel like waiting anymore. Another is it works with Vista but no icon appears on the desktop you have to click "ThePonyGame" in the files to access it. I'm not sure if there is any way to fix that yet.

Overall, a good, impressive game. I recomend it to all horse and pony lovers!

4.0 out of 5 stars FANTABULOUS!!!, 1 Jan. 2009
This review is from: My Horse and Me (PC DVD) (Video Game)
This has to be the best horsey game ever!! It has amazing graphics and background music. You can even hear the leather of the saddle squeak as you canter. The mini games are really fun too I also find. The reason though that I am giving it only 4 stars is because there is no story line and you can only do show-jumping which I found a bit boring after a while. That aside I would most definately recommend to anybody who has a fondness for horses!

(Review by a 14 year old girl)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, 30 Dec. 2007
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: My Horse and Me (PC DVD) (Video Game)
I think that this game is quite good, it really concentrates on the riding aspect of horsemanship espically the jumping. So if you really like that type of thing you will love this game.

You could groom your horse but it wasnt mandatory i completed the game and only groomed my horse once because i was just keen to go to the next level.

The graphics were good the horse moved well and the sound wasnt just repeated neighs and so on, but the graphics did go a bit weird on me sometimes which made it difficult to see where i was going, i think it would be better on the d.s version.

Overall a good fun game but i still prefer the pippa funnell games which are much more of an adventure and a story, and this one isnt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Showjumping, 15 Jan. 2008
This review is from: My Horse and Me (PC DVD) (Video Game)
All you can do is showjumping and grooming your horse but its still really fun, the courses are all different and they get harder as you go along, you can unlock nice stuff for you and your horse, you can choose the colour of your horse and the mane and character for you theres loads to choose from.
The Mini games are so fun aswell Piggy Bank is the best.
Amazing graphics, great game.

5.0 out of 5 stars my horse & me. pc, 22 Feb. 2008
This review is from: My Horse and Me (PC DVD) (Video Game)
this version is amazing, i am a horse owner and after buying this game on ds and being very dissapointed! i then had my computer updated for this game hoping it would be better, i was very pleased it looks so realistic you can change you and your horse as and when you please ride comps and mini games, groom your horse, and you also unlock outfits for both you and horse throughout the game, i have been to the world championship and won!
the games are quite good challanges, the jumps get higher as you go up in rank. you can also watch your replay of your jumping round
excellent *****
great game well recommended

3.0 out of 5 stars Is this really a good game on the pc???, 12 Sept. 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: My Horse and Me (PC DVD) (Video Game)
The pc version of MY horse and me is good but it's only based on showjumping which does get boring after a while, there are mini-games you can play on it but other than that there reslly isn't much else you can do besides showjumping, horse care and mini-games.The graphics are good but this game could definatly do with some improvements even though there is a My and an me 2 but whats the difference between them if anybody has the second game please tell me the difference!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not palyable on windows 7, 31 May 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: My Horse and Me (PC DVD) (Video Game)
Unfortunately this game proved to be unplayable on my pc, despite it being new, with an excellent graphics card, and Windows 7 installed. Atari gave me very complicated advice, the final part of which did not apply to this game. The end result is we can't use it, so, although it may be wonderful, for us it is a complete dud. Clearly it has worked for others, but I think it's bad Atari put out something that is not compatible with an up to date windows system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Great! Graphics are phenominal!, 6 Jan. 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: My Horse and Me (PC DVD) (Video Game)
I adore this game, and I have completed it and started afresh several times. The graphics are simply marvelous and the rider even rises in trot, as apposed to bobbling around like most games. I like the fact you can control the exact speed - There are just 4 different speeds. The jumping experiance is great and I love the replay feature!

I am a very critical 12-year-old girl and as a horse owner myself, I think this game is fabulous!

=)

3.0 out of 5 stars Huge let down, 30 Dec. 2008
showjumper (Cornwall, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: My Horse and Me (PC DVD) (Video Game)
Unfortunately this game did not work on 5 of my computers (including several household XPs and a brand new Vista laptop). I believe this was down to the disk and so have given it 3stars.

It looks like fun and I only wish I could have experienced that for myself

My Horse and Me (PC DVD)
My Horse and Me (PC DVD) by Namco Bandai (Windows XP)
Used & New from: £4.00