on 25 March 2009
I have relaxed hair and it was dry and brittle with slightly damaged ends and had tried everything to keep it hydrated and supple but nothing worked. This has transformed my hair beyond belief. It is now glossy, shiny and super soft and it actually feels strong and I really noticed a difference to my hair's texture even after the first use. For best results, leave on for 10-15 mins and use a heated hood / shower cap and hair dryer as the hair will absorb the product better. I am now using the K-Pak shampoo, conditioner and smoothing blow dry cream for the maximum effect. Frizziness and fluffiness are gone and I cant stop running my fingers through my hair. I wont be using another treatment again as this is salon quality.
on 15 May 2012
I purchased this item several years ago and remember that it didn't do anything for my hair. Since then, my hair has been trough many more colour treatments and is much worse off. Fed up with my frazzled locks, I started doing research into treatments and kept coming across excellent reviews for this product.

At first, I just remembered my previous experience with it and ignored the positive reviews. Then, out of sheer desperation, I decided to give it another shot.

Well, all I can say is wow. Either I didn't use it correctly previously or I purchased a fake, because this time it worked a treat. My hair feels so soft and smooth right now, and actually not fluffy like it usually is after washing.

For those who are interested, this is how I used the product...

First I washed my hair (I used Matrix Colour Care Shampoo). I then used a wide tooth comb to separate and detangle prior to applying two 50 pence sized blobs of the Joico Reconstructor. I wrapped my hair in cling film and used a heated turban wrap for 30 minutes. I then rinsed the treatment out and applied the Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator 250ml. I left this on for a further 5 minutes while I showered.

This is definitely a permanent product in my cupboards from this point on.

UPDATE: Since I purchased this product, I have coloured my hair and used it a second time. I have to say, I am now a Joico convert. These products are amazing and I actually have shiny locks once more - no lie. I am so impressed with the results I have experienced, I have purchased the full range of products and bundled my cupboard full of potions into a charity bag. Joico is now my staple product. I finally like my hair again. Bring on the swoosh....
on 5 December 2014
Hi,I'm a hairdresser and l've been working with different brand,once l've tried joico product l couldn't believe it .my hair is thick and curly,out of control since using this product ,my hair is smoother easy to control very manageable ,give it shine when blowdrying it.with my new hair colour(bleach) l have to have this product,l use joico shampoo twise towel dry then use deep penetrating recon which is a proteine treatment leave it for around 10 min. l promise you you won't regret it and you will become addicted just like l am,best product ever :)
on 10 January 2014
Love this product. It is the best product Joico sell.I have used Joico products for the last 5 years and my hairbhas completely changed.It's like silk.
on 4 August 2015
I bought this product yesterday ... I have used moisture recovery joico products for a while and after heavily abusing my hair with bleach I thought I would try this. First impressions - it smells funny .. Almost like bananas .. Not sure if it is off or if it's a fake because joico products usually smell amazing ... A bit concerned to use it if I'm honest !
on 7 December 2013
I have half Indian /Afro hair which was badly over processed, just one treament made a difference to the feel of my hair, I used this injunction with hair conditioner over a period of weeks but not too often. Now I have my hair back no big hairdressing bills . I give four stars because I started vitamin supplements at the same time
on 10 November 2015
I have used this product before (from a local salon) and loved it.
However I am concerned I was sent a fake product.
This conditioner was very thin, and leaked out of my hands before I could get it on my hair!
Terrible quality and it did absolutely nothing for my hair.
I've requested a refund.
on 16 May 2016
The smell is very pungent and overpowering when you put it on, however it probably doesn't linger as strongly on your hair.
I have dry hair, and I really like the way it leaves my hair smooth yet manageable. This is my second time ordering this product, and I will go on using it.
on 16 April 2015
rubbish, didnt work, expensive and left my hair feeling like straw
on 29 November 2011
After a disastrous trip to the hairdressers to top up my highlights, the junior in the salon mixed double strength peroxide, which was then put onto my hair!
The result was hair which was burning and literally coming away in my hands. I couldn't even touch my hair for days because the damage was so bad it was just breaking off in massive clumps.

I ordered this product after seeing good reviews - fully expecting it not to have much effect on my seemingly unsaveable hair.

I put the product on, wrapped my head in cling film and a towel to add heat to the hair mask, and after 2 applications of this my hair was unbelievably much better!!

Admittedly I did leave the product on for hours rather than 5-10 mins, but I can honestly say that this product has saved my hair and I can't rate it highly enough!!

After less than a week of using this product religiously, no-one can even tell that my hair was in such dire condition. I recommend it wholeheartedly.

See one answered question