1,044 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toaster
We have been really pleased with this toaster so far. It does a great job toasting bread. We especially like the dual browning choice feature. The colour is great and looks great in our kitchen. Very pleased.
Published on 19 Aug. 2010 by Emma L. Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Tried & Tested
We have had this toaster for over 6 months now so I thought I would give it a quick review.
If you take a look at the other reviews posted you'll get a good idea of what divides opinion. If you're after a smart looking item to match other MR products or red items in your kitchen then this is for you.
Nice metallic red front with chunky silver dials & sliders,...
Published on 9 Jun. 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes great toast, 7 Sept. 2010
D. McAllister (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
Had this toaster about 3 weeks now and it makes great toast. Nice even toasting all over and nice crunchy toast.

The slots are deep and wide for longer or thicker bread.

The defrost button helps with thicker bread , seems to put the elements on at a lower heat until its thawed before toasting. Not sure about the reheat function doesn't seem to have much use.

Seems to take a little longer to toast than my old cheap 2 slots. Perhaps because of the wider slots but this seems to help with toasting process, rather than quickly browning the outside .

The picture does not do it justice , the colour is a nice deep red .

4.0 out of 5 stars Toasted, 24 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Morphy Richards Accents 44039 4 Slice Toaster - Chrome (Kitchen & Home)
Two separate toasters built into one
Good control over how toasted you want it - you can set each side to different setting
Looks good - Well made
Not five stars as large/tall sliced bread only just fits in it and sometimes needs prising out. An extra 5mm longer slot would have done it.
Used it every day for 2 months ........ no probs

4.0 out of 5 stars HOW TO GET GOOD TOAST!!!, 21 Mar. 2011
Mrs. Ann Mitchell (WEST YORKSHIRE) - See all my reviews
Having tried quite a few multi-slice toasters over the years, I could not give any of them 100%. To me the problem most often encountered has been the difference in performance in the toasting elements, IE. some slices burning,while at the same time others not being toasted enough.
The Morphy Richards 44732- 4 slice toaster has so far given far better results than any other toaster I have used regarding toast/colour uniformity.
The machine is easy to use allowing 2 slices to be well done, and 2 slices only just showing slight colour, (the way my wife prefers her toast).
The only slight let down is the time taken to get well browned toast, I would guess 30% longer that my previous toaster, although the downside of that toaster was poor colour control.
Therefore I can say that I am very happy with my new toaster, and would suggest to all that you give this model a try, (if having to wait a little longer for your morning toast is not to much of a problem).

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but takes too long to toast!, 17 April 2012
Bought this toaster after my old one broke. It is a nice looking toaster and goes well with my kettle etc. However it takes far too long to toast. My husband finds this extremely irritating as our previous toaster was super fast and the toast was just as good, if not better. Does the job but wouldn't by again!

1.0 out of 5 stars worst toaster ever, 28 Dec. 2011
S. Reid "veronica" (tyne and wear) - See all my reviews
bought this toaster to match kitchen,worst toaster i have had,contacted amazon who were fab and sent a replacemebnt next day,and arranged collection of first one,.the second toaster was just as bad,over five minutes on number 9 to get a half decent piece of toast,contacted morphy richards who said it should take 150 secs to make toast and if i'm not happy go back to amazon,contacted amazon who sorted it straight away and refunded me,0 marks morphy richards top marks amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks can be deceiving, 19 Oct. 2011
Nice looking toaster. So they've got that right, but that's all! I have been in touch with Morphy Richards, because it takes over 4 minutes to make a brown toast - not exactly suited to a busy lifestyle. and they gave me a test to do:-

"To check if the toaster is actually faulty we would advise to
Wait until the toaster has cooled down, put the toaster to the minimum setting, press down the level (with no bread), to start the toasting cycle.
Time how long it takes to pop up - this should take approx between 50 to 150 seconds. If it has popped up within this timescale the toaster is working to specification."

Well the toaster does just creep into this spec., so it looks like I'm stuck with it. The reality however is when really put to a proper test, actually making toast, it fails to deliver. I've now gone back to my Lidl £7.99 model and that is far better. We bought it as a matching pair with the kettle to suit our kitchen. What a waste of money. It's the last MR product I'll ever buy. It's a shame that zero stars isn't an option

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 12 Nov. 2010
alan hares (Bristol uk) - See all my reviews
Looks very stylish. It takes thick break and buns etc., easily. Only slight criticism is that it is marginally slower than some, but certainly should not be a deterent. Would certainly recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Slow, and dangerous, 23 Mar. 2013
S GERETY "Amazone" (uk) - See all my reviews
Having seen the shiny new toaster we were very pleased.
However beware that the wattage is quite low on this toaster.
It toasts so slowly that you will miss the bus!
More seriously, the bread tends to dry out a lot before the toasting is complete.
After a month of regular use, one side refused to stay down during toasting. Then blue sparks appeared in the mechanism. Then embers appeared and it started smouldering. Given the toaster is an item we use everyday over year, and they can last 10 years, it's probably worth spending a bit more to have something that won't be a fire hazard.
Amazon kindly processed the refund on the day of return. Thank you amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars yum yum toast !, 5 Aug. 2009
Sara Moss "sara jane" (welling, kent, england) - See all my reviews
i like white appliances in the kitchen as they look clean and smart, and this toaster is a traditional shape with a modern twist, crome and white. all the family love a slice of toast, at any time, this big 4 slice family size toaster is ideal. 2x 2 slices work independantly. i like the crumb tray for less mess ! has all the standard features you expect on a toaster, such as browning selector, and extras such as high lift function that enables you to lift the bread up and not burn your fingers, this is very practical ! extra wide slots for extra wide toast, yum yum ! this toaster cooks evenly and provides yummy toast every time !

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but rubbish at toasting!, 27 Oct. 2013
It take so long to toast I've given up the will to live!! It does not toast the bread evenly either. You can have the setting on each side set the same and one side will burn and the will be just like warm bread, oh and one more thing the slots are too small if you have a large slice of bread it doesn't fit. Overall a naff buy. Avoid!!

Morphy Richards Accents 44039 4 Slice Toaster - Chrome