4.0 out of 5 stars Great toaster
We have been really pleased with this toaster so far. It does a great job toasting bread. We especially like the dual browning choice feature. The colour is great and looks great in our kitchen. Very pleased.
Published on 19 Aug 2010 by Emma L. Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Tried & Tested
We have had this toaster for over 6 months now so I thought I would give it a quick review.
If you take a look at the other reviews posted you'll get a good idea of what divides opinion. If you're after a smart looking item to match other MR products or red items in your kitchen then this is for you.
Nice metallic red front with chunky silver dials & sliders,...
Published on 9 Jun 2012 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 396 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 7 Jan 2011
Very disappointed with this toaster only received it a couple of days ago threw my old one out in the rubbish only to find that it actually was working better than this new one. This is the first thing I have bought from Amazon that I have not been happy with and I put all the packaging in the bin on the day it arrived due to it being collection day. I would not recommened this toaster to anyone. I have to put the toast in twice to get it to brown and then the toast is like a brick so really not happy with this at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 12 Nov 2010
alan hares (Bristol uk) - See all my reviews
Looks very stylish. It takes thick break and buns etc., easily. Only slight criticism is that it is marginally slower than some, but certainly should not be a deterent. Would certainly recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing - would not buy it again, 13 Dec 2012
C. Wu "ckmw" (Reading) - See all my reviews
This toaster looks nice, but I think it's too low a wattage. This means that it takes time to toast and that means it dries out. Fine if you like cardboard

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but takes too long to toast!, 17 April 2012
Bought this toaster after my old one broke. It is a nice looking toaster and goes well with my kettle etc. However it takes far too long to toast. My husband finds this extremely irritating as our previous toaster was super fast and the toast was just as good, if not better. Does the job but wouldn't by again!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 1 Jun 2011
It's true, you buy cheap; you get cheap!!!!!
This is the worst 'toaster' I have used; it doesn't so much 'toast' bread as 'desiccates' it. It comes out brittle & dry regardless of setting - I tried it right up to highest setting and also tried pre-heating prior to putting the bread in.
Don't waste your money on this one, I wish I hadn't!!!!
Morphy Richards 44732 4 Slice Accents Toaster - Red

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 25 April 2011
This review is from: Morphy Richards Accents 44039 4 Slice Toaster - Chrome (Kitchen & Home)
Morphy Richards Accents 4 Slice Toaster 44039 ChromeThis toaster looks smart and does everything you could want but it takes so long! At least 5 mins for the four pieces. The toast comes out dry and crisp all through not just toasted on the outside which I prefer. So I suppose it is down to which you prefer and if you have the time, on busy mornings, to wait for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Toasted, 24 Feb 2011
Two separate toasters built into one
Good control over how toasted you want it - you can set each side to different setting
Looks good - Well made
Not five stars as large/tall sliced bread only just fits in it and sometimes needs prising out. An extra 5mm longer slot would have done it.
Used it every day for 2 months ........ no probs

1.0 out of 5 stars worst toaster ever, 28 Dec 2011
S. Reid "veronica" (tyne and wear) - See all my reviews
bought this toaster to match kitchen,worst toaster i have had,contacted amazon who were fab and sent a replacemebnt next day,and arranged collection of first one,.the second toaster was just as bad,over five minutes on number 9 to get a half decent piece of toast,contacted morphy richards who said it should take 150 secs to make toast and if i'm not happy go back to amazon,contacted amazon who sorted it straight away and refunded me,0 marks morphy richards top marks amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Slow, and dangerous, 23 Mar 2013
S GERETY "Amazone" (uk) - See all my reviews
Having seen the shiny new toaster we were very pleased.
However beware that the wattage is quite low on this toaster.
It toasts so slowly that you will miss the bus!
More seriously, the bread tends to dry out a lot before the toasting is complete.
After a month of regular use, one side refused to stay down during toasting. Then blue sparks appeared in the mechanism. Then embers appeared and it started smouldering. Given the toaster is an item we use everyday over year, and they can last 10 years, it's probably worth spending a bit more to have something that won't be a fire hazard.
Amazon kindly processed the refund on the day of return. Thank you amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks can be deceiving, 19 Oct 2011
Nice looking toaster. So they've got that right, but that's all! I have been in touch with Morphy Richards, because it takes over 4 minutes to make a brown toast - not exactly suited to a busy lifestyle. and they gave me a test to do:-

"To check if the toaster is actually faulty we would advise to
Wait until the toaster has cooled down, put the toaster to the minimum setting, press down the level (with no bread), to start the toasting cycle.
Time how long it takes to pop up - this should take approx between 50 to 150 seconds. If it has popped up within this timescale the toaster is working to specification."

Well the toaster does just creep into this spec., so it looks like I'm stuck with it. The reality however is when really put to a proper test, actually making toast, it fails to deliver. I've now gone back to my Lidl £7.99 model and that is far better. We bought it as a matching pair with the kettle to suit our kitchen. What a waste of money. It's the last MR product I'll ever buy. It's a shame that zero stars isn't an option

‹ Previous | 1 2 396 | Next ›