4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic Fun For All Ages
Published on 26 Nov 2007 by C. Green

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a great game, but...
Lego, and Star Wars; what a fantastic idea! As a game? Well, actually yeah, that really rather works. As an easy, pick-up-and-play game, 'LEGO Star Wars: the Complete Saga' is a great addition to any young Jedi's library of entertainment.

Published on 14 July 2008 by Dan Morgan-kane

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic Fun For All Ages, 26 Nov 2007
C. Green "happily low brow" (Quenington, Glos, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii) (Video Game)
Lego Star Wars is never going to win awards for complexity or for being particularly challenging. You can't 'die' (although characters can be reduced to their constituent bricks they reappear shortly afterwards), the puzzles encountered aren't massively complex and the graphics, based as they are around Lego, are suitably 'blocky'. In other words hard core gamers aren't going to rush out and buy this for its stunning visuals or amazing gameplay.

Despite this however, The Complete Saga deserves its stars purely for being exactly what it is intended to be; a fun game that is true to the two things that spawned it, Star Wars & Lego. With controls that are easy to master (and allow for easy two player action), expansive levels that recreate (in Lego of course) all the worlds encountered in the six Star Wars movies to explore and a sly sense of humour, like both the films and the bricks this is fun for all the family. Add in the opportunity to control the likes of Obi Wan Kenobi, Boba Fett, Han Solo and all the other iconic characters from the films, all set to John Williams' classic score, and you have close to the perfect game for children and nostalgic adults everywhere.

There are minor niggles of course, including the fact that there is no manual save option available (you have to wait for the autosave to kick in), which can be frustrating when gameplay has to be interrupted, and some of the levels are so simple they would barely challenge five year old, but they're barely worth mentioning here.

The only real disappointment is how little use the game makes of the Wiimote interface. Shaking the Wiimote will result in some lightsabre swinging, but its very imprecise and is about the extent of the use that the game makes of the Wii's unique controller. Infact the game requires the use of the Nunchuk in addition to the Wiimote, and the controls are pretty traditional in most respects. This is a shame, but almost certainly the result of the fact that the game has been developed for multiple platforms and not exclusively for the Wii.

Get past that disappointment however, and this is still a great game. Yes, it breaks no new ground, but its fun and pushes emotional buttons in ways that are hard to resist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its Lego Baby!, 13 Mar 2008
Mr. R. Hamper "Duke Dudeston" (Surrey) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii) (Video Game)
I bought this game for the Wii, although I do own both LSW and LSWII for the GameCube, and as everyone knows I could just play them back on my Wii.

However I just couldn't resist!
If your thinking you get to use your Wii remote like a lightsaber, think again, yes ok, some gestures will allow you to strike the enemies and stuff, but it isn't true "lightsaber"

That aside, the Wii controls are quite limited, I find myself using it like a normal controller now and then, although waggling the controllers while building / using the force helps speed that up.

So how does this compare to the originals?
Well I have to say thinking "oh I know where all the secrets are and all the Mini-Kits" I thought I would be able to complete the game in no time. (although it took me and a friend 3 hours to complete LSW's originally)
BUT I was wrong, nothing was in the right place, there are new parts to old levels, and parts have been changed, I had to forget where all the secrets where, which is a good thing!

New levels, and a huge character selection is always great, they have got the best of both games and slapped it into one!
The Wii graphics are an improvement, but hey its lego? how good does it have to be?
The comedy is all there, and although most people would think it takes the mick, it actually follows the story of the movies very well!

The game features drop in / drop out play, which is always nice, as you don't have to pause the game or start the level again if your friend / brother / sister / aunt / mum / dad or pet cat, needs to leave the room, or leave altogether!

Whats even better is the game supports HDTV's (with the use of the Component cable of course) My LSW games for the Cube had a weird time through the component cable, so it is nice to play it crystal clear, the way games are meant to be played!

Playing through the complete StarWars saga, as the emperor was a pleasure that I would never forget.

It is fun to play, single or multi-player, and is easy to pickup and play, no long boring tutorials that tell you every aspect of the game straight away that everyone knows you will forget after the first 10 minutes of playing.

Difficulty isn't too hard, as their are no lives, if your character dies (or explodes) you loose some "studs" (the credits in the game) and thats it.

Oh as I mentioned Studs, I think it is time to let you know, these "Studs" can be used to buy certain unlockable extras, like more characters to tips and cheats (you may have to find some special items in games (red/gold blocks) to unlock the cheats available to buy) And trust me, you will want to use the Invicibility cheat in freeplay if your trying for the "true jedi" (where you have to collect tonnes of studs filling up a meter) or even if you are trying to collect all the Mini-Kits.

In fact, I could possibly write a 500 page essay about all the neat features of Lego Star Wars, but I won't, unless you really want me too.

In short, the game has a LOAD and when I mean a LOAD I mean a L-O-A-D of replay value! and it is always fun playing with your friends, and even on your own!

A highly reccomended game for Fans of both Lego and StarWars. Although if you already have the two original games, and don't think it is worth getting this one, your probably right.
Me I loved the two original games, I spent a lot of hours playing both (completed LSW 100% - completed LSW 2 89%) and now I am playing the complete saga, and love it every bit of it! In fact I am thinking of turning in the two originals! as this game has it all!

Well Done Travellers Tales/Lucas Arts, for not just pumping out two for one game, but actually taking care in making it a great game, The game plays like there were no "Lego StarWars" or "Lego StarWars II" it plays like it is the first of its kind.

If you haven't got Lego StarWars because you think it is for kids, well think again! I would rather spend a few hours on LSW then on Final Fantasy, and that is saying something, I love Final Fantasy!

Oh. PS. on a side note, turn up the Wii Remote volume for some lightsaber "whaum" sounds! its those Gimmicky touches that just make you smile.

5.0 out of 5 stars the kids love this game, 15 Mar 2008
This review is from: Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii) (Video Game)
We bought the wii for our children for christmas, but they didn't really enjoy it as much as we expected until we bought them this game. They can't stop playing this, being big fans of lego and starwars this is perfect for them. They are 7 and 4, and all their friends in the street are addicted too.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a great game, but..., 14 July 2008
Dan Morgan-kane (U.K.) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii) (Video Game)

Now, I don't go around with a mind purposeful of party-pooping; but, for those of us a little more mature, I must raise a concern or two.

Firstly, doesn't anyone else see, that releasing two games, and then releasing them again together, as a bit cheeky? I mean, I like to make money as much as the next guy, but why didn't you just bang all six into the first game? It doesn't even really seem to offer much in the way of newness either. Obviously, there's the combined movies in one game, and the functionality of the Wii-mote, but if you've just finished the two older games on another console, you're not going to miss out on much.

Also, I felt that this game was a little slack in some areas. For example, the Wii-mote was not terribly responsive to my commands, and indeed, I found it somewhat tiresome to be constantly swinging my arms around, and eventually just ended up using the directional pad, which, I thought, almost nullified the whole point of playing it on the Wii (though this could relate more to the Wii on the whole, rather than just this game). The game itself, whilst being what it is, still feels quite, well, mindless.

Now, I do understand the whole point of this game, but it still left me feeling, like I was just doing the same thing all of the time; that was a little boring.

On the whole, however, I don't want to disillusion you by saying this game is bad; it isn't. Taking a step back, 'LEGO Star Wars' is a humorous, nostalgic and amusing game, and not a bad way to invest in ~30; in fact, if you've just picked up a Wii for your little Anakin Skywalker, or fancy waving your arms around, Skywalker style, then I really can't think of a better game to get started on. Just know that a lot of people like to get very excited about things, and that sometimes it's better to buy with open eyes, than with rose-tinted glasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego Star Wars: Complete Fun, 28 Oct 2009
This review is from: Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii) (Video Game)
This game is awesome. Having originally owned both Lego Star Wars on PS2 I was interested in what the Wii version would be like. What can I say? It's even better then anyone could imagine! The graphics are sharper and there is more colour and greater detail to the levels.
The levels themselves have been slightly altered and changed to offer more challenging fun to people of any age.
The number of characters is unbelievable and you can even create your own characters. The interactions between characters is fun e.g. starting a riot off in the cafe or outside of it.
There is so much to do and many challeneges to complete, gold studs to complete, mini-kits to find.
This game is simply awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game - especially for kids, 10 Mar 2009
Stephen Evans (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii) (Video Game)
Our boys are completely obsessed with this game - acting it out in real lego when they're not playing on it! Because you never really die there's a very low frustration factor, which is great for kids (and adults!). The game itself it good fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN NOT FRETTING - A GREAT FAMILY GAME, 12 April 2008
Ian G. Smith "Daddio" (Plymouth Devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii) (Video Game)
What a brilliant game. First of all if you enjoy being frustrated beaten and trying over and over to complete a game this is not for you. This graphically pleasing game is a fun romp through the whole starwars saga from start to finish. It is not easy but does not keep killing you off, your reward for doing well are more money, more comrades to play with and minikit vehicles. One of the best features is that players can drop in or out whenever you like so if your child is playing and needs help you can just drop in give them a hand and play a while then drop out again. You fisrt play through the actual stories themselves and on completion of each you can then explore the level in free play and use other characters to reach secret areas you missed during your story mode.
This is not a hardline gamers game however the sheer size of it the various changes in modes from characters to vehicles etc make it great fun indeed and the cut away film sequences are great to watch too you get one at the end of every level or section.
If you want fun without frowning and something that isn`t going to be over in a flash then this is it, GREAT FUN!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can I beat my nehew..., 3 Jan 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii) (Video Game)
Only just getting my first ever computer/game machine I am still learning but love my WII. This is the 2nd game I have bought for my 4 year old boy and myself. Taking some learning but the graphics are excellent. can be frustrating when we cant work out what to do next... enter the 6 year old nephew. taking me to new levels of play.(asking me to get him to the next bit which happens but dont ask me how) I would highly reccommend although I am definateley not an expert....

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 23 Dec 2007
J. S. Evans (Newport, Gwent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii) (Video Game)
Ever wondered what it would be like to play out all 6 star wars films then wonder no more. Choose any of the 6 star wars films from the start and plsy through the storyline of each, great graphics, loads of levels, loads of fun, my only little gripe is that you cant really die, when you do you just regenerate, however this is only a very small gripe as to what is a great game. Since i bought it i havent put it down, and i havent done that for a whilst with ANY game. Get it now and may the force be with you !

5.0 out of 5 stars No Star Wars fan should be without this!, 16 Dec 2010
This review is from: Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii) (Video Game)
I remember seeing the first 3 Star Wars films when they were first released and have always thought they were brilliant. My 6 year old grandson loves Lego so I thought this would be a great way to get him interested in Star Wars too. How right I was! The game has the story of three best films in one package and the gameplay in great. Both my grandson and I became addicted and we played it every time he visited. My grandson also had to get the game for his DS. I found myself playing the game long after he had gone home! There is a lot of humour in the game and some of the levels are quite tricky. Highly recommended for all ages! I should add that this led on to the purchase of the Batman and Indiana Jones Lego games which are just as good.

ARRAY(0xab8da180)

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii) by Activision (Nintendo Wii)
14.42