5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional Music
I had an earlier version on cassette tape & wanted a copy on CD so bought this one. I am a Volunteer in the local cinema & wanted to play these national songs to create the right atmosphere as patrons arrived to watch the film "Invictus". Beautiful music - did the job perfectly. Love these anthems.
Published on 22 May 2010 by Iris Mae

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL!
Published on 22 Oct 2007 by Original Bookworm

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL!, 22 Oct 2007
This review is from: World in Union 2007 20 Rugby Anthems (Audio CD)
I bought this to put away for Christmas for my 8 yr old son and couldn't resist listening to it myself. What a disappointment! Where are the stadium rousing rugby songs??? I can't see real rugby fans liking this, - I certainly don't - it has just been thrown together to capture the market of new world cup followers. If you want a decent rendition of Swing Low, Jerusalem & Mae hen wlad fy nhadau then get a copy of 'Dad's Anthems'. Calon Lan was passable. Eager to hear a welsh male choir and several thousand rugby fans sing Bread of Heaven,I picked that track, only to hear some terrible schreeching from a woman! Maybe I missed the Welsh match where they had women singing bread of heaven in such a high key???? Terrible! This CD seems to have the most dreadful backing music to most of the tracks too and quite frankly sounds more like the easy listening stuff you would find on an episode of Songs of praise. None of the tracks have the remotest hint of rugby about them! If you are a real Rugby fan then don't buy this! It's the sort of stuff my mother would appreciate! There are several other rugby anthem cd's out there, I shall be ordering one of those instead! - in case anyone thinks my review is because of my gender etc,it's not, I am female and English/Welsh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional Music, 22 May 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Jarre, 9 Dec 2007
This review is from: World in Union 2007 20 Rugby Anthems (Audio CD)
Never had as much trouble finding the music for when the players walked out at the 2007 Rugby World Cup!

But anyway, it's Industrial Revolution Part 2 by the City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. You can find it on "The Symphonic Jean-michel Jarre" on Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely disappointing, 25 Nov 2007
This review is from: World in Union 2007 20 Rugby Anthems (Audio CD)
In my ten years or so of purchasing items from Amazon I have, until now, never felt the urge to use my precious time to write a negative review. This despite having purchased a variet of "lemons" from time to time - duly dispatched back and refunded.

I was looking for nape of the neck hair -raising passion. Like when I heard English fans at Twickenham singing 'God Save the Queen' prior to playing a team I supported. As an Englishman I would describe this as flat and boring, even if they do have beautiful voices!. Being from the colonies my adjective is not printable. Donate the money you save to your local community rugby club

David Riddell
Perth WA

PS Perhaps my bias is because I thought this would be as good (or even half as good) as the stirring 1995 rendition which does not seem to be available anywhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars What were they thinking???, 29 Oct 2007
McStick (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: World in Union 2007 20 Rugby Anthems (Audio CD)
I bought this expecting it to be a great listen, however I was to be dissapointed. The sound quality is nothing special and many of the artists aren't great either. It certainly doesn't get you excited, that's for sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars World in Union, 2 Oct 2007
Mrs. Norma J. Huxter (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World in Union 2007 20 Rugby Anthems (Audio CD)
This is a terrific CD and I'm sure I'm going to enjoy hearing it over and over again.
It's a pity that the complete list of artists who contributed are not included. I'm sure I spotted RyanDan in the clip - but no mention of them. I think everyone should be included in the credits and I'm sure that others would agree.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good customer service, 19 Jun 2011
Mrs. A. Watson (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World in Union 2007 20 Rugby Anthems (Audio CD)
the cd I was sent was faulty and the company refunded my money after my first enquiry.
Thank you very much, this was certainly five star service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 11 Sep 2007
E05297535 (Birmingham, England UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World in Union 2007 20 Rugby Anthems (Audio CD)
Loving the 1st track....Both song and video brings about a great gathering of classical 'stars' who makes this anthem well worth listening too!! Loving the fact that Jonathan Ansell (of G4 fame)is a part of this, his voice alone is so divine!! This album should be an success in it's own right, even AFTER the Rugby World Cup is over!!

5.0 out of 5 stars one word only.....FANTASTIC!, 10 Sep 2007
This review is from: World in Union 2007 20 Rugby Anthems (Audio CD)
It was absolutely fantastic, From the moment i put the CD into my computer and began to listen to the moment i took my CD out! I didn't even skip the tracks (because thats what i usually do on a rubbish CD!). I was captivated by the fantastic singing of all the stars (including Lesley Garrett & Katherine Jenkins who's music i absolutely love! on Track 1 of the CD, World In Union! Also, the other tracks on the CD are also just as good including Jerusalem, Pokarekare Ana (sang by Hayley Westenra). If i was to buy any CD in the whole wide world, i'd buy this one! so i urge you to do the same, buy this CD and be just as captivated by the artists singing as i was!

5.0 out of 5 stars Help finding a song!!!, 23 Sep 2007
Mr. D. Robb "dava" (Oxford) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World in Union 2007 20 Rugby Anthems (Audio CD)
ok people, some of you may have heard the song that is played as the players are walking out of the tunnel in each of the RWC'07 games. What is it?? its not world in union, sounds like some instrumental from a film soundtrack.

World in Union 2007 20 Rugby Anthems
World in Union 2007 20 Rugby Anthems by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2007)