1,378 Reviews
 (1,009)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable
Very comfortable and came without a problem. As I discovered after research, "N" is for narrow and "M" is medium/normal - which worked well for me.
Published on 2 Jun. 2011 by NS

1.0 out of 5 stars Fed up
Bought 36 normal width my usual size.. Huge. Free returns at PO, exchanged for 35. Better fit lengthwise but very wide, particularly at the front. Couldn't be bothered to continue so returned and it. had to go with Yodel and told I must pay returns as it wasn't their fault.
Published 19 months ago by susan alderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, 2 Jun. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars best sandals in the world, 10 Nov. 2010
I wear these sandals every day of the year. My last pair lasted 3 years. Glad to see there have been no changes to this product in that time as there is nothing left to perfect. Despite having no backs... this sandal stays well placed even if you need to run. After about 2 years the bottom rubber starts to separate from the cork...but it takes another year of battering before a new pair finally has to be purchased. The sandal will feel a bit 'hard' when you first use them...as they cork molds to your foot...so give it about 2 weeks to wear in. The longer you wear them...the more comfortable they become.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely footwear., 8 Dec. 2009
Great sandals. The best you can buy. Tip: Buy size smaller than normal. If you are not sure then try on in shop and then order online when size is known.

5.0 out of 5 stars Original Quality. Accept no Imitations, 22 May 2011
I've wanted some nice summer foot-ware for a while, but never really got on with flip-flops because of that bit between your toes and the constant paranoia of, 'these aren't attached to my feet and could fall off at any moment'. Well, enter the Birkenstock.

They really are nice... The leather (I went antique brown) feels very high-quality and softened/started moulding to my foot after a few days. The combination of the double strap, the moulded sole and the lightness of the cork, means that they stay solidly on your feet and are comfortable for extended ware.

I would highly recommend them to anyone, but make sure you go for the leather ones... Quality materials last.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good provided you choose the right size, 14 Jun. 2011
I needed to be sure before purchasing these on line. So I went to a shoe store and asked to try 2 different sizes, in both widths. And even after that, I'm not convinced I picked the right size for my feet as I may have tried the sandals in a bit of a hurry. Note to self: never make that mistake again.

But now the shoes have molded a bit better to my feet, I've been thoroughly enjoying wearing them :-)

Dec.2012 edit: in hindsight, I should've gone for a leather material as this is starting to have little cracks where the forefoot folds by the big toe. Time's taught me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting comfier by the day, 5 Sept. 2011
I've had these for a month now and rarely worn any other shoes. They took about a week to mould to my feet, but were comfortable enough to wear (and walk for over an hour in) from day 1. The two straps mean they stay on your feet well, the leather on the outside is hardy and there's soft felt underneath so they don't rub at all. It is a very wide fitting (the regular), which is why I bought them (usually have trouble finding shoes wide enough). I think the narrow fitting is normal for UK. I would usually be a 5.5 or a 6 (for width), but the 38's were good, with a bit of room at the toe. 39 would have been far too big.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 13 May 2010
Jamie Law (UK) - See all my reviews
The sandals are padded and very comfortable to walk in. I'll definitely be taking these with me on my travels!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sandal review, 19 Jun. 2012
I am a huge fan of Birkenstock sandals. I've always found them to be extremely comfortable and hard wearing and of course I like the look!
I moved to Spain a few years ago and was having difficulty finding an outlet store near me. Usually I wait until I return to the UK to buy a new pair. This time I decided to take a chance and purchase a pair through Amazon.
I prefer the soft suede of this brand, especially in the Madrid heat. I sometimes find the harder leather sticks and rubs as my feet warm up. I knew my size and width. Again my feet are not so wide but in the summer, feet do have a habit of swelling a little bit.
From day 1, they have been great. No rubbing and no blisters. I walk 45 minutes to work every day and they were comfortable from the outset. Very pleased and much cheaper to buy this way even with postage and package.
Just wish they had a built in foot deodorant!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My arthritic feet are a bit of a write-off - everything hurts and is a funny shape, but in Birkies they feel almost normal, 19 Feb. 2015
the dilettante (North West England) - See all my reviews
I have several pairs of Birkenstock's so I knew what I was in for. I wear a 36 in Birkies, as opposed to my usual 38 - much smaller. That size fits my foot perfectly; wraps round it and supports my arches, cups my heels and provides a non-slip jumping off point for my toes. My arthritic feet are a bit of a write-off - everything hurts and is a funny shape, but in Birkies they feel almost normal. I use Birkies as slippers all year round (with socks, to my shame), as well as sandals in summer. They're just that comfortable.

This pair is very simple in design; with two straps to adjust you can fit your feet well, regardless of bunions, socks etc. The leather is flexible and doesn't rub. The colour is neutral and goes with most things. If I could afford it, I'd buy every colour! Everyone should have a pair of Birkies in their wardrobe and this is a good starter pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great comfortable sandals., 13 Jan. 2010
Great comfortable sandals Although bought for my dad and he as very wide feet so they were not quite wide enough. not detrimental to the product as they were not advertised as "wide" but bear in mind if you have wide feet.