2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm......, 1 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Philips 26PFL7532D - 26" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV - With Pixel Plus & Freeview (Electronics)
Having had this TV a few days here are my thoughts on it.

The picture is bright and bold - though skin tones rarely look natural.

On watching movies in a dimly lit room the gloss black case only goes to show that "black" on the picture isn't quite as black as it should be. Looking even slightly at an angle to the screen this gets worse. Having compared with a few others maybe this is just a feature of LCDs - I'm not sure this one is that much better or worse than similar offerings.

The bit that really offends my eye however is there is something very odd going on when things move....whilst you can notice it on normal pictures as moving picture being a bit "blurry" perhaps the proof is on titles which over a certain speed become absolutely illegible (considerably more so than the same material on my old TV and on both analogue and digital signals).

So in summary....I'm not glad I bought it.

---------

Having submitted my initial review it's developed a fault (horizontal wobbles on all inputs), and I have returned it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good features, but flawed, 16 Jan. 2009
I had one of these for a few days from Richer Sounds, and while I'd rate it slightly higher than the previous reviewer - above average speakers, good interface, understated, I also had reservations.

For me, motion was Ok, but when the action stops, the image seems to crystallise (perhaps as PixelPlus kicks in). As this happens every few seconds, it actually made me feel seasick. This might be a bit like the colourwheels in some DLP projectors which cause some people (not me) to see a rainbow effect.

In the end I returned it. The shop assistant offered to let me keep it longer and bring it back if I still wasn't happy - he said there was a run-in period after which the effect would more or less disappear - but I just wanted to get it sorted. Ended up buying a Viera for double the price from the same place which has proved a good investment