Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

Colour: n/a|Size: n/a|Change

on 10 February 2011
Very pleased with the cleaning fluid kit.

Although content with cleaning my sporting shades (M frames) with water. The added assurance that this formula has been specially tested and created for Oakley lenses with their unique coatings and surfaces leaves me feeling better that they aren't going to be spoiled by the unknown chemicals found in tap water - Corrosive fluoride comes to mind <_<

After gently rubbing in the formula with the provided soft as silk micro cleaning cloth (I believe the standard soft bags can also be used as produced with the same material), it leaves the lenses looking brand new and shiny :D - Comparable to waxing your car - Great feeling until they get steamed and sweaty again :(

The kit comes in a small sturdy nylon case which as well as the spray fluid and micro cloth, comes complete with a mini screwdriver kit designed for taking your beloved Oakley's apart should you need to - I haven't tested this yet, but I am sure it works - Though why fix it if it isn't broke.

All in all I am very pleased with the product, I just wish you could buy the fluid separately?? Pricing is a bit steep, but worth it in my honest opinion.
on 12 September 2013
I recieved this product and after 2 sprays the coating on my lenses began to come away. I have used Oakley lense cleaners in the past, and some used to warn against use on polarised lenses - this carried no such warning.

Oakley kindly replaced the lenses and refilled the bottle with refreshed liquid...so I don't doubt that the product is genuine - but buyer beware I say.
on 10 July 2009
Just the job, very pleased with the cleaning kit. Does what it says on the tin; leaves a clean and smear free finish on my Oakley lenses.
on 20 June 2016
I use this on my Oakley Tailpin (which have the sapphire iridium lenses) and it gets every bit of skin grease, oil, suncreams etc off of them (which is very important). You have to be careful of the cleaning solution you use on sunglasses/polarised lenses, especially iridium lenses, as using a too strong alcohol content solution will damage the coating. Another way to damage sunglasses, is to wear them on top of your head, doing this brings them into contact with hair gels, hair sprays, which will (if not cleaned off after every time you wear your sunglasses) damage the coating on the lenses and can potentially make them peel.

This Oakley cleaning solution has a low alcohol content (5 percent). I learned this the hard way with a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses I used to have. I foolishly purchased a can of spectacle cleaner (which is fine for spectacles but as I learned from my experience, not sunglasses). The can of spectacle cleaner did not do as good a job as this Oakley solution (it didn't remove all of the grease off of the lenses, I thought it was the lenses that were perhaps difficult to clean at first). And as time went on, the remnants of skin oil, grease and suncreams and the too strong solution, started to peel the coating on the lens.

After cleaning my Oakley's with the Oakley cleaning solution, the lenses look as clean as they did when I first got them, there is no skin grease, oils, suncream whatsoever left on them. If you have spent good money on your Oakley's, then getting this is a no brainer, if you want to look after them. After all, you can pay over £200 for a pair of Oakley's, so between £9.99-£17.99 (depending on the offer on Amazon) is not a lot to spend.

Also included is a large cleaning cloth (which is of the same material as the cleaning bang/pouch that come with most Oakley sunglasses) and a nice tough ballistic nylon storage case. A bit pricer I'll admit at £17.99, but well worth £9.99, but whatever the price, you only need a tiny spray of the solution, each press of the spray delivers a precise tiny measured amount of the cleaning solution, so a little goes a long way and the bottle should last a while.

My only complaint is, I wish Oakley sold the bottle of solution separately, as it means that when the bottle is empty, you need to buy the full cleaning kit again. I have heard it mentioned that Oakley will fill the bottle up for free, if you take it into an Oakley store, but I'm not sure if this is totally true of if its Country dependant.

But to sum up, if you want the best way to clean your Oakley's then this is it!
on 9 July 2012
Great item. The cleaner works well and will look after your expensive lenses. Very handy little screwdriver/spanner set as well. All in a handy pouch. The only negative I'd say is that you don't seem to be able to buy the cleaning fluid on it's own. I bought one of these kits just over 2 years ago and it's lasted all this time with some fairly regular cleaning, so £18.00 is a pretty good investment.
Absolutely superb service from Sunglasses Hut. I ordered the item at around midday Thursday & it arrived first thing Friday morning.
on 16 May 2012
Arrived very quick and cleaned up my Oakleys very nice. :-) Had been regretting not purchasing the kit at the time of purchase, as my lenses were hard to keep clean from smudges.
on 4 January 2011
This is exactly what I had hoped it would be and was a great stocking filler for my husband who wears glasses.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 March 2016
This was a great piece of kit I've been using it for a while now and is a must have for Oakley owners.
on 27 June 2016
A must keeping your Oakley sunglasses sparkly n clean ;0)
on 11 December 2015
Bought as a stocking filler. A good quality gift for men.