Greatest Hits
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£3.95+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

VINE VOICEon 11 November 2007
Would there ever be a time a for a spice reunion? its true its pretty much formulated pop that was of a certain time and place! but oh what a time!

When the fivesome hit the music scene in the summer of 96 they where so fresh and in your face.."wannabe" wasnt a life-changing song vocally or lyrically but brought a breath of fresh air to the music scene...not just here but round the world! from schoolgirls to pop fans..to the parents and the odd grandparent..we all lapped it up!

we dressed up as our favourite spice...learnt the dance routines..sang along! this album will bring back so many memories!

the girls crafted pure pop and gave some great tracks...and marketed themselves to perfection! we had dolls, writing paper..even crisps!

although a lot of the songs are throwaway...the harmonies and blending vocals of all the girls from the strongest (mel c) to the weakest(geri)! to the dancing..but they gave great energy both live and on record!

you have the immense wonderful ballads "2 become 1" and "viva forever" the pure pop of "stop" and " who do you think you are" the dance workout "spice up your life" the sentimental slush of "mama" "goodbye" and the new single "headlines" and the great rnb floorfiller "holler"

apart from "headlines" the only new track is voodoo" which has a bit more ummph! but still fails to capture the glory of the heyday!

still every song will remind you of a special time or a crazy time. sort of what were you doing when this was out...where were you when you first heard this!

maybe a whole new generation will discover the girls! but i doubt it will be like like the abba revival as the sound has aged!

still buy this album and enjoy it for the pop perfection that it was and the way it changed/shook up the music scene! i cant wait for the concerts!!! got me tickets...and you just know it will be a great party!
on 4 December 2008
In the weeks leading up to the release of their debut single, Wannabe, the music channel The Box played the fun video to the single 70 times a week. The single went into the charts at number 3 and then went up to number 1 and stayed there for 7 weeks. This was the start of the phenomenon called the Spice Girls. Five sassy, in-yer-face girls, well packaged with clever nick names and destined to be the biggest selling girl group of all time.

Their legacy includes 3 great pop albums (Spice, Spiceworld, Forever) and
Spiceworld: The Movie which topped the UK video charts on its first week of release, selling over 55,000 copies on its first day in the shops.

All the groups singles are here in this compilation - the first six of which were all UK number ones. So, if you're looking for a bit of fun in your music, you could do worse than checking out this bit of British pop history.
on 16 November 2007
Love them or hate them, the Spice Girls have made some of the best pop tunes of the last decade.

Every pop music fan should own this collection of killer tunes. They're really the ABBA of the 90's.

Essential.
on 17 July 2013
I was a massive fan of the Spice Girls from 96-01 and i still follow there solo endovers now.

What can i say about this boxset? Well you get 3 cds and a dvd as well as 5 postcards and a friendship bracelet. i picked up this item for under £10 and i don't regret it at all the first cd contains there 9 No.1's and the 2 other singles Stop And Headlines the pepsi ad Move Over and contains a new track Voodoo which i would say is very Spice era sounding overall a great disc artwork contains lyrics and a photo montage. The DVD contains all the videos excluding Headlines And Move Over.

The Second CD is a karaoke disc which contains all the tracks except the 2 new ones

And the 3rd disc contains remixes of the singles except Headlines and Move Over there packaged in the same case as a 2 disc the booklet contains easier to read lyrics and there one to a page

Over all this set is amazing if you liked or like me still like the Spice Girls i totally recommend this item
on 11 November 2007
At last the greatest hits album we have all been waiting for from the best and biggest selling girl group ever! It features there 9 number one's, including Wannabe, 2 Become 1, Spice Up Your Life and Goodbye, plus there number 2 hit Stop, the Pepsi promotional single Move Over and 2 new tracks, Voodoo and there great new single for Children in Need, Headlines (Friendship Never Ends) As I write this, Headlines has entered the top 20 in the charts on download sales alone, so you know its going to be a massive future hit when it is released on 19th November with all sales going to charity.
This album is simply good quality pop music from the 90's, along with a few new gems, so make sure you buy it today!
on 6 April 2013
When I Was a Kid, I Used to be a HUGE Spice Girls Fan. Now I am all into Hip-Hop Like 2Pac,
But I can't ignore the Spice Girls Still; Good music can never be forgotten.

So As you all Know, Some managers created a girl band. yeah....
But then they actually found Good singers and Made some incredible good music!

It's 2013 and I am late to the party but i've never stopped listening to them.
Now it's my time to get the set and FOREVER being able to enjoy such awesome work!
Good set, the US set has 3 cds...This is the Ultimate one!
it's a must for me !
on 21 January 2011
The Spice Girls conquered the world in such a short time that they were considered an overnight sensation. All of the tracks included in ther greatest hits are pop gems and hit every single chart around the world. Despite not having the same success as their previous singles, long-awaited GH single "Headlines" has their signature in it. Had this song been released in their hey days, it would have had a better chart position. All in all, SG are all about fun. Believe me, give a listen and you'll go back to the great 90s.
on 1 December 2007
Being a huge Spice fan when I was younger, I went out and bought the CD+DVD just so I could relive the great videos as well as the songs. And well, I don't regret it at all.

I had been waiting for this package for 7 years. Even though I have all the albums, I was still so excited at the thought of them all on one CD (Sad i know!) The CD is near perfect.

Everybody will have heard 14 out of the 15 tracks here, and I think they are all awesome, the only duffish track here is Voodoo. It pretty much what we would have expected as a b-side in their hayday. But it's still great to hear a brand new spice track, so i'm not going to be complaining.

The DVD is a great bonus, with the only downside being the lack of video for 'Headlines', A song and video which i personally love.

I was still hoping for a couple more new tracks, but I still have the tour to look forward to, and I can't wait. Forget Christmas, I'm seeing the spice girls in January!
on 6 December 2007
The Spice Girls may have paved the way for lesser known acts like B'Witched etc! but there image and sound where tailor made for the 90's i remember having to listen to a few girls on the school bus singing every line to their hits "Wannabe and 2 become 1" which annoyed me but at the same time they where a refreshing alternative to the boybands and while Girls aloud may be popular this group had a lot more to them in terms of them having a different individual personlality that sparkled when they sang apart from Posh Spice whose talent seems to be more for strutting and pouting as seen in their comeback tour of toronto.
on 23 November 2007
Well after a break of six years the Spice Girls return with at long last the Greatest Hits us Spice fans have been waiting for. The album contains all their Spice singles including two new tracks.

While many of today's youth might have a hard time understanding the Spice vibe, it should never be taken away from them. These girls changes music in the 90s and without them the charts would not be how they are today.

While Headlines and Voodoo (the new tracks) don't really play on the Spice vibe the old hits do.

Buy it for your collection and let your hair down!