I was always told: shaving is all about the prep.

30mins after you have had a bath/shower in the morning is prime for shaving, the pores on your facial skin are open and your skin is suitably hydrated for a shave.

Published on 26 Mar 2009 by wideboyracing

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, hoped for an European answer to Cremo Cream
Overall, pretty ok. I was used to Cremo Cream from the US, but now I can't order it, so I was looking for a substitute. This one comes pretty close, but not entirely. I found that "supplementing" it with jojoba oil, especially in the sensitive neck area, does the trick of avoiding the pesky razor burn.
Would buy again.
Published on 24 Nov 2011 by Ing Jan Rendek

5.0 out of 5 stars If you've only ever used Gillette products you must try this!, 26 Mar 2009
This review is from: The Real Shaving Co. Professional Formula Shave 2 Cream Moisturising (Personal Care)
I was always told: shaving is all about the prep.

I have used Gilette products for the last 15 years. Either the foam or gel, it is all I have ever used. Two weeks ago I was pointed in the direction of this Shave 2 Cream by the Real Shaving Company. It is so good I am not sure I could honestly do it justice in this review - I shall however try.

First off, you do still need to do the usual prep work. After this you only need to put a small amount the cream into the palm of your hand (I usually use about a marble sized amount) to make a decent lather, it really is all you need.

Reading the instructions (a first for me) it details how less is more - very honest as it means you use less of the product and so it lasts longer! The fact is it smells great, is incredibly quick to apply and goes on to allow for the smoothest, closest shaves I have ever had.

For years it has annoyed me that no matter what razor I used (all the Machs, Wilkinson Swords etc..etc...) once finished I always had the sandpaper feel from my remaining stubble when I ran my hand around my neck and under my chin. I just figured that that was the way it is, I have no reason to know any different. This cream however has shown me that it simply isn't true! Once I have shaved there is no roughness at all, totally smooth all over.

I was so impressed by it that I have bought one each for my brothers and friends as it is just that good and I they all agree it is much better than anything else they have used before. Also, at about 4 a tube, it is not much more expensive either.

This is a true 5 star rated item. I thoroughly recommend it, and have been doing so!

5.0 out of 5 stars All I ever use, 11 Dec 2011
SH_ (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Beautiful shaves that don't blunt the blade and scratch your face. I'm over 60 and having tried everything in pursuit of skin comfort this has been by sole choice for the last 10 years. Pity stupid retailers don't stock it.

Somehow it is pure and simple soap but a lot more besides. I don't even wash out the brush every day because it keeps its lathering ability even after drying out. Just dip in warm water and it works its magic again.

Shave every/every other day and you'll save a fortune while doing your face a favour.

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, 28 Nov 2011
F. Van Pho - See all my reviews
there is a 10 year gap between me using shaving creams and for a long time i thought i didnt need it. I usually do a wet shave and some times im a bit rough and it irritates the skin so i looked around for shaving creams and found this product. main thing i like about this or maybe shaving creams in general with Moisturing in it, is that it leaves the skin very smooth after a shave

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, hoped for an European answer to Cremo Cream, 24 Nov 2011
Ing Jan Rendek "Jan Rendek" (Slovak Republic, Europe) - See all my reviews
Would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more razor burn!, 18 Nov 2011
If you shave and get razor burn, buy this product. I have to shave regularly and I suffer from the burn. I have tried numerous products and nothing comes close to The Real Shaving Company's offering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creamy lather, good value., 12 Nov 2011
A little goes a long way with this cream. A very small amount about the size of a pea gives a medium bowlful of rich fairly dense soft peak foam. This is pretty good going! I have a water softener, so that maybe explain some of it, as I use 1/4 the soap I used to, but compared to other shaving soaps, this is nicely concentrated.
The lather has a simple gentle smell, not heavy on your nose. The blade glides along well and reapplications are easy. The foam stays foamy and rich, even if I take my time. Recommended.
Tip: Use a badger brush for best results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good Shaving Cream, 12 Sep 2011
Awesome Product!!

Will recommend this product for sure!

Superb male grooming shaving cream. I loved it.

Need very little to form a foam, after shave, skin won't feel dry. Second day after shave, skin is still soft and No skin burn at all.

Very good product at price offered.

5.0 out of 5 stars The real deal, 21 July 2011
I bought this as a stepping stone in my journey to a traditional wet-shave, and I must say I don't regret it.
First of all if you've never used a shaving cream before, be warned you do need a shaving bowl and brush to lather this up. I got the brush from Amazon as well for a fiver and instead of shelling out for a shaving mug I got a good sized ramekin from my local Sainsbury's for just over a pound, after all does the same thing.

If, like me you get a boar hair brush and not a badger then you're going to have to put in a bit of elbow grease to get this cream to foam to the right consistency, however when you're there it's a pleasure to shave with, even my multi-blade Wilkinson glides better on this baby than on any Gillette & co. shave gel, I can imagine that a DE or a razor would do even better.

All in all a great product, great smell, and great service from Amazon.

BTW this is very economical as well, you only need to use a little to get a proper foam, in fact if you use too much it's harder to get a good lather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply fantastic., 24 April 2011
I didn't give this product much thought when I first purchased it, but I am now a life long fan. This may seem a bit extreme for shaving foam, but this stuff is seriously good for 2 reasons:

- Like most men, I work in an office and subsequently need to shave every morning / every other morning. With other brands of foam, sensitive areas of my face like above my lips and my neck can get quite angry and agitated. Once I started using this cream I found that this sensitivity no longer existed, and I no longer get those horrible acne like pimples that some may be familiar with.

- This is the most amazing thing: as I said, I shave nearly every morning. I am not exaggerating but 1 tube of this shave cream will last me over 6 months! It's almost unbelievable. You only need a small amount per shave (about the same amount as you would use toothpaste). Simply brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Shaving experience, 27 Oct 2010
I have used this product for several years, usually buying from my local Boots and have only just realised that it can also be purchased from Amazon. Without a doubt this is the best value product of its kind on the market. You can pay a lot more for fancier creams but this does the job admirably. Team it up with a good razor and you will enjoy the best shave ever. As any good barber will tell you, foams and gels contain too much air and so cannot bond with the face as creams do. I can almost guarantee that, once you have used a good shaving cream such as this, you will not want to revert back to a foam or gel. A first class product at an excellent and very competitive price.