5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera
For the money this is a very good camera. You would be hard pressed to find a camera like this from a quality manufacture like Fujifilm with this type of spec.
Published on 11 Nov 2007 by M. Riley

2.0 out of 5 stars Also disappointed....
I bought this camera for my dad as a birthday present to replace his broken Kodak. He has been using the "auto" setting for most of his photos, but nearly all have been of very poor quality. The indoor shots are grainy, with blurred, dark background, unrealistic colour, and just generally disappointing. He has tried several of the other settings, e.g. portrait, landscape...
Published on 6 Mar 2008 by Mrs. J. Parker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, 11 Nov 2007
M. Riley (Bristol, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix A920 Digital Camera - Silver (9MP, Super CCD, 4x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD (Electronics)
I up graded form a Kodak 3.2 mp camera to this one, and they are truly worlds apart in terms of picture quality and userabilty. An excellent camera I would recommend for anyone who just wants to point and click.

5.0 out of 5 stars another class act from Fuji, 16 Jan 2008
I was really into photography in my teens/twenties possessing SLR's by Pentax, Nikon and Canon. I resisted the digital technology because of time lapse and loss of definition. The addition of a family changed my mind anf the ability to take/delete photos/retake and print as many copies as wanted with the addition of zoom lenses and increase pixels has won me over. Like the other reviewer I also possess the 6500 but it is larger and more cumbersome. I have owned over ten digital cameras six off them by Fuji (whom I rate as the best) and still have the A820, Finepix (6.3 megapixels) S304 (6 times zoom). Still like the S304 for the extended zoom but have given all these cameras to my kids (have four) and they love the ease of photography. Great camera can't go wrong with this one. However if you want the equivalent of a SLR then go forthe 6500 but if you want a good compact at a great price then you cannot beat this camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera for the price., 15 April 2008
Mr. J. R. Banner "Jay" (Worcestershire. UK) - See all my reviews
I really cannot fault this camera in any way at all.
I actually reviewed it on here before I bought it.
It takes crystal clear photos.
The pixel quality for the images taken, can be changed by accessing the easy-to-use menu.
You can select from 3 megapixels to 9 megapixels.
However, the higher the image quality, the more memory it uses up.
So it's worthwhile investing in a 512mb (or higher) SD card.
The digital zoom is also high quality, as I've had a few cameras in the past.
And when I've zoomed in to take photos, they've almost always come out blurred or grainy.
Not with this camera!

Movie recording with sound is included.
Movies are recorded in the Avi format, so you can easily watch your movies in Windows Media Player.

There is a dial on the back of the camera, which lets you access different shooting options.
They include:

1,Anti-blur mode. (cannot fault this at all)

2,Automatic mode. (automatically adjusts itself according to light levels)

3,Movie capture. (Excellent for family movies, outings etc)

4,Baby mode. (for natural skin tone capture)

5,3X digital zoom. (excellent for far away shots)

6,Red eye reduction. (Never had to use this option, as photos come out perfect)

7,Portrait mode. (Another setting for good skin tone capture)

The camera comes supplied with instructions, two AA batteries, and a cable with a USB connector, and other connectors to plug it into your tv.

There is an infrared lens on the left side of the camera.

Along with the shooting settings dial on the back.
There is also a picture/movie preview button.
A central [Menu] button with four additional buttons surrounding it.
these are the [Macro] (close shooting) button.
The [Flash setting] button.
The [countdown timer] button. (choose either two seconds or ten seconds)
And the [Image/movie delete] button.

I recommend this to anyone.
Most cameras for this price are either lacking in image quality, or functions.
But this little, chunky camera has it all!

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful camera, 15 Nov 2007
I upgraded prom a canon sureshot 3.2 megapixel camera to this one and am truly amazed at the picture quality.
They are sharp, crisp and i even managed a blur free picture of my kids on a fairground ride.
The price tag is definitely a plus point as i don't think you can get a camera with this quality at this amazing price.
An absolute bargain pure and simple.
I use this to take pictures of items to sell on ebay and the pictures are so good that people are falling over themselves to buy my items.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value!, 10 Mar 2008
Coincidence Vs Fate - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I got this camera from the place where Every Little Helps, if you catch my drift, and I'm very pleased with it.

The images are superb quality as is the camera itself. The large viewing screen is a boon and is so much better than a lot of digicams that tend to have smaller screeens.

The menus and buttons are very intuitive and you'll be able to use this right out of the box without having to read through pages and pages of instructions.

Takes two types of card, including the industry standard SD, which is why I wanted this camera in the first place. A 4GB card - enough for 1800 top quality photos - is only around a tenner, so I would recommend you get one of those too.

I only have one complaint and that is the lack of a camera case, but for this price that is only a minor criticism.

Buy one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Cheap Camera, 9 Mar 2008
K. Gibbons "Steven Gibbons" (Basingstoke, UK) - See all my reviews
I used to have an old 2MP Olympus digital camera which the batteries don't last at all etc.
For Christmas I asked for a new camera and this is what my parents brought me. It's a truly awesome camera and I have never had any problems. I wanted a really cheap camera becuase I am a Theme Park go'er and take loads of pictures of friends on rides etc... They turn out perfect even when the rides in motion. I compared them to the pictures on my Sony Ericsson K800i (3.2MP Phone) and I really can recognise the difference. Well done Fuji Film!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Click" and you're done, 11 May 2008
K. Jamison (Co. Down, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I was afraid this camera might not live up to the hype but I was wrong.

It's a nice size, a comfortable weight that won't tire your arms if you hold it for too long.

In auto mode, it just does everything for you. But you can fiddle with the settings to please yourself.

Nice large screen at the back and the menu/select buttons are well labelled.

It's finished well although a soft case would have been a nice addition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking little Camera, 15 Jun 2008
S J Buck (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I got this Camera for my birthday and its superb. The improvement in picture quality and facilities since I bought my only previous digital Camera five years ago has to be seen to be believed.

This is smaller than my previous Camera has more facilities, and requires half the number of batteries. The basic settings are:
Auto
Movie
Landscape
Portrait
Digital Zoom
Red Eye Reduction
Picture Stabilization
Baby Mode

To be honest Auto and Movie are the only two I've used. The movie facility (with sound) is unlimited within the limitations of the memory card. The 1GB card provided will give you almost 1/2 an hour of video. The picture quality is very good and its easy to link to your PC. With the benefit of photo software even the most average picture can be cropped to look good.

Another excellent feature of this Camera is the large viewing screen (54mm x 40mm).

A great little Camera that does everything I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars great camera for us ordinary folks, 8 Mar 2008
andy (manchester) - See all my reviews
my other camera is a 1980's slr, great piece of kit but just not practical for day to day use anymore, so when i saw these going cheap i thought 'why not?'

and why not indeed, its a modern marvel, mine cost £80-90-ish and what a bargain, my dad has a 6mp fuji and it was on his advice i got this and what can i say- he's jealous, the best advice with one of these is get a cheap sd card, put it on 3mp resolution and auto mode and it does everything else itself, you can turn the resolution right up but i can put pics on a tv screen and they look great so no need to take up anymore memory card space, fuji always make good cameras and this one is no exception, you won't get away with paying any less for a decent named one so just get it, you'll be glad you did

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent budget camera., 30 Nov 2008
I found this camera excellent. very impressed with the image quality and lack of noise at high ISO, such as 400 and 800. Of course, not as good as my dSLR, but definitely worth the £50 i spent on it.

Easy to use, with a good range of manual features too (ISO, Exposure, white balance) for a budget camera. Well Recommended for beginners or anyone wanting a cheap, but quality backup. Battery power is via 2x AAs, so keep some spares around as camera doesn't last that long, even with rechargeable 2500mAH...

Fuji make a range of budget cameras in its A-range. this is the top of the range and definitely shows its calibre. my advice is to check in store the quality of this and any other Fuji cameras as even in the A-range, image quality varies.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›