5.0 out of 5 stars Bobster knows nothing!
Published on 26 Oct 2007 by Milkbottle

3.0 out of 5 stars As one chapter closes......
Published on 7 Sep 2008 by Daydreamer

5.0 out of 5 stars Bobster knows nothing!, 26 Oct 2007
This review is from: Exile On Mainstream (Audio CD)
Exactly what BOBSTER was expecting from a greatest hits package is beyond me...I was expecting a CD full of greatest hits and thats exactly what I got. He says it doesn't say anywhere that this is a greatest hits CD yet the amazon review for this album alone clearly states that its a 'retrospective package that contains their biggest singles to date along with several new tracks'. The only problem with this compilation is that it would need to have at least one more CD in it to fit on all their great tracks. If you liked this album you must buy their previous offerings, and if like BOBSTER you feel this is a CD single with filler tracks im sure you will find it to be the best CD single in your collection. This is top notch stuff and i hope Rob and the boys bring out a brand new album soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars best of the rest.., 20 Jan 2008
RD - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Exile On Mainstream (Audio CD)
A lot of artists seem to release their Greatest Hits albums with a few newbies thrown in. I think it's to get the die hard fans to buy the thing just to get those tracks irrespective of the fact they already own more than half the album! That said, if you do want a collection of great rock songs you've come to the right place. It's a shame MB20 didn't just make a proper Greatest Hits album because there are several more shakers that didn't make the cut. Probably a good starting place for people who haven't bought any of their albums before but like what they've heard so far. You can't go too far wrong with this one.
The newer songs are a bit different with a little less angst. Not classic MB20 but I do like the faster, upbeat tempo of 'How far we've come' and am totally hooked. The others have grown on me too.
So all in all a cd worth having folks!

3.0 out of 5 stars As one chapter closes......, 7 Sep 2008
Daydreamer (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exile On Mainstream (Audio CD)
I remember being excited at the thought of a new Matchbox Twenty album, only to discover that it would only include 6 fresh new songs. However, being a fan of their music I went out and bought it, and I'm glad I did. To me this album sounded like the closing of one musical chapter in the band's history and at the same time the opening of a door to a new one which sees them now as a four piece after the departure of Adam Gaynor. All their greatest hits from their previous 3 albums are there including the brilliant Push and Bright Lights. As for the new ones, there are a mixture of uptempo and slower songs, among the latter These Hard Times is the best. A thoughtful and rather introspective piece on which Rob's voice shines. How Far We've Come is a great song to start the album with, full of energy, it's just one of those songs that you just want to sing along to. Although it's about how far humanity has come, it also feels like a statement about how far the band and their music have come. Overall I think it could have used a couple more new tracks, but not a bad album nonetheless. I can't wait for their next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit of Both really, 19 May 2008
M. Buck (Fleet, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exile On Mainstream (Audio CD)
I have to admit I completely forgot this album had come out! however I went to the Matchbox twenty concert at Wembley in May and it reminded me, Overall good and bad, I can see what some people are saying, out of the 6 new songs, at least 2 of them are what you would call "Album Songs" but still good, The greatest hits bit, i wasn't sure about, however it sounds like they have all been re-recorded, and it makes the album good to get, the sound of the whole album has an alot more acostic sound and it means the older songs sound fresh. Overall for £8 its an album that Matchbox fans should have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Live Matchbox !!, 2 Nov 2007
R. Chatterjee (Northampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exile On Mainstream (Audio CD)
Forget all this 'greatest hits package' stuff, buy this for the new tracks alone! Absolutely fantastic tracks, every one of them, been stuck in the hifi for weeks!
I found myself loving the new tracks more than the old ones, and for those who've heard matchbox twenty's previous material; yes it really is THAT good!

If you've never heard of this band, this is a perfect place to start, i guarentee they'll become your favourite band in the world!
Matchbox fans should have already bought this and shouldn't be relying on the review!

Finally.. what exactly bobster was expecting i dont know, he really should have a slight knowledge about products before he buys them!
Even he can't honestly say that he's not hooked to the new tracks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Disguised Greatest Hits, 15 Nov 2007
Mr. P. A. Barratt "storm1975" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exile On Mainstream (Audio CD)
I must admit that the new tracks didn't grab me but if I'm honest, MB20 tracks have always grown on me. And believe me I'm a massive fan, having seen them live 3 times in the UK. It would of been nice to see a full new album but instead we have a Greatest hits in disguise. Saying that after all the band have completed solo projects, tours and of course lost Adam Gaynor from the band, it's just good to know they are sticking it out and continuing. This is a good offering if you've never listened to MB20 before it's a must and will inspire you to buy the other albums. For longer serving fans, I can see how you might be disappointed. The guys do need a full new studio album soon, instead of making us wait 4yrs for material.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mainstream But Enjoyable Music, 11 Nov 2012
This review is from: Exile On Mainstream (Audio CD)
"Exile On Mainstream" by Matchbox Twenty features many of their top songs that spotlighted the group's talent. "Push", "3 AM', "Bent", and "How Far We've Come" are some of the fun hits on this greatest hits collection. "Exile On Mainstream" by Matchbox Twenty is best for those who like alternative rock and/or at least five songs by Rob Thomas and/or Matchbox Twenty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: Exile On Mainstream (Audio CD)
arrived on time and CD was in good working order. Had good, polite service and case was not broken as it can be sometimes.

4.0 out of 5 stars My fave album from Matchbox Twenty, 26 Sep 2011
This review is from: Exile On Mainstream (Audio CD)
I am a fan of Matchbox Twenty and I have most of their albums. This is my favourite by far as it contains the best songs from all their other albums. The downside is that there aren't that many new songs here. That is the reason why I am only rating it 4 out of 5 because I have all their other songs already and for a whole album you will only be buying 6 songs... Unless you haven't got their older works. However, having said that I love all the new songs here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Matchbox Classics, 22 July 2011
This review is from: Exile On Mainstream (Audio CD)
Admittedly, it is quite an odd combination of old and new tracks, but a must for any MB20 fan. While mainly a greatest hits album, Rob and the gang have treated us to 6 new songs too. It's a fantastic collection of Matchbox Twenty hits, with some brand new tracks thrown in too. I can't get enough of MB20 and immediately bought this, despite having most of the tracks on previous albums. The new work is of the same excellent quality that we have come to expect from this band and it's really handy having 'the best of' on one CD...perfect for my car or when I haven't got my iPod handy with my full Rob/Matchbox collection. According to Rob's twitter profile, the guys are working on new material now, so I'm very much looking forward. If these new 6 songs are a taste of what's still to come, the next album will be fantastic too!

Exile On Mainstream
Exile On Mainstream by Matchbox Twenty (Audio CD - 2007)