5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Pregnancy Product
I got this pillow when I was about 4 months pregnant and struggling to get comfy in bed. It really worked for me as I found that it stopped me rolling on my back whilst supporting my bump and legs at the same time without filling the bed with too many pillows and therefore leaving enough room for my husband! I am also using it for breastfeeding which it's great for - just...
Published on 1 Mar 2009 by Honeycat

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty useless
This pillow does not provide enough back or belly support, and the leg support pillow is too narrow to offer much support, either. I feel I wasted my money.
Published on 17 Jun 2011 by bronstew

‹ Previous | 120 21 22 23 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for taller/Larger people!, 19 Jun 2012
This review is from: DreamGenii Maternity Support Pillow (Baby Product)
Bought one of these just over 2 month ago as saw a lot of good reviews on it, and have to say I'm not overly impressed. I am 5' 7" so not overly tall and a pre maternity size 16 UK size, so I wouldn't say overly big! But I have to admit this pillow is a bit small to offer me any great deal of support. in order for me to be able to comfortably use this in between my legs for leg support I had to have the top of the pillow half way down my waist which isn't ideal in the latter stages of pregnancy (I'm 36 weeks now) just to be long enough. I admit the amount of leg support it offers me I find is very comfortable and ideal but I don't find it comfortable under the bump at all, a bit more uncomfortable to be honest!

I found it easier using a soft duck feather pillow and molding it under my bump and this is far more comfortable! I ended up turning the dream genii upside down to use as a leg support but that's as good as I got from it. the back support may as well not be there it doesn't stop you rolling over at all! only upside to this in my honest opinion is that it will double as a pretty good feeding pillow and I do enjoy the leg support it offers, but as for what it explains it actually can do, it lies a bit. Or should come with some warning if your over a certain height or weight it's like a doll pillow with no support whatsoever!

1.0 out of 5 stars Discourages rolling on back by causing pain!, 12 May 2012
This review is from: DreamGenii Maternity Support Pillow (Baby Product)
I bought the Dreamgenii pillow largely because it said it discouraged rolling onto your back during the night which I regularly do, but after about a week of using it I could hardly sleep at all because I was in so much pain! The pillow doesn't stop you rolling onto your back - instead you end up lying on the cushioned bits that try to keep you on your side and for me this totally put my back out. The resulting crick in my back ended up giving me a totally horrific headache that lasted for 3 days and was only cured by a week's worth of visits to the chiropractor making it a very expensive purchase! I do still use the long bit between my knees but it's quite awkward to do without lying on it and hope that when the littl'un arrives it'll be good for breastfeeding but if your main reason for buying it is to try and stop rolling over in the night, don't.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 21 Oct 2011
This review is from: DreamGenii Maternity Support Pillow (Baby Product)
For my last pregnancy I bought a cheap v shaped pillow on ebay and though it was ok it lost it's 'bounce' and I had heard such great things about DreamGenii pillows I thought I treat myself this time round. Though the pillow is ok, for the high price it should be a lot better!!! It's not very 'full' and therefore feels really quite cheap. I am not a big person (height or weight) but find the pillow between the legs to be quite flimsy and have resorted to using a decent 'normal' pillow as it's way more comfortable. The cover also feels pretty nasty (I know you can buy alternative covers but at this price I would expect that the one provided is half decent). Finally, the pictures indicate that the 'back rest' part looks quite cushioned and frankly it's not, it's pretty much just a strip of material between a small and a longer pillow. All in all, I'm very disappointed and feel that my money would have gone much further if I had bought a good quality V-shape pillow instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars DreamGenii Pillow, 23 Sep 2011
This review is from: DreamGenii Maternity Support Pillow (Baby Product)
Bought this last month as I never had anything like it for my first pregnancy and wanted to avoid a repeat of the uncomfortable, sleepless nights I had then. I would definitely recommend it. It is very comfortable and supports your bump and your legs very well. Other half doesn't like it as the back bit that stops you rolling over stops him from cuddling up! But it's definitely helpful as waking up on your back can be quite painful. The only problem I have with it is that the stuffing is already beginning to flatten and separate a bit where my leg rests on it - needs lots of plumping to get it back into best shape. It's still very good for getting comfy and sleeping better though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet dreams, dream genie!, 18 Sep 2011
This review is from: DreamGenii Maternity Support Pillow (Baby Product)
I was looking at much bulkier C shaped pillows before this was recommmended to me. My partner was pleased to see that it didn't take up the entire bed like some of the the pregnancy pillows, so that was a thumbs up. In 2nd trimester I found the cushioning a bit too little, but now as I enter the third it seems ideal. The design of the pad under the back is good, I think it could be nice with slightly more padding, but that's minor. I do supplement this pillow with an extra 'cuddle pillow' to support my arm. Also, I find I prefer it backwards, with the long bolster down my back, so if you change sides during the night, know it will work either side without needing to move the whole pillow, just the bit between your legs.

I was away from home for 3 nights recently and missed my pillow almost more than my partner!

The pillowcases are not a fine cloth, just plain weave cotton. I bought a special print and was a little surprised, but it's not something to worry about, just prepare your expectations!

Happy sleeping!

4.0 out of 5 stars Spouse seems to like it, 23 Aug 2011
This review is from: DreamGenii Maternity Support Pillow (Baby Product)
Got this for my girlfriend who is expected to give birth in the beginning of November. She uses the pillow pretty much every night and seems to be happy with it. So far we have obviously not used it for nursing so I can't say anything about it.

It seemed though that there was a plain colored pillow cover included with the pillow so the extra one that we ordered is currently just laying around as a spare. I was under the impression that the pillow product didn't include any cover at all, but it was positive that it did, obviously.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit to early to know fully what it's capable of, 23 July 2010
This review is from: DreamGenii Maternity Support Pillow (Baby Product)
I bought this product in my first trimester as I already felt the need to hug my pillow in the night. However, I have found that the pillow is still preferable at the moment. I'm now a couple of weeks into the second trimester and still find a pillow better. The main reason for this is that I like to be able to turn over to my other side during the night but you have to really wake yourself (and your other half up) in order to do it with this product. I expect as I get bigger this will work better so I'd recommend not buying it quite as soon as I have. It's very comfortable to use now, it's purely the fact that I feel too restricted to alter my sleeping position to use it currently. This really depends on how you usually sleep, everyone is different, this is just my experience of the product so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't be without it, 15 May 2010
This review is from: DreamGenii Maternity Support Pillow (Baby Product)
The dreamgenii was a really worthwhile purchase when I was pregnant. Whilst it seems like a lot of money for a pillow the relief it provided was invaluable and after baby was born I was able to use it as a breastfeeding support pillow, so in the end I felt it was good value. You can go for plain white or one of the funky covers. I have recommended this to lots of friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the investment!, 12 May 2010
This review is from: DreamGenii Maternity Support Pillow (Baby Product)
I bought this at about 15 weeks to make sure I got my monies worth! It lasted right through until after baby was born, and I used it as a breastfeeding support and a little prop when baby couldn't sit unaided.

It's lovely and soft and I used it every night until birth and never had any sleep problems (I even took it to hospital!). It supports your back, bump and hips and keeps you on the left to get baby into a good position for birth. When you are breastfeeding it's probably going to be on display a lot, so the cool new covers would make it look a bit better.

It can be tricky to remember how to use it for BF so I found the youtube clip on how to fold it really handy.

Recommended!

2.0 out of 5 stars DreamGenii support pillow, 12 April 2010
This review is from: DreamGenii Maternity Support Pillow (Baby Product)
I bought this pillow thinking that it would give me a better night sleep during the second part of my pregnancy. It was a bit pricey but I bought it anyway. It was a disappointment. The bit that tucks under is too wide and the back support part is too far to stop me from rolling over and sleeping on my back. The front does not go under my tummy and does not provide support there. I stopped using it after two nights and now am sleeping with two small pillows. However 2 weeks ago I cut the back support bit off and now using it on its own. That's why my rating is 2 stars.

‹ Previous | 120 21 22 23 | Next ›