5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece!
Published on 3 Dec 2007 by Carl Spencer

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgraceful product - primitive at best!
Published on 31 July 2011 by Kelsienna

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgraceful product - primitive at best!, 31 July 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Deal or No Deal (PC CD) (Video Game)
I've never felt so strongly about a game, and as an avid gamer believe me I've played a wide range of games on different platforms/media, from basic to complex. Firstly, I don't like any game title telling me I need to install items to run their game, even when I know my computer is more than capable of running it, is fully up to date and has a good specification. I should have returned it there and then (well, the sealed box arrived with one corner broken and in bits which had collected inside the case, so it would have been awkward to send back). After debating whether to install the requested items or not, I decided to go ahead, as other people's reviews suggested it was a good game so I thought what the heck. Only when the game launched did I realise this was a big mistake. The game is full screen, the graphics are pixelated/distorted, the image textures are absolutely awful and do not blend from one item to the other, and the game resembles a very old throwback from a bargain basket a decade ago.

The music overpowers the voiceover of Noel, and worse still, there is no way to adjust this in the settings because there are no settings! Yes, you can adjust the 'risk' against character icons on a sliding bar, though not really sure what benefit this brings, and you can select which game mode you want to play, but otherwise this is a very shoddy attempt at a PC title, of which I'm sure could have been created a whole lot better.

People who love DOND will either love the PC game because they're die hard fans, or, like me, will hate it as it's a dreadful product that isn't even worth the 2.49 I paid for it (and I would have paid anything for a decent product). I'm not bothered about a refund, but my main concern and anger stems from the fact that I've installed 3 extra items of software which I did not want to do and I don't believe are necessary. And with a high spec PC, why would it be necessary? I've installed and played very complex and advanced PC titles that didn't require anything extra. I'm uninstalling this right now.

Please take heed of my poor review, and those from a couple of other people on this page - the game simply isn't worth it. You might get to the end of one DOND game, but I'll guarantee you'll be uninstalling it soon afterwards.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought but beware, 23 Dec 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Deal or No Deal (PC CD) (Video Game)
I bought this today on impulse. I have just played it on my desktop PC which is a very powerful machine. It installed without any problems although I resent that the producers try to get you to register the game before installation. If you want to avoid registering you can just find the program on the CD and run it to install.

The game played very well on my main PC and the comments from others are certainly accurate. It would be great fun with a crowd and the excitement builds very nicely.

However, the main reason for writing this review is to caution anyone who my try to run this game on a low spec machine. First I tried it on a Sony laptop with Vista, the game would run the opening credits and then just freeze. I then tried another laptop running Windows XP. Unfortunately it would not run at all and just kept crashing the laptop. This was a surprise as its quite powerful and capable of running Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004.

So, make sure your computer is powerful enough and you will have a good experiemce with this game.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece!, 3 Dec 2007
Carl Spencer "Carl" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Deal or No Deal (PC CD) (Video Game)
Alongside two lacklustre DVD games, this PC game is a blessing for Deal or No Deal fans. Unlike the disjointed, slow and disappointing dvd versions, this game is brilliantly designed, visually impressive and wonderfully continuous. Rather than seeing a dull table with boxes improperly placed in order, you find yourself in the proper studio, in the crazy chair and with the gameboard displayed in front of you.

Around you are the east and west wing, boxes randomly placed in front of contestants. The graphical design looks cartoonish to begin with but quickly becomes endearing. The gameplay itself is as close as you could hope to get to the real thing and most importantly of all, you'll find yourself immersed in the game and ultimately enjoying the experience.

The other forms of play are also fun. Banker vs. PC is enjoyable, although all my contestants thus far have dealt too soon. The cash and forfeit games are very inventive and, in theory, great for a small party.

One final thing I would say is that this game does require some good PC performance. The better your computer, the more smoothly it will run. If you have quite a low spec computer, you probably won't enjoy the game quite so much as the long pauses and jittery gameplay can get quite tiresome and spoil the entire reason this game is superior to its DVD counterparts.

1.0 out of 5 stars Deal or or dont bother, 21 Jan 2010
T. I. Smith (uk) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Deal or No Deal (PC CD) (Video Game)
This is played on a high spec computer of mine,Mr Edmonds should take his name off this game, it is really rubbish item, playing is so slow and jumpy,then it crashes, Noel Does not speak properly ,the television game is very good, but this isnt,no thought gone into the programing,been rushed this could have been so good, DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY, Amazon should withdraw the product,Cant see where all the plus stars come from,
Either take the warning or just throw your money out the window,had to give one star but only because theres no minus stars, other wise it would have been -5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!, 8 Nov 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Deal or No Deal (PC CD) (Video Game)
This game is so addictive its untrue!! Great fun, just had a go with a whole bunch of friends recently as well and there off to get a copy now, think I'll get a couple as Christmas presents too. Expecting to be playing this one all through Christmas!!

1.0 out of 5 stars No Deal, 28 May 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Deal or No Deal (PC CD) (Video Game)
This game puts all other Deal or no Deal type games i've seen to shame. It's slow to play, with poor controls and is never going to be opened again. I won't even be giving it away to anyone. It's going in the bin asap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
good purchase

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Deal or No Deal (PC CD) (Video Game)
If you're buying this to place Deal, consider using the time to apply to go on the TV show instead. It's much more interesting and you get to meet Noel Edmonds! This PC game works but feels very clunky and slow, but worst of all it needs to have the disc in the drive all the time while playing it! Ludicrous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this game ..., 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Deal or No Deal (PC CD) (Video Game)
What more can I say ... just that it is a brilliant game for all Deal or No Deal addicts :)

5.0 out of 5 stars deal or no deal, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: Deal or No Deal (PC CD) (Video Game)
as described and the same format as the tv and is very good value for money for any one who watches the tv version

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Deal or No Deal (PC CD)
Deal or No Deal (PC CD) by Focus Multimedia Ltd (Windows Vista / XP)
4.26