Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 December 2012
I bought this version of SITR cd after comparing the reviews of this 2007 disc and the 2004 disc also offered by amazon. The 2004 reviews were not favourable as the reviewers complained of unsatisfactory sound, so despite the fact that I prefer the sleeve picture on that disc, I decided to buy this edition from Pegasus. Therefore, I am pleased to report that the print is good and clear.

Obviously nothing compares to watching the film, and listening to the cd soundtrack although enjoyable as it was, seemed to be a little flat. Some of the better songs such as "Fit As A Fiddle, Make 'Em Laugh, Beautiful Girl, You Were Meant For Me, Moses, Good Morning" and of course the title song, "Singin' In The Rain", sound great without the visual of the film. But I found the penultimate song "Broadway Melody Ballet" distinctly out of place on the CD though it's great in the film. Some of the MGM orchestral fillers also seem out of place as they sound not in keeping with joviality of the songs mentioned above. I would like to point out that this is not a complaint, more of a commentary on my taste in the music on the cd. At least everything is here for those who do enjoy the "fillers" as I call them.

The important thing is that the disc sounds great and all the good stuff is here, so pump up the volume and enjoy listening/singing along to some musical classics.
on 19 November 2013
Only purchased this for the1 song *Singing in the rain* and when ever its played we instantly recall that memorable scene with Gene Kelly Singing and dancing with his umbrella in the rain its timeless WOW .
on 3 April 2012
This CD is the songs from the film (Singing in the Rain) - and is exactly what I wanted - the original soundtrack.
on 16 March 2012
If you are having a bad day this is the CD to listen to, from the original soundtrack, it is so uplifting, go on treat yourself.
on 30 December 2012
First saw this film in the mid sixties in London where I lived during the week. Loved it then & still do to this day have the D. V. D. of it.
on 18 November 2012
Lovely original sound track at a very low price. Used to choreograph a dance for my poodle because I love the title music!
on 11 December 2012
Unfortunately this CD was imperfect and kept jumping through tracks. Will have to reorder it to get a good one.
on 27 March 2012
My favorite film, Singing in the Rain, and I just wanted the music sound track. This is it.... and I like it.
on 31 July 2014
Love this film and bought for my baby son who I hope will also love it. It really is ALL of the music and songs from the film so a great buy and good audio quality. Good service from seller.
on 23 November 2014
Excellent, a good copy of the film soundtrack.