5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't have to beat myself.
Usually when I spend money on a blu-ray it takes me a long time to decide. This is because I often find they are very expensive. If I buy one and don't like it I punish myself and savagely beat myself for days. I cause so much pain to myself.

I risked it for this, and it was worth it. I saved myself from such a beating, from my own 2 hands.

The plot...
Published on 25 May 2012 by Reviewman

2.0 out of 5 stars Low Def Disappointment
The story is great as with all the Oceans predecessors and I thoroughly recommed it.
I wish I had just bought the standard DVD though rather than spend 22 on this so-called hi-definition movie. The video quality was comparable to standard DVD and most definitely not what I have come to think of as high definition. I have over 50 Blu-Ray and HD-DVD movies in my...
Published on 7 Nov 2007 by D. W. Chester

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Feb 2014
Outstanding

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopefully there won't be an Oceans Fourteen, 22 Aug 2008
Michael Watson "skirrow22" (Halifax, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Ocean's Thirteen [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
What a useless, boring, waste of time and money! That's me hiring the dvd because of earlier reviews. I refused to watch the two previous films, based on the fact that I can't think of a remake of anything which is anywhere near the quality of the originals. That 2 more in this series have been released only tells me some people will watch anything if the 'big names' are on display.

I suppose those names were paid big money to appear - which seems to me to be what they did - 'appear' - 'cos I certainly saw very little acting going on throughout the film.

Brad Pitt only ever manages one sentence - except for an amazing moment two thirds of the way through the film when I caught him in a scene with about 6 sentences. The rest of his tenure was to walk around the set, say 'yes' or 'no' or 'sure' and that was it! I hope he donated his fee to charity.

Clooney does a Roger Moore, rasing a well-groomed eyebrow as he, too, seems to watch the others in the cast doing as little as possible.

A terrible waste of space. Bring back Bourne - at least Matt Damon earned the 1 star I have given this film. If he hadn't appeared, I'd have been looking for a minus qualification.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Aug 2014
love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Blu Ray?, 19 Sep 2009
Callum Kerr "Xbox 360 Guru" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ocean's Thirteen [HD DVD] (HD DVD)
The quality is fantastic, I could not ask for more. HD-DVD should have remained, in my opinion it is far superior.

1.0 out of 5 stars STICK WITH ELEVEN!!!, 11 Jan 2008
Jason Thorne (England / Oxford) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ocean's Thirteen [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
Ocean's Eleven is a masterpiece we all know that as for this it was really bad it just did not keep you interested one bit. This film is trying to be to clever which is fine if it keeps you watching which it didn't I personally think the director is more worried about keeping the all star cast happy instead of the customer who had paid to watch it or who has bought it. Do not waste your money on this film.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bottom of the Ocean, 30 Sep 2008
A. J. Martin (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ocean's Thirteen [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I watched Ocean 11 (which I thought was good) but couldnt remember if I had seen Ocean 12. I watched Ocean 13 last night and its utter tripe! Its soooooooo predictable, the characters are too arrogant and smug to care about. They buy 2 channel tunnel diggers for about $60m (yeah right!) and transport them to the US and dig under Vegas (yeah right!). The acting is wooden, the film is one dimensional, there is no tension, no sense of will they pull it off or not and no sense of danger to the gang. Al Pacino isnt nearly menacing enough. Verdict : dont bother!

Oh, I remembered I havent seen Ocean 12 but I dont think I've missed anything.

1.0 out of 5 stars A little better than watching paint dry (just), 28 Dec 2007
This review is from: Ocean's Thirteen [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
A disappointing third outing from the 21st Century brat pack. A lazy script with lackluster performances. Not really worth crossing the street to buy or rent.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, but what was I expecting?, 9 Nov 2007
SpammyBoy (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Good question?

I wasn't hugely impressed with this film, glad I rented it. If I had bought it, I would probably of gave it a 2* instead.

It just seems as if watching, its the same but different. It's NOT that good!

Oh and another thing, all you viewers that have seen this film... What role does the man in the room play, (where he get's a rash on his face and wins a million at the end)... couldn't quite work that out.

Anyway, final thoughts. If you liked the first Ocean, rent it. Don't buy it.

1.0 out of 5 stars smug,self indulgent rubbish, 6 Jun 2008
This review is from: Ocean's Thirteen [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
a complete and utter waste of space and given the quality of the talent that is involved you would expect better .

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncinematic, 9 Feb 2008
This review is from: Ocean's Thirteen [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
Strangely uncinematic. It's all set up (as much as 90 minutes) and then a little tepid 10 minute pay off. The structure of the film might work in a novel but as a film it plays like a bunch of boring conversations.

I found the music in it to be very dated sounding. The pretty muted horns and the slow beats sounds sooooo early naughties it's embarrassing.

It's better than 12 but that's not saying anything as that was one of the worst movies ever made.

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

Ocean's Thirteen [DVD] [2007]
Ocean's Thirteen [DVD] [2007] by George Clooney (DVD - 2007)
2.75