5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, fantastic results.
Published on 3 Sep 2009 by Dr. H. Payne

3.0 out of 5 stars sticky issue
Published on 9 Aug 2009 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, fantastic results., 3 Sep 2009
Dr. H. Payne - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wilton Dimensions Large Cupcake Pan (Kitchen & Home)
I have never used a shaped cake tin before and was nervous that the cake would stick in parts and be something of a let down. I took the manufacturer's advice and used a baking oil spray to coat the inside of the tin and have had perfect results with several baking sessions from this tin. The finished cake really does look spectaculr. I made a few for the local village fete cake stall and these cakes received numerous compliments and sold really quickly. I've also made a large one for my son's Birthday party and surrounded it with normal cupcakes which looked delightful.

My only slight teething trouble was with quantities. I found that 1.5 times the normal cake quantity for most Nigella recipes adequately filled the tin. I left 1 horizontal "ring" (about 1 inch) of tin empty to allow for rising and this seemed to work fine.

Highly recommended, fun product.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 1 Oct 2009
This review is from: Wilton Dimensions Large Cupcake Pan (Kitchen & Home)
I have used this pan now 6 times in total, and each time a success. The first 2 trial runs were using package cake mixes, but now I just use my own batter. I have to say, twice I used this in my friends oven, and the cakes were a disaster. One of my other friends also claims that she makes the perfect giant cupcake, yet it doesn't quite deliver at her mother's house. My oven is fan assisted, and pretty fierce, I always have to shorten the cooking time by about 10 min. The cake bakes evenly and beautifully. I fill both sides up about 2/3 full. Place the bottom side of the cake at the back of the oven as it takes longer to cook. If you're using a packet mix, try Jane Asher, use 2 boxes and bake for about 40-45 minutes. If your oven is reliable, then you shouldn't have a problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars giant cup cake!, 2 Sep 2009
This review is from: Wilton Dimensions Large Cupcake Pan (Kitchen & Home)
The is an easy to use cake tin. I used a double amount recipe for a victoria sponge and the cake came out beautifully! the only down fall is the tin is a bit heavy and with the cake mixture in it, it can be a bit fiderly to turn over!

You can do more than make a cupcake designs too, with this shape you also create a hut!

All in all a very good quality cake tin.

3.0 out of 5 stars sticky issue, 9 Aug 2009
This review is from: Wilton Dimensions Large Cupcake Pan (Kitchen & Home)
I love the novelty shape this tin gives, it was perfect for topping a three teir stand of cup cakes, however, I've used it three times now and no matter how carefully I grease and flour the tin I have had real difficulty getting the base side of the cake out. I also find the top half of the cake cooks quicker than the bottom so next time I shall only fill one half and cook individually.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the tin on the picture., 26 May 2011
This review is from: Wilton Dimensions Large Cupcake Pan (Kitchen & Home)
Bit disappointed with the tin that I have been sent to be honest, i was expecting the tin by Wilton as it states in the order, I actually got a tin by Nordic Ware - which on the face of it, seems to be a better product in actual fact the top part of the cake is VERY difficult to decorate as there is no regular swirl design. As I have an order to fulfil in a couple of days there is no way i will be able to send it back and get another one to replace it.

5.0 out of 5 stars giant cup cake tin, 10 Aug 2009
Mrs. A. C. Keogh (wales uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wilton Dimensions Large Cupcake Pan (Kitchen & Home)
This cake tin is superb. It is really excellent quality and makes a brilliant giant cup cake.. I will be using it over and over again. I am very pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulously Easy, 5 Nov 2009
C Beeson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wilton Dimensions Large Cupcake Pan (Kitchen & Home)
I read all the reviews before purchasing this cake tin and was a little concerned re the cake first coming out of the tin and secondly it cooking evenly.
I followed the instructions for preparing the tin. I found using a little light butter first (melted and brushed on) in the bottom edges and a spray cooking oil it gave a fine cover and covered well, then floured and tapped out any that had not coated the side. When baking I like another reviewer filled the lid part leaving one circle mark clear and kept the base about 2 cms clear. The most important thing is to firstly keep an eye on it an remove before it gets too well done, and once removed put on a wire rack to cool, I waited for it to cool to touch and it just fell out of the tin! For decoration do an image search on the internet - there seems to be loads! Finally I used the same basic recipe I have always used for the cake mixture which also worked fine. Weigh eggs, add same amount of caster suger, self raising flour and butter into bowl, beat really well, add dash of milk, beat again, add flavouring or vanilla essence if required. Finally sprinkle over the top one 1 teaspoon of baking power to an average size cake mix with a splash of boiling water and mix again. Bake as usual, Hope that helps!

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes great looking cakes but sticking can be an issue, 17 July 2014
Deborah - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Wilton Dimensions Large Cupcake Pan (Kitchen & Home)
I know it a bit late to write this review since I've had this tin for about 4 years now but I used it yesterday for the first time in about 2 years and I learnt something.
It takes a little getting used to but if I'm being honest I'd put it away and tried to forget about it, in fact the last time I was asked to make this cake I groaned, I never feel happy until it's baked and out if the tin, that's not to say it doesn't make a lovely cake because it does it's just that I didn't realise when I first ordered it that the tins held different amount a mixture and therefore had different baking times. I always struggled to get it right, my first cake was a disaster since the top half was ready while the bottom wasn't. So the second time I put the mixture in the base 15 minutes before the top, but then I had to grease the top while it was hot and the mixture stuck in places. I've made maybe half a dozen or so cakes using this tin and each time I'm anxious about sticking.
My daughter had promised a friend she'd make and decorate her a large cupcake cake and 52 actual cupcakes as well, I somehow, and I'll admit I'm still not exactly sure how it happened but I got talked into doing the actual baking. Anyway I decided to bake the top and bottom separately, seems obvious really and I can't believe I hadn't done it earlier, but anyway better late than never. I used this recipe:
For the base:
225g soft margarine
225g sugar
225g self raising flour
4 eggs
1 teaspoon of baking powder

For the top:
Same as above but I used 150g and 3 eggs.

This all goes in the food mixer for a good 2 minutes then it's ready, this mixture is for one half only, it rises well but you can cut the top off I always figure it's better to have too much rather than not enough. The extra I either freeze for trifle bases or the kids have it with jam and custard. Now I know the bottom half is smaller so I was going to reduce the recipe slightly for the
Only problem was it stuck, I'd greased the tin really well I'd even put baking parchment at the bottom but the cake broke when turning it out. After a moment of panic I went and purchased something I'd never even considered before a cake release gel that I brushed around the tin, I've never seen the problem with just greasing the tins with margarine I thought these gels and sprays were a bit of a con if I'm being honest, but I was desperate and it worked perfectly. I mixed up another base and it came out great, the top when I did that it was absolutely perfect, no sticking at all.
So now I've got my spray I won't hesitate to use this tin again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wilton Giant Cupcake Tin, 23 Jun 2010
This review is from: Wilton Dimensions Large Cupcake Pan (Kitchen & Home)
My friend presented me with a giant cupcake for my birthday and i knew straight away i wanted the tin!
My first attempt i used my own recipe cake (not keen on choclate and that was the only recipe that came with it)...it really is easy and mine came out with no problems at all - i spray, greased and floured it to make sure!
It's a fantastic novelty tin and is easy to use which is why it will be taking a permenant place in my repetoire of cake making!

5.0 out of 5 stars Giant Cupcake Tin, 1 Jun 2010
W. D. Chatwin - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wilton Dimensions Large Cupcake Pan (Kitchen & Home)
Brilliant - I have made 3 of these cakes so far for my daughter's birthdays and have been very pleased with the results. The cake looks very impressive when decorated and certainly produces the WOW factor! I also purchasedWilton Cake Release Certified Kosherto grease the tin with and the cakes released from the tin perfectly intact. I can see I'll be making giant cupcakes for many years to come as everyone who see's it wants one, and the possibilities for decoration are endless. Highly recommend.

Wilton Dimensions Large Cupcake Pan