5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent inflator
Bought this as I needed one capable of inflating my spare tyre (61psi), this has been brilliant. Easy to use and very quick, checking the tyres is now a five minute job.
Published on 29 Nov 2008 by J. Durward

2.0 out of 5 stars The Good & The Bad (but it's not Ugly)
I bought one a couple of months ago after reading the positive reviews. My first impression was 'neat machine' well designed.
I'm a careful reader of instructions, so I took my time to make sure that I understood the procedure.
On the manual setting, all was fine, and although it's a noisy little beast, it does a great job of inflating the tyres.
However,...
Published on 9 Feb 2010 by JonBunt

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent inflator, 29 Nov 2008
J. Durward "blip" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ring Automotive RAC600 12V Digital Air Compressor Including Storage Bag (Automotive)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tyre Inflator, 28 Sep 2009
W. Poultney "Wayne" (UK) - See all my reviews
I am a mobile caravan service engineer and wanted a reliable tyre inflator. I inflate tyres to correct pressures every time I service a caravan. I had tried a few cheaper ones which didn't last very long.
This inflator seems to be well built, strurdy and easy to use. One advantage that became apparent when I first used it was that you can set the pressure and leave it running whilst you go and do something else nearby and not have to stand watching the gauge to stop the inflator at the correct pressure, as it is automatic and stops itself when the correct pressure is reached.
As someone stated earlier, it is a little tight getting the cable back into its storage hole in the rear of the inflator. I have managed to keep my cool and put it back exerytime so far.
Well worth a try.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful in car tool, 13 Mar 2009
Before purchasing I read a review on Amazon from a customer who said that they could only pump their tyre to one level of PSI and that the product was stuck at that preset. First of all I would like to clarify that this must have been a fault with that particular unit as I have had no such problem. I have found it very easy and straight forward to use. The instructions don't give unnecessary information so i was able to just skim through it quickly before attempting. The amount of time taken to pump each tyre is fairly quick so not much waiting around is required. Also, it packs away neatly into a carry case which easily fits into glove compartments (provided theres not much else in there). On the down side however, it is quite noisy and the vibrations caused by pumping the tyre make it necessary to hold the unit rather than sitting it on the road next to the wheel unless you want added noise. Also, the hole on the back of the unit which is for feeding the cable back inside after using can seem a bit small at times and fiddly if you're in a rush. Impatient stuffing will cause some stress and you may have to pull the cable back out and start again.

Overall a good purchase and at a very reasonable price for a product i can see being useful indefinitely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient, 3 Feb 2008
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
This is a very easy to use product complete with a built in light. You simply set the required pressure and it whirrs away and cuts off automatically when the right pressure is reached. The only downside is all these types of products are quite noisy and aren't exactly pocket sized - but I think this is a best of breed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital Compressor - a good buy, 12 Jan 2010
b6ent (Yorkshire U.K.) - See all my reviews
Bought this a little while ago now and use it regularly as I caravan a lot and have to adjust the tyre pressures of both car and caravan. Caravan is 60psi and the compressor copes well with this pressure. Easy to use and accurate as checked against professional tyre pressure gauge. I can recommend this product very highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tyre Inflation Sorted, 7 Jun 2009
John Parvin (Southampton, England) - See all my reviews
I tow a fairly large caravan all over Britain and Europe and its becoming very difficult to find garages, supermarkets or motorway services that have air compressors which are accurate, convenient and actually not broken down.

I read a few reviews of tyre inflators and the general consensus was that the Ring model was the one to buy.

After its delivery I can now say that I'm really delighted by it's quality and performance. Car tyres (37 psi) and caravan tyres (54 psi) are now a inflated very simply and from a small convenient unit in a neat carrying case. Its easy to use, its quiet and frankly its the one to buy! Great product

5.0 out of 5 stars A portable compressor that fits the bill, 13 Sep 2009
Roger Vause "vauzzy" (Northants, UK) - See all my reviews
This compressor is exactly right for the job. It is compact and comes in a zip-up carry case. It works well and is very easy to use. Simply plug it into the car lighter socket, connect the air line to the tyre valve, power on, set the pressure and the tyre inflates to the selected PSI in no time at all. The noise level from the compressor is acceptable. I found that the unit is best used hand held as opposed to free standing. Added features include a clear digital display and safety lights for night use. A completely brilliant design and very lightweight.

4.0 out of 5 stars rac 600, 12 volt automatic digital air compressor, 1 Jan 2010
A tidy and compact automatic digital air compressor comes complete in a nice albeit snug fitting case. This product has digital readings and can inflate many products including car tyres with a set reading, just plugs into any 12 volt vehicle socket, the just set the reading in PSI, BAR or Kps and switch on for the exact inflation everytime. The machine automatically stops once its reached its target. Also has a handy light. Because of its size the voltage cord when wound up RAC 600 12v Automatic Digital Air Compressorhas to sqeeze into a space in the bottom of the unit..... maybe a slight design fault here, otherwise A-ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Car tyre air compressor, 25 May 2009
Mr. R. M. Alexander (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
It's easy to use and appears to be accurate. This was one of the cheapest trye inflators on the market and promises what it delivers. It takes the worry out of driving with incorrectly inflated tyres, and checking and adjusting the tyre pressure takes only a minute or two.It is recommended that the engine is kept running when blowing up the tyres, so as not to run down the battery - though for the odd one or two psi corrections this hardly matters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Air compressor, 23 Aug 2009
Jan Wynants "TooTall" (Hasselt, Belgium) - See all my reviews
I routinely carry a small compact air compressor on my motorbike. In 13.000km's I already had to use it once myself, and twice to help others. After getting a new set of rubber for my car, the tire-shop owner told me my tire pressures were a bit off, but consistently off. So, I searched for a solution to this problem.

At home I have a big compressor, the kind that makes you jump 3 feet high when you turn it on. It's also big, and unwieldy. And not accessible by car. In comes the reviewed small, portable compressor.

It connects to the standard 12V socket, using a cable long enough to reach left front and rear tires in one go. You will then need to pass the unit to the other side of the cab to do the other side. It has a needle-adapter to inflate soccer balls and the like, and another attachment I have no idea what it's for. It fits on the car tubes with a screwcap, a hiss tells you you broke the seal. Then the display gives you an accurate reading. You can choose different settings, psi, Bar and Kpa. Also auto-inflate or manually choose a level.

All in all, highly recommended to have one of these in your care. Just hold it when you start to inflate something, otherwise it'll bounce into the road. And it makes quite a lot of noise too!