4.0 out of 5 stars Ring RAC600 digital compressor
Actually quite a good product.
Good points:
Published 19 months ago by Bryn Davies

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM.
Published 11 months ago by HAL

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM., 11 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Ring Automotive RAC600 12V Digital Air Compressor Including Storage Bag (Automotive)
I made the typical mistake of buying cheaply, and what a waste of money this item has been. It was in perfect working order on arrival, and used it just the once as a trial to see how effective it was. Straightforward to use, no problems. Therefore, it remained stored carefully in the boot of my car with tool kit for emergencies. Ten months later, I needed to use it in an emergency, stuck in the middle of a potentially dangerous situation in a very remote location. This was only the second time I had used it, but the compressor completely failed to work. The entire item completely failed despite being used only once before and being kept perfectly clean and safe in original packaging in a rigid tool container. Good job I had a spare foot pump. That was £21 wasted, better spent on a few enjoyable pints down the pub than this piece of s***. I will be investing in a Viair, as I should have done in the first place. Potential customers take note!

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed on first use, 21 Jun. 2014
Thought I would give this a try as I wanted a mobile compressor. I have the excellent RING RAC750 which hasn't let me down in years but you do need to plug it in at the mains (no cigarette lighter option).

Started to inflate my car tyre 3 seconds later it cut out - but still made a noise. Deflated the tyre incase it was the preset cut off kicking in - as reported by others - but no, a noise but no pressure increase. Finally, tried a completely flat bike tyre - still no joy.
Then noticed a rattling noise - tipped it to the side and shook out a small metal cylinder. Clearly faulty. So I have sent it back for a refund.

The refund will cost me unfortunately as, for my convenience, I took it to the post office, and the 2nd class postage charge will cost me more than the maximum amazon will refund. Oh well another mistake.

I will look for a quality foot pump instead for keeping in the car for emergencies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ring RAC600 digital compressor, 19 July 2013
Bryn Davies (Taunton, Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
Actually quite a good product.
Good points:
Seems accurate enough when I compared it with a draper tyre pressure gauge. Useful cut-off function when it reaches the pressure you choose. Light could be handy in the dark. Lead from socket is long enough. Hose is long enough. Connector is the screw-on type, which is good for purposes of getting a good seal and no 'popping off' unlike some inflators. Not too noisy. Quicker inflation-rate than some. Nice case to keep it in.
Bad points:
Case to keep it in is a bit snug - half a centimetre bigger on each side would make getting it in and out much easier. Storage of 12v cable within the compressor body is also a bit small - have to be careful when wrapping it back up or it won't all fit. Risk of crossing the hose connector thread if you screw it on incorrectly - just have to be careful there.
Conclusion:
Not a product to use when you're in a rush, but if you're taking your time it seems fine, and inflation speed is better than many - I would choose it again, and recommend it to anyone who has enough patience to wrap things up and put away properly!

2.0 out of 5 stars Ring RAC600, 18 July 2013
Owned for just over a year. Ideal for occasional use when there's a cue at the petrol station. However, if you have a slow leak that needs inflating once a week for example, you will soon kill it. Why didn't I get the tyre repaired? It was due to alloy wheels and the tyre was still good for a couple of thousand miles.
Also, as mentioned by other reviewers, the auto cut off was unreliable. Only use on manual.
For the price it did good service and better than some others I have tried. Occasional use only.

2.0 out of 5 stars Was great - until the display/sensor stopped working, 2 Dec. 2013
I bought this two years ago and thought it was brilliant at first. The auto cut-off function was really useful, and the display and memory easy to use. However, I noticed after about a year that it became a bit temperamental as to when the display would function correctly (usually playing up when I was in a hurry!) and now after two years the display is permanently stuck at 0 bar, and none of the buttons have any effect on this. Quite disappointed as it's probably only been used about 12-16 times and is now useless as I have no idea what pressure the tyres are, so can't even use it manually :-(
UPDATE: it works! But only when warm. I've worked out that if the inflator is kept in the cold the led won't work (condensation maybe?). Whatever the case, if I bring the inflator into the house for a while before use it works no problems, straight out of the boot of car on a cool day and it won't!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very short lived, 15 April 2014
I have to agree with the other one star reviews. After a few uses all the digital gizmos and the torch stopped working. It still inflates but I have to use a separate pressure gauge which is inconvenient to say the least. Definitely one to avoid.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works and works well, 16 Nov. 2013
M. Beardwell (Bristol U.K.) - See all my reviews
Some reviews are good and some are bad for this pump and my verdict is its a good buy.
Not sure what some people are looking for but for me I was after a pump that would inflate my car tyres to 34 and 31 psi this pump does it with ease and shuts off when at the right pressure.
Some people say it takes a long time ??? I did 4 tyres to the correct pressure in less than 15 minutes start to finish, it would take me longer to get to a petrol station and cost me at least £1 for the fresh air I would be using.
While the light is no good for anything further than 2 feet away it serves it's purpose which is all you need it for.
The pressure gauge seems to be almost the same accuracy as my pocket gauge from a well known motor store.
While the lead is pretty long you may need to feed it through the door on one side of your car then the other but this is only to be expected, it's a tight fit to get the lead back into the unit but it will fit. The case is a practical touch and keeps it stored nicely in the boot.
All in all well worth 4 stars. I'm more than happy.

1.0 out of 5 stars absolute waste of money, 30 Mar. 2013
this is the second one i have had and it just about lasted a year ! and i only used it twice ! cheap nasty good for nothing a fool and his money true on this crap.

4.0 out of 5 stars has been doing a great job for a few months now, 1 Sept. 2014
Works really well, has been doing a great job for a few months now. I would have given 5 stars if it was a little easier to use. The instructions and method of setting different pressures could be considered a little confusing. However leaving it on one setting and just turning it on and off for automatic pressure checking and top-up is straight forward. Luckily the instructions sit nicely in the lid of the case for reference when needed. The space for tidying the hose and wire away is also a little fiddly, but it is probably the price you pay for a compact compressor. Once the wire and hose are away it sits nicely in the supplied case.
A nice unit, neat case, and good price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent inflator for the price., 9 Feb. 2015
Having the need to be able to inflate the tyres on my car I decided to go for this digital inflator.
Firstly, I have only used it a few times but it does seem that it inflates the tyres from 26psi to 35psi in less than 30 seconds. The RAC 600 has a build in light in case you need to use it in dark with a flash mode. Comes with a cigarette lighter connector with ample cord length to cater to front and rear tyres of most saloons. Has the auto cut off feature which means that you will not be over inflating your tyre. Has the feature to store the pressure in the memory. The inflator has 2 compartments for the power cord and the inflating tube. While you can get the inflator tube to fit into the compartment, it is quite impossible to get the power cord back in its compartment (I have given up after a few tries). Comes with an attachment if you need to inflate footballs etc. Also included is a carry bag/pouch for the inflator. Not quite sure what the maximum pressure is , as it is not listed anywhere on the website or on the box itself.
The only other inflator in comparison that I checked was the one from Halford's which was £10 more expensive hence decided to go with this one.