5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant cable for the money
Used this cable as an upgrade for my Denon m-37 and made a noticable difference, an absolute bargain of a cable
Published on 20 Mar 2011 by GB

3.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended for bright systems
Published on 27 Sep 2011 by John Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant cable for the money, 20 Mar 2011
This review is from: QED Classic 79 Strand Speaker Cable 10m (White) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound at an affordable price, 29 Jun 2011
P. Holt (Aberystwyth) - See all my reviews
I have used Qed 79 strand speaker cable for many years now and have always had no complaint with it. The cable improves both the bass and the treble giving the speakers a well balanced and natural sound. To top it all off it's still as cheap as chips. An absolute bargain, thoroughly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended for bright systems, 27 Sep 2011
Not bad cheap wire. I did find on my system these made my system noticeably brighter, and ever so slightly grainy - less smooth. This was more noticeable on hi-def audio (SACD and DVD-A). I switched in my old cables again, and everything was more tonally balanced again. So, not really the result I was after, but for this price I figured it was worth a punt, given the myriad glowing reviews. It could just be that my system is not suited to this wire (the B&W 685 speakers are very neutral, but the Cambridge Audio A5 amp is a little on the bright side). I shall audition the wire with my Rega Brio R amp when I get it soon, and update the review then.

Slightly annoyingly, there are no "-" or "+" markings on the sheaths, so a little care is required to ensure that the wires are connected to the correct terminals of the speaker or amp at each end (or that banana plugs are correctly coordinated).

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable value, but the seller doesn't divide it!, 24 May 2011
The Evil Doctor (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Amazon offered a good price for this popular cable, so I bought 2 x 10m lengths for my two rear speakers (JBL Studio 130's powered by Onkyo amp). I was surprised when it arrived that it was a single 20m length (the seller hadn't divided it into two lengths). Anyway I did this easily enough, and have been extremely impressed with the results. Firstly, the sound quality is SUPERB. Although rear speakers don't get the same amount of stress as the fronts, the sound quality is great and adds a lovely ambient quality. Second, the colour is great (mine go up the wall behind the sofa and blend in nicely with the paint). Note that they're not white, more an off-white (magnolia-esque) colour, which is better in my opinion. Lastly, they are small enough to feed under the carpet without leaving a visible sign that they're there. However, you can still feel the bump through the carpet, so if you're considering these, buy enough length to feed them around the edges of the room so nobody steps on them...!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 12 Nov 2012
Mr. K. Webster "true film" (manchester UK) - See all my reviews
You can't really go wrong with this cable for the price....I've used it for the last 15 years or so...no probs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 19 Sep 2013
Item arrived as one 10 metre length. It is a high quality product, with a discreet ridge on one strand so it is easy to itentify polarity. I had no problems stripping the ends and the sound from my speakers is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a difference, 4 May 2014
Upgrade in sound quality from other speaker cable is astonishing. Brilliant speaker cable. I recommend banana plugs to go with this cable.

4.0 out of 5 stars ideal, 16 April 2014
Gerry A. Cochrane (Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Does the job but the cable is thinner than I imagined. The picture suggests a thick quality cable but when delivered it resembles thin door bell wire, However it works fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting on but still good ., 27 Mar 2014
I am buying some of the hi fi from the 70s and 80s and this wire works well , and also with newer hifi will give good reaults

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 28 Jan 2014
I purchased this because i wanted to move my speakers away from where my amp is situated. They sound good and are reasonably discreet,so the wife is happy. Also, they stripped easily,which is more than i can say for some wire that I've had.