4.0 out of 5 stars Ahead of it`s time.
Published on 27 Mar. 2008 by Jeffrey Stafford

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing part
The print and sound quality is good refferringh the age of the pelicula. What is wery annoying and a great disapointment is the missing of the part in the beginning when Gabby sings the song "All's well"
Published 23 months ago by Jan Bruner

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Ahead of it`s time., 27 Mar. 2008
Jeffrey Stafford "born in the wrong era" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hoppity Goes To Town [DVD] [1941] (DVD)
Hoppity goes to town is a real gem of a film.It`s a time capsule of a bygone age. Watch it like you`ve never heard of CGI and just enjoy the funny side of 1940`s America. I just love Swat the fly and Smack the mosquito,the two "henchmen " of Mr Beetle,who`s a devious and grasping landlord and ardent wouldbe suitor of Mr Bumble`s daughter Honey. It`s probably my wife`s favourite animated film. I don`t know how many times she`s watched it-dozens at least.

4.0 out of 5 stars An old favourite cartoon spoiled by very poor quality picture reproducation, 23 April 2009
P. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hoppity Goes To Town [DVD] [1941] (DVD)
Recently bought, and much looked forward to, as Hoppity has been a favourite video in our family. I wanted a nice clear copy, to use into the future, but was so disappointed at the quality of the DVD. Like a home copied dvd. Fuzzy and pixels (picture breaking up into little squares) showing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 6 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Hoppity Goes To Town [DVD] [1941] (DVD)
When I was a small child I must of watched this film at least 4 times a week. I wore the video out.

A beautiful time capsule of the start of feature length animation, and the music isnt half bad either!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gem, 25 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Hoppity Goes To Town [DVD] [1941] (DVD)
My mum introduced me to this film (still have it taped off the tv, though the tape is very worn!), and it's always ranked as one of my most favourite films, never mind animated films! It is ahead of it's time in many ways, there is something about the style and humour that's one step forward. The animation is just beautiful, and the songs move from adorable to beautiful too. It's heartwarming and "cutesy", yet it maintains a real sense of drama too. Downside: I only wish we can get a better quality DVD release at some point, since I suspect us animation fans are missing out at the moment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost in time, 11 May 2009
This review is from: Hoppity Goes To Town [DVD] [1941] (DVD)
I adore this early colour animated American film, it has brilliant characters and it is a fantastic story of little insects living alongside the Humans, they are in danger of being stepped on or dug up by building site workers, and just want a danger free, happy existence. Not sure how mnay times I watched it as a child, but i recall my Dad calling me to come home because this film was on again and he knew I really liked watching it! Will get this on DVD as soon as but i am concerend about the review of the low qaulity DVD that 1 post mentioned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoppity, 18 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Hoppity Goes To Town [DVD] [1941] (DVD)
This DVD film is a good family film as it has everything from the bad guy "C.Bagley Beatle" to the hero "Hoppity" the film is full of good musical scores making it much more fun to watch. Highly recomended..

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoppity returns to U.K., 7 Feb. 2010
Mr. David F. Lodge (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hoppity Goes To Town [DVD] [1941] (DVD)
After many years this terrific feature length animated cartoon has become available in U.K.It definitely ranks with Disney for style, colour and story. The music is great, scored by Hoagy Carmichael. Nobody who is interested in 1940s films of this genre should hesitate in seeing this.

5.0 out of 5 stars a bygone era Shrek, 21 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Hoppity Goes To Town [DVD] [1941] (DVD)
A latter day Shrek, animation far ahead of its time when it was created, sheer delight.

5.0 out of 5 stars 40ies cartoon., 19 April 2011
This review is from: Hoppity Goes To Town [DVD] [1941] (DVD)
recommended by a friend. Viewed it, liked it and bought it. The art work is quite remarkable and really puts Disney in his place. I suppose an adult cartoon as it carries a strong moral message which the younger people would find boring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood Cartoon - well loved, 11 April 2010
This review is from: Hoppity Goes To Town [DVD] [1941] (DVD)
I just remember watching this cartoon once as a child, and somehow the story or characters have never left my mind. Perhaps it was my first 'grown up' cartoon and I picked up about the goodies vs the baddies and my first taste of eco-ism! I was pretty much watching the sillier but still great fun cartoons such as Flintstones, Pink Panther, Road Runner, etc, but this particular film/cartoon made an impact on me. It took me a while to remember the actual name of the film as I thought it was called 'Mr. Bug goes to Town'....but now I've watched it, I'm a happy bunny!
It's a classic film/cartoon, and one to stay in my collection for as long as we have DVD players!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Hoppity Goes To Town [DVD] [1941]
Hoppity Goes To Town [DVD] [1941] by Dave Fleischer (DVD - 2007)