4.0 out of 5 stars Basic but good value
I bought this as a starter set to teach my daughter chess.

Generally the set is fine and good value for the money. It's not finished brilliantly but I expect that with use it will mellow. The box is robust enough and all the peices fit in without too much struggle.

A good set for general use. Nothing that you'd want to leave out as a display.
Published on 26 Sept. 2010 by Matthew Coe

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, don't buy it
This quality of this chess set is just awful. I didn't expect much for this price, but the quality of the item was below any acceptable level. The board/box is made of ill fitting rough cheap wood. The pieces are dreadful too. I see that there are several 5 star reviews on this product. I cannot believe they got the same set.
Published 8 months ago by Max

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic but good value, 26 Sept. 2010
Matthew Coe (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Folding Chess Wooden Games Set (Toy)
I bought this as a starter set to teach my daughter chess.

A good set for general use. Nothing that you'd want to leave out as a display.

5.0 out of 5 stars Folding wooden chess set, 20 May 2010
R. B. Jeffs - See all my reviews
This review is from: Folding Chess Wooden Games Set (Toy)
This chess set is in excellent condition and great value for money. Prompt delivery. I would recommend your company to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Eric Smith East Yorks, 19 July 2009
This review is from: Folding Chess Wooden Games Set (Toy)
I purchased this as an aid to teaching my young grandson chess. It is a very good first time chess set at a very good price.Folding Wooden Chess Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, don't buy it, 8 Sept. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars nice little portable chess set, 18 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Folding Chess Wooden Games Set (Toy)
Nice cheap potable little chess set ideal for a child. I bought it for my nephew he is 7 and is learning to play with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Show, 30 Jun. 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Folding Chess Wooden Games Set (Toy)
I bought this item on the back of reviews that were generally good. However, I have never received such a crappy item. If my 13 year old son had made this in woodwork I have been proud but as a purchase....come on. The box is literally bolser wood and does not sit flat. The pieces....as for being ideal as a started set are not clearly distinguishable from each other except by size. The box had such an awful chemically smell I had to leave it is the shed. I bought this to take on holiday but (a) I'd be too embarrassed to be seen with it and (b) the smell will no doubt taint all my clothes. I suppose it is cheap but that says it all!!! I can't even be bothered to return it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chess set, 25 Sept. 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Folding Chess Wooden Games Set (Toy)
This chess set is ideal for a beginner - inexpensive but not flimsy, and the pieces ar quite clearly distinct, unlike other small set where the bishop and queen may be hard to tell apart.

1.0 out of 5 stars My daughter would not recommend this product to anybody because this present was unusable ..., 3 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Folding Chess Wooden Games Set (Toy)
This item was ordered as a present for my 8 yr old grandson - when it arrived at his home address the box was damaged and when it was opened by my daughter the actual playing board was flimsy and not well made and was also damaged as well. My daughter would not recommend this product to anybody because this present was unusable on arrival. The manufacture was also not good and even though this product was not the cheapest, the quality of the product was so poor that it could have been perceived to be the cheapest. Would not recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chess-tastic, 31 May 2011
This review is from: Folding Chess Wooden Games Set (Toy)
A good, reliable chess set, which is ideal for beginners or taking on your travels. Very good delivery, too, so all in all a very satisfactory purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 8 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Folding Chess Wooden Games Set (Toy)
This chess board is the worst I have ever recieved.
The pieces are not too bad but the chess board itself is not in allignment.
What I mean is that when you unfold the board the black and white squares are not properly alligned.
They are a bit out which makes for a slightly confusing board.
I went cheap and got stung for it, my own fault.
I'm sure there are other quite reasonable cheap sets out there just don't get this 1 if you want your board to be symetrical.

Folding Chess Wooden Games Set