5.0 out of 5 stars Great wee Item
Hi I just Bought the Dynamode USB 2.0 SATA External Housing for 2.5 inch HDD.

Well after reading the reviews on here once i had bought the Caddy I became thourghly depressed.

This was due to people had posted two completely false reviews of the product.

Two things that I wish to clarify are
1 The caddy accepts and works with larger...
Published on 13 May 2011 by The Saint

2.0 out of 5 stars Limited storage
I have not been able to use it because it can only take HDDs of up to 120G and you do not find this out until you read the specifications on the manual which comes with it. I wanted it for a 160G HDD and it does not work with this case.

Very disappointed!
Published on 5 Sep 2010 by Maria_ith

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars fit perfect, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Dynamode USB 2.0 SATA External Housing for 2.5 inch HDD (Electronics)
fit perfectly, turned my old macbook pro internal hard drive into an external one perfectly. Easy to fit too. Would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars SATA, 7 April 2014
High quality purchase, and useful for converting my internal hard drive into a normal backup hard drive. Great product. A+

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 2 Mar 2014
I have a few of these which house various laptop drives I have aquired. For the money they are great but not very forgiving, you need to use both USB connectors to power it but it won't work on every computer. It works fine on the laptops in our house but not on the main pc, I can only assume the pc isn't quite putting out the necessary voltage through the ports and that the Dynamode doesn't have much tolerance built in. I have still given it 5 stars because it does what I ask of it and I can't expect the same level of quality in manufacture of the circuit board as a more expensive unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality bit of kit, 1 Mar 2014
The case is aluminium with plastic ends.
The installation of the hard drive is easy.
The necessary accessories are supplied with it.
Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and does the job, 1 Oct 2013
I have put my old hard drive from my 2009 macbook in here and it works perfectly. The fit is pretty good though I might put some cardboard in as there is a tiny bit of movement. I only needed to plug in one of the USB leads (I chose the fatter longer one). Most importantly, the mac recognises it and I can boot from it. I don't like the shiny aluminium finish but it's not important.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 21 Sep 2013
I bought this for a little home network setup with a Raspberry Pi. It works well enough but after a few days the Pi stops reading the hard disk and the enclosure needs to be switched off and on again. Great for occasional access.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got 3 of these, 15 Sep 2013
I tested these USB/SATA bridge converter housings with several devices:

Compact Flash and SD-Card SATA converter = good, works well

SATA 2.5" hard disks, various types and makes = good, works well

I found out that the older hard disks may require more power than the one USB socket. in this case you have the two sockets in the supplied cable and you have to use both USB connections to provide stable power.

In addition, the previous tip (suggested here) is good: 'cut out the a cardboard packing shape to pack out space in the housing' is good advice. No rattle when transporting hard disks and additional protection of electronic circuit considering that the housing is metal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Old harddrive, make it portable!, 4 Sep 2013
Had an old SATA drive laying around that I thought I could use as an external drive, so I looked for an enclosure and stumbled upon this, great price and it performs well for it. Would recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dynamode USB 2.0 SATA External Housing for 2.5 inch HDD, 28 Aug 2013
The Dynamode USB 2.0 SATA External Housing for 2.5 inch HDD is perfect for laptop internal hard drives. This one works perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can be used with secondary powering, 10 Aug 2013
Good for any SATA-connected 2.5 magnetic or solid state. Y-style USB-lead means data-trxfer and power can come from different sources (to clarify: 5v only, but probably a few hundred mA.)

Stylish and tough - great.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›