5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort and quality.
Published on 16 April 2008 by Michael Braithwaite

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound and features but inferior design and comfort.
I wanted another headset that was mini-jack and as these were dual purpose, a seemingly rare option, they appeared to fit the bill nicely.

They were delivered within three days of ordering so no complaints there.

Sound quality is very good (at both ends, I'm told!) so no complaints there, either.

On the down side, compared to my existing,...
Published on 10 April 2009 by Mr. Blobby,

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound and features but inferior design and comfort., 10 April 2009
This review is from: Plantronics .Audio 625 USB Stereo Headset (Accessory)

They were delivered within three days of ordering so no complaints there.

On the down side, compared to my existing, similarly priced, two-year old (but seemingly no longer available) USB Logitech set, design of this Plantronic headset is very basic and they are considerably less comfortable to wear due to a stiffer headband making them rather tight on the ears and (despite my pen name above!) I really don't have a big head! This is not helped by the ear pads being rather hard and flat and having no padded ear cushions. By contrast, and in addition, the sliding adjustment of the headband lacks stiffness and you may find yourself having to continually re-adjust them.

I did buy these with the intention of them becoming my primary set but whilst the added features of a volume control and dual connection are handy to have but not necessarily or continually vital for my purposes, the relative lack of comfort has let them down, especially when worn for an hour or more!

In fact, unlike my Logitechs, I certainly doubt that I could ever again get up and walk away from the computer having forgotten that I was still wearing a headset and, for that reason, despite this possibly favourable and subtle "safety feature", I'll be keeping the Plantronics as a secondary pair only!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort and quality., 16 April 2008
Michael Braithwaite (England) - See all my reviews
If your like me you have searched high and low for a good gaming headset. I wanted something light in weight and comfy on my big ears as other sets I had bought in the past bruised them. These tick all the boxes. They are light weight and they put no pressure on your ears so a 3-4 hour BF2 session doesn't leave you feeling like you have played prop-forward for a local rugby scrum. The mic is excellent to and all my friends hear me clearly. All in all these are great value for money and with the USB adaptor feature you dont have to go digging behind your desktop to plug em in. If your looking for a well priced winner these are it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Skye head phones, 16 Feb 2009
This review is from: Plantronics .Audio 625 USB Stereo Headset (Accessory)
I needed a head phone set for Skype conversations over 30 mins long.
This product work out of the box and is comfortable.
Only down side after 30 mins my ears become a bit warm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal Clear Mic & Headphones!!!, 6 Feb 2009
Mr. R. S. Brown "Musician, IT Guy" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plantronics .Audio 625 USB Stereo Headset (Accessory)
I highly rate and recommend these headsets. I have bought 6 pairs so far....2 for personal use and 4 for work. After 100's of hours use I have not experienced any problems. Primarily I use them for Skype, where they truly excel. Everybody I know that have used these headsets say they experience crystal clarity at both ends. The headsets also have a surprisingly good sound quality for listening to music with loadsa bass!! For this kinda money you can not go wrong.. They even come with a USB adaptor so that you have a choice of input connection. So...decision made then!! Buy these headsets ; )

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 23 Feb 2009
Davy (N.Yorks, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plantronics .Audio 625 USB Stereo Headset (Accessory)
Bought for use on Skype. Very good sound quality on headphones and mic, comfortable to use. The USB adaptor is useful to save crawling round the back of my desktop to plug in and unplug.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 25 May 2009
This review is from: Plantronics .Audio 625 USB Stereo Headset (Accessory)
Great quality for skype on an Apple Mac - I was astonished how good it was. It would be better with a direct USB connection - currently you have to plug two leads into the supplied USB converter and then plug that into the Mac, which is not ideal - but it does work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for communicating with people, not great for voice analysis/recognition, 6 Sep 2008
J. S. Hardman "Consultant software developer ... (Near London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I bought this headset for use primarily with a PC-based language course (Rosetta Stone Polish). Unfortunately, for this particular usage, the headset isn't brilliant. The arm for the microphone is simply not adjustable enough to get the microphone positioned exactly where it needs to be for the sound analysis part of Rosetta Stone to pick up the sound reliably enough. I therefore have to hold the arm of the microphone to get my voice picked up by the software for the comparison with a native speaker to match accurately. Before anyone suggests it, yes I have adjusted the audio settings in Control Panel to see if that helps. With the arm held in the correct place the microphone is great. The headset is also great for listening. The only problem is that the arm is not adjustable enough. If it was, I would give this five stars instead of three. As it is, I suspect I will soon get so annoyed at having to hold the arm every time I speak that I will chuck this headset and go searching for another.

So, if you want a headset for Skype etc then this is probably going to be great for you - the audio is certainly good enough for a human to listen to and understand. But if you want a headset for use with language courses where the software analyses your speech patterns, then you may want something more adjustable - I certainly do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget for the money!, 13 May 2009
D. Pooley (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plantronics .Audio 625 USB Stereo Headset (Accessory)
I spent ages trying to find the right headset for me - something substantial enough to take lot of travelling but still be compact enough to throw in my hand luggage. This is it. Great product and great service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better then my Previous Set, 12 April 2009
M. Ansari "SAJ" (UK) - See all my reviews
Positives-
In terms of voice chat, the microphone is good at picking up even the slightest sound while still filtering background noise out.
My previous microphone used to cause lot of /hiss noise, but this seems to cut out out all. Very impressed so far.

The headphone is good enough for chat but its obviously not made for listing music/movies. There a huge difference when I switch to my HD202 SENNHEISER for music or movies.

Although USB and Input jacks gives a big advantage.

Negatives-
No cushion causes some distress on my head after keeping it on for hours.
I also felt some pain on my ears after few hours of gaming.

The most irritating problem I've found while using the input jacks via the USB is that the connection tends to cut-off and re-connect. While on Skype my microphone sensitivity goes down to an extent that my buddies can't hear me so end up loging on/off. :(
I think this is the major issue with using input jacks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good results with Skype, 26 May 2010
This review is from: Plantronics .Audio 625 USB Stereo Headset (Accessory)
Had been looking around for a good headset to use with Skype calls. Had used Plantronics items before at work, but didn't want to spend too much as I'm still evaluating the call quality in Skype. This turned out to be a good buy for the money - works with either USB or 3.5mm jacks to fits a variety of machines I use.
Not sure how comfortable it would be for extended use - I tend to use it 5-10 mins at a time and take it off, imagine wearing it for a few hours would be uncomfortable. Overall good.

Plantronics .Audio 625 USB Stereo Headset