Style Name: Square|Size: 2.0 L|Change

on 8 August 2013
I have started buying these containers as I have arthritis in my thumbs.
They are perfect for my use and I now have 5.
The 3.8 ltr size is great for a full bag of flour but too big for my storage space and a bit big for me to handle.
I exchanged it for the 2.3 ltr rectangular oxo good grips pop container. I find the rectangular shape easier to grip and a better fir for storage.
The 2.3 takes almost a full bag of flour and I will order more of these containers.
HOWEVER it would bw great if there was a 2.5 rectangular size as this would take the full bag of flour without the lid touching the flour.
Really great containers.
on 26 September 2013
These are good looking, very functional storages.
However, just be aware not to put the whole lid in the dishwasher!!!
I was in a hurry the other day, and without much thought, put the lid on the top shelf of my dishwasher. Half an hour later, the lid top turned yellow, and the button in longer works.... I did then twisted open the lid, wiped dry any remaining water (even used hair dryer!!). But the button still stick quite badly. My fault for not thinking, but just be careful with yours!
My room is two flights up and completely across the house from the kitchen, consisting of a round trip by `foot', of approximately two hundred paces. Therefore, I use/need the OXO small Jar on my space challenged computer desk and OXO small jar holds about 2 lbs. of almonds, my late night munch snack.

This compact jar fits in the back, next to the computer monitor, and the oval skid proof base keeps the jar from sliding off the desk. The angled opening is large and circular, easy and perfect for reaching in to take a few almonds at a time. The pop-up button lid is a convenient handle and serves as a one handed movement to remove and replace the cover, and to seal in the freshness, keeping my almonds airtight, and fresh. The clear-view jar enables viewing the contents and visually seeing the amount, so it is not necessary to open the airtight seal the way a ceramic canister requires. I also appreciate the fact that OXO products are BPA free.

Sometimes when you are able to find a product that fulfills a very specific need; it just makes life a little easier, and this OXO small airtight jar is one of those items.
on 29 December 2014
I love the pop containers, they're the only food storage I use now. I use this size for my spices.

A few notes on what fits as this was information I wanted whilst choosing sizes:

I find it fits approx 95g of fine ground spices like ground cumin, turmeric etc. As a guideline, if you're emptying the standard glass spice/herb pot things you get from supermarkets/Bart/Schwartz, I usually fit 2-3 of those to 1 container (but there are cheaper ways to buy of course).

I also use one for Maldon salt flakes, I think it fits about 90g of those, I reckon you'd need the 0.9L container to do a whole standard packet but I haven't checked.

I bought some little blackboard labels so I know what everything is, looks cute on the pantry shelves.
review image
on 7 April 2013
Keeps the biccies nice 'n' fresh and is a really good size with ample room for a couple of packets. Only thing is I thought it was glass when I ordered it but it turned out to be plastic however that's probably a good thing as it's easier to clean out and less likely to smash. Would happily order again.
on 1 April 2009
I use this container to store the bread in that I make with my Panasonic Breadmaker. I have owned and discarded many Bread tins, most of them weren't fit for purpose (difficult to clean and therefore gathering mould, chipping paint, rust, warping wooden lids...you name it!). This Container has a good air seal, goes in the dishwasher and best of all you can see from outside how much bread is left. I use it in combination with the 2.3l square and the 1.4l for crispy bread.
on 20 December 2010
I have used various storage boxes but these are the best. Good and robust, thick walled which does not scratch easily. The sealed lid is easy to operate just one push to open or close. The lid comes apart for easy cleaning. The only thing to watch is that as the lid is very thick (because of the locking mechanism) it is quite easy to overfill and the lid does then not fit. a load line would be helpful.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 September 2011
I only came across these containers recently but will be slowly buying up the range and replacing some of the inferior containers currently in my cupboards. This size holds my herbal tea bags and keeps them nice and fresh!

The design of these pop lids is excellent - press on the 'pop' mechanism and it comes up and releases the seal meaning the lid can easily be lifted off. They are sturdy and the clear plastic obviously means the contents can be viewed inside easily. Put the lid back on and press the 'pop' mechanism down and it's sealed again. They are a little pricey but I think the excellent functional design and quality means they are well worth the money, recommended!
on 28 December 2012
I have several of these containers now in different sizes which I use to store cereals, dried fruit etc. They are well made and fit close together and if necessary stack on top of eachother. The lids work very well and open or close with only one hand. The rounded corners enable oats/rice/sugar etc. to be poured easily. I like them very much.
on 21 April 2010
The size of the container makes it easy to grab with one hand, even when full, which is always handy if you place it on a high shelf. The lid feels sturdy enough to last for a long time and its shape makes it ideal for (confident) stacking. It is made of high quality plastic that is easy to clean. Washing the lid requires a bit of disassembly, but it is definitely not rocket science.
The only downside and hence only four stars, is that the plastic used is prone to static electricity. So if you use the container to store powder-like substances (like flour or ground coffee), they might slowly creep up to the brim and to the silicone seal, where they stick till washed.