5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect container for dry goods
Published on 12 April 2011 by Andy Alford

1.0 out of 5 stars oxo box
I love these oxo boxes they are brilliant. Good to keep all sorts of things in, coffee, sugar , flour, rice ect.
Published 15 months ago by alipali

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect container for dry goods, 12 April 2011
I love these containers, and have all of my coffee tea and sugar stored in this size. The 0.9L tall size is ideal for storing this type of products. Worth pointing out though, that the lid has a moving seal which is a fuss to clean, so I wouldn't consider putting wet goods in them, or anything that would require pulling it apart for regular cleaning - the convenience of a quick open & close would quickly be lost. (Also I would avoid the very small sizes, as they take up all your cupboard space and don't store very much.) I use a selection of the 0.9L square lid, and 1.4L rectangular lids (for flour, etc.) Love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, but effective, 2 Feb. 2009
Bluebell (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I've switched to these containers for storing my various teas and find that the push-down button system for creating an air-tight seal works well. They are easy to handle and lighter-weight when full than glass containers. The ease of opening and sealing the lids makes them particularly suit storing things that one uses frequently, such as tea. I can store 8 of these smart-looking containers on a shelf in a standard 50cm wide and 30cm deep kitchen wall-cupboard. The 0.9 litre capacity easily stores 0.25kg loose-leaf tea or 50 tea-bags. I think these containers are more suitable for storing dry goods such as flour, tea, coffee or biscuits and would not be so good for wet or oily foods that might get into the pop-up/down mechanism for creating the air-seal.

4.0 out of 5 stars ox so simple, 30 Nov. 2012
This review is from: OXO Good Grips POP Container Square, 2.0 Litre (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this to store spaghetti and match up with a larger one we use for rice. i love the ease of use of these. When put on the worktop just one finger on the button on the top the button pops up and the airtight seal is released, then simply lift the lid off. There is no fighting aganst an airtight seal to force the lid open, or messing about with clip catches. These pour really well too as there is no ridge or lip on the container as you would normally find on most tupperware. A little pricey.. but woth it. Robust and well built.. these will last for many years. I opted not to buy the smaller volume containers as you 'lose' the top inch of storage to the lid fitting inside the container.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent design, 17 Sept. 2011
Alison "Kindle Allie" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I only came across these containers recently but will be slowly buying up the range and replacing some of the inferior containers currently in my cupboards. This size holds my herbal tea bags and keeps them nice and fresh!

The design of these pop lids is excellent - press on the 'pop' mechanism and it comes up and releases the seal meaning the lid can easily be lifted off. They are sturdy and the clear plastic obviously means the contents can be viewed inside easily. Put the lid back on and press the 'pop' mechanism down and it's sealed again. They are a little pricey but I think the excellent functional design and quality means they are well worth the money, recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars OXO Good Grip Container, 12 April 2009
I am very pleased with this item it is a good size and the sealing mechanism works very well

5.0 out of 5 stars Food containers that work, 22 Jan. 2011
This is long enough for spaghetti unlike the one we took back to Tesco! It joins a family of OXO containers that are enable visual stock control (see through!) and are easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars POP containers, 19 Dec. 2010
These are the best storage containers I have ever used. They are very easy to open, even one handed. They also stack on top of each other so do not take up a lot of space.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful invention!, 29 Sept. 2013
They look neat, and the pop-up seal is so efficient and easy to use, especially when I'm on auto-pilot trying to get the tea-bags and sugar together for my first cup of tea in the morning. I've seen a similar pop-up mechanism on containers from Wilko's, half the price, but they involve delving for a hinged handle and until I've had that first cuppa, that would be just too complicated for my poor half-awake fingers.

The main downside is that the plastic is quite fragile/brittle, more vulnerable to getting broken than the 'tupperware' sort of plastic. One of my containers arrived cracked at the bottom corner, but Amazon replaced it immediately - thank you.

If you prefer to have them non-see-through, or want them to match your kitchen colours, do what I did and take out the glossy paper liner, put fablon (or similar) over the outside of it, cut the fablon so that it covers the liner exactly, and then replace it inside the container.

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy, 2 Mar. 2009
these containers are wonderfully easy to use. They open and shut like a dream! They are the best containers I have ever used

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye soggy biscuits!, 10 Dec. 2010
Dr. Herbert Goodwin (Wales) - See all my reviews
Once a packet of biscuits was started they lost their crispness in our caravan.
That was until I spotted this storage jar and found they stayed fresh for ages inside the container. The suction top makes an excellent air-tight seal, and no crumbs in the cupboard anymore. A few friends were so impressed they bought the storage container straight away.