1,049 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Deal I've Seen!
These Hunter wellies are the best quality product that can be had.
The colour in the picture (Iris) is accurate and the price (£51.99) was extremely impressive - especially considering the unusual colours usually sell-out at the full price (around £69.00)

Would have liked to have known whether the boots run true-to-size; I had to look elsewhere to find out...
Published on 12 Jan 2011 by TigerLilly

2.0 out of 5 stars Hunter wellingtons
Published on 31 Dec 2009 by Mr. A. D. Ashley

2.0 out of 5 stars Hunter wellingtons, 31 Dec 2009
I have been wearing Hunter wellingtons for 40 years and they have been up and down in quality several times. Some years ago they got very thin and weak. Then they started making them in Scotland by a dipping process and these were very strong. These are characterised by rather wavy lines at the back, white plastic labels on the soles and especially by no seam in the cloth inside. If you can find a pair, they should last. A couple of years ago Hunters nearly went broke and now the boots are being made in the far east and not by the dipping process, despite what some suppliers tell you. Some of them were never told about the change and some have even rejected them when they found out. There were containers of them sitting at the docks in Britain for months having been rejected. The foreign ones are very neat at the back and have seams in the cloth inside. As a director of Hunters admitted to me, the new ones are not nearly as strong as the Scottish dipped ones. I think it is an outrage that people are still charging about £60 for these boots. They will begin to crack after literally just a few days use. There is no hope now that they will ever be making them properly again. If you want a pair for one year at Glastonbury, OK, but for serious use they are a complete waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hunter, the disposable welly, 6 April 2011
My last pair of Hunters were the original, green wellies (when Original meant original, hand made in Scotland). They fit like bespoke kid gloves and they gave me more than 15 years of comfortable-as-slippers, leak-free service. They probably walked 100's of miles over tarmac, concrete, sand, mud, through water and the sea and I often rode horses in them. Despite the high price tag, they were money invested and I swore I'd never wear any other wellies than Hunters after that... Until, they moved their manufacturing to China. I was completely shocked at the speed at which my latest pair gave up the ghost, after just over a year. I'd NEVER buy another pair of Hunters again, I've heard the same complaint about the Chinese-made Hunters over and over again. They're not what they once were, you are paying for the brand and NOTHING more. Hunter, if you read these reviews, get your act together, your loyal customers are dropping like flies and no amount of catwalk exposure will entice them to put their feet in your boots again until they see 'Made in Scotland' back on that label.

1.0 out of 5 stars Splitting boots, 2 Dec 2009
H. A. Roberts (Dorset. UK) - See all my reviews
Had a pair of Hunters for over 6 years, with bo problems, but the last two pairs of Hunters I purchased recently both failed after about 15 months - cracking badly around the ankle. Made the mistake of getting yet another pair, which did not even make 12 months. Same problem. The quality is just not the same. My trusty old Dunlops are now 10 years old, cost a tenner and are still going strong. Hunter - unless you listen to your customers and do something, it will be the end of your company. Shame.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hunter Wellies, 7 Oct 2010
Thanks for the warning - I had my first pair of Hunters for 22 years, and have now been through 3 pairs in 5 years just walking the dog. The last 2 pairs have split across the sole. They are not what they were and I shall be looking for an alternative.

1.0 out of 5 stars £50 for 18 months wear, 4 April 2012
NorfolkBooks "Norfolk Reviewer" (Norfolk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Having had numerous paris of cheapish wellingtons fail over the years I decided, about four years ago, to splash out on a pair of Hunters.

Well that pair lasted about two years but since I wear them a lot for walking the dog and working in the garden I thought that wasn't too bad and I bought another pair to replace them. I also decided to buy a pair of the Black working Hunters for use in the garden thus taking some of the strain off the new green ones. The result is that the pair I bought in October 2010 have had relatively light use but they have now sprung a leak. I appear to have worn through the sole towards the rear of the boot, though to be honest I can't really pinpoint exactly where the water is leaking in.

I'm afraid something around £50 for 18 months use hardly represents a good investment so with regret I shall be taking my business to another manufacturer.

2.0 out of 5 stars 18 months in...., 14 Nov 2009
Until recently I loved my wellies, but in the past couple of months both heels have split therefore letting in water when out walking in wet weather, leaving me with wet, cold uncomfortable feet. I thought they would have lasted a lot longer than the 18 months I've had them. In the past I've bought wellies at a fraction of the price which have lasted just as long!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Total Disappointment of Hunter Wellies, 8 Dec 2009
Hunter Boots are obviously living off their previous good reputation for great wellies. The current Hunter wellies I purchased have failed miserably just after the 12 month warranty expired. They have cracked and are splitting all around letting water in after very little use just walking on the grassland.After contacting Hunter Boots I was informed that the warranty only covers them for the 12 months and basically they are not interested. I am no longer fooled that todays Hunter wellies are in any way comparable with those produced in the past.They are obviously totally useless if you require a wellington which keeps out the water.They are a complete waste of money and cannot be recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hunters Original High Gloss, 14 Sep 2010
I am very disappointed with the Hunters Wellies, I have had 2 pairs within 12 months and both have worn thru on the sole, I wear them for about an hour a day and walk on various terrain. You can buy a cheap pair of wellies at a 3rd of the price that will last as long as these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyers Beware, 29 Mar 2009
I had a pair of Hunter wellies for six years and they were excellent, then I bought a pair in 2007 and they lasted approximately 12 months and then literally fell apart, I returned them to Hunter and the customer service feedback I received was downright rude and unhelpful. They offered no explanation as to why this particular pair of "Hunters" were in a complete state of disrepair, would not admit negligence and even refused to refund my postage because in their words -
"they didnt ask me to send them to head office for inspection"

I think its a disgrace that a huge reputable firm like this treat valued customers in this way, clearly their manufacturer has changed over the time I bought my second pair to save costs. Although the price of the boot itself had increased by approx £10 per pair. The first pair were brilliant and I walked miles and miles in them and rode my horses everyday in them and they were in better shape when I threw them away than the ones I'd had for only a year.

I would not buy "Hunters" again, although I wouldnt advise other people not too either, but be warned if you do have a problem it probably wont be resolved in a satisfactory and professional manner, I just hope you dont get "Mrs Rude Attitude" like I did !!!

1.0 out of 5 stars hunter chocolate wellies w23499, 20 Nov 2011
I am so disappointed with my wellies I purchased in good faith especially on Amazon & after hearing from a number of people how great Hunters were & how they last years! Well mine haven't even lasted 5 months the heels have worn right through letting in water! Amazon are very unhelpful I Would NOT recommend Hunters & have totally lost my confidence in Amazon! I am very unhappy customer