5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product
Alot of mixed reviews for this. Its important to get the right size; if the glove is too tight then it'll restrict bloodflow to the hand and you'll feel cold.
Published on 7 May 2010 by P. Schilbach

2.0 out of 5 stars They don't keep your hands warm!
They may be waterproof, close fitting, have great grippy bits, but unfortunately, they don't keep your hands warm, which is obviously the whole point of gloves!

I measured using the sealskinz glove size indicator, and the gloves were too big.
Published on 3 Mar 2010 by Kaz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 7 May 2010
P. Schilbach (Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sealskinz Waterproof Ultra grip Gloves, Black, Medium: 9 (Misc.)
The gloves are totally waterproof however the cuff is not. The outer layer of the gloves soaks up water which will eventually make its way to the cuff and through to the inside however you need some serious amounts of water to do that, like total submersion. Also the absorbed water will evaporate cooling the hand in the process.
In normal use, the glove is warm enough for english winters (just into the negative temperatures) and waterproof enough for good ol' english rain. The outer layer is pretty tough but not indestructable and the tactile 'dots' offer very good adhesion to most surfaces.
It is not an extreme-cold glove and if budget allows, get a leather/goretex glove for long/constant exposure to heavy rain but as far as english weather goes, this glove is an excellent all-rounder and will keep your hands dry and warm(ish) through most conditions.

2.0 out of 5 stars They don't keep your hands warm!, 3 Mar 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent waterproof gloves, 24 Feb 2011
HappyOne_5_8_1990 (England, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I got the idea to buy waterproof gloves from sub-aqua diving.

I'm a qualified Sports Diver with the British Sub-Aqua Club (BSAC).

I learnt to dive in Scotland where it can be very cold !

The beauty of these gloves is they keep your hands warm no matter how cold, wet, or windy it is. I think you'd have to visit the Arctic to find an environment that would require warmer gloves.

Sealskinz do a range of sizes, so, I had to try a couple of pairs before I found the right ones for me. Now, the ones I have are a snug fit (not too tight, not too loose, just right). The rest of my waterproof gear is Gore Tex & black, so, the gloves fit right in.

The Ultra Grip texture to the fingers & palm of the gloves provides a positive grip even when whatever you're gripping is slippery or wet.

I made a mistake when I placed my order. I accidentally ordered two pairs instead of a pair. So, I was very pleased when I e-mailed the supplier to find that they simply amended the order & credited me for the surplus pair.

I hope this review convinces you to give these gloves a try & you get many happy years of use from them.

4.0 out of 5 stars waterproof gloves, 3 Mar 2010
T. Rowley (uk) - See all my reviews
I bought two pairs of sealskinz ultragrip gloves as xmas presents for my brothers. They both work outside a lot so thought they were a good idea. Only thing I would say is that I didn't realise that they would be quite cold without the liner, and by then it was too late as they had been worn.They both are medium in gloves(so thats what I ordered) unfortunatley they would not be able to fit a liner now as the gloves are quite snug. Should have bought large.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for cycling, or skiing on warm spring days, 7 April 2012
I wore these cycling to work in London over winter and skiing for a week in France, and my hands were very rarely cold. They won't keep your hands warm if you're standing around in very cold conditions (below -5 Celsius), but if you're active and your heart rate's up then they should be great for anything between -10 to 10 degrees Celsius. They're not perfectly waterproof, but the membrane works fairly well for preventing water from making it into the inner layer. More importantly, they are still warm even when damp.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT waterproof and cold!, 17 Jan 2010
These gloves were waterproof for about half an hour. Then my hands were totally soaked. However before my hands even got wet these gloves are definitely not warm either. Several of my friends in the armed forces have also tried these gloves out and they agree with me...NOT waterproof at all and not warm. Don't bother! Over priced rubbish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 17 Nov 2013
This is me 2nd pair, my first lasted 4 maybe even 5 years or so and they certainly do the job intended.
Good price, delivered on time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sealskinz Waterproof Ultra grip Gloves, Black, Medium: 9, 14 Nov 2013
Herts_Mum "SG" (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Received these today. Wanted these for the cold wet dog walks when you don't really want the bulk of a ski glove.

Today is a bright sunny but cold wind day so thought I would give these a go.

My hands are generally a size 7 (ladies) so order the medium. The fingers are rather longer than mine and I'm certainly glad I didn't order a smaller size as they are quite narrow fingered.

The grips are great but the fabric texture is rather weird - almost like neoprene (wetsuit) and yet they are knitted. I do suffer from cold hands and got to say, these did not keep my hands even remotely warm.

Can't comment on the waterproofness, but will update.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, 25 Oct 2013
These gloves are very good quality, but the sizing was a little on the small size. The sizing guide said I needed medium, but these were too tight and I ended up giving them to someone as a present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic, 17 Oct 2013
Exactly what it says on the tin, I use them for bootcamp, totally dry hands now investing in the socks

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›