on 17 September 2012
I bought two pairs of these gloves for myself and my wife to take with us on the Coast to Coast walk during late August.

They are warm and do stay dry, but putting them on or taking them off when you have damp hands is a nightmare - these gloves have some kind of liner that ruckles up inside the glove unless your hands are bone dry. SO frustrating to get on and off, they spent more time in our daysacks than they did on our hands. In the end we both agreed that they were an expensive waste of time.

As most walkers/sports people know, the acid test of any kit is how practically it performs in the field. The description of the capabilities of these gloves by the manufacturer is far, far better than their actual performance.
on 31 March 2013
I purchased the sealskin gloves in January 2013 and I did not where them until March 2013. At first I thought the gloves were very good, as they were very comfortable.

When I actually relied on them it was a different story.

In March the weather was very cold with strong winds and I was stood out in the open all day, so as you can imagine the wind chill was pretty nippy.

At first the gloves where amazing but when I had to take off the glove after a couple of hours and as my hands where clammy the lining came out with my hands. Try as I did I could not get the lining back in correctly.

I consider this item unfit for purpose and I do not recommend this item
on 9 February 2015
Great bike gloves. I'd been using a pair of kid gloves lined with cashmere - a Christmas present from years ago - and when I put these SealSkinz on, couldn't believe the difference - so toasty and warm!
One small flaw: they have reflective seams on the back, but none on the front; I make my turn signals with the palm facing the driver - not the approved signal, but one that drivers actually see more easily. It might be nice to have a bit of reflective material on palm or inside wrist.
on 15 December 2014
I do like these I had to send the first pair back because of an inner lining issue but sorted now and they are warm and waterproof I can't say how long they'll stay that way though because it's the external material that's waterproof and if damaged by puncturing or heavy abrasion it's likely to leak.
on 24 May 2012
these are so waterproof, as in you can happily put them in a bucket of water for minutes, without letting water in.
the hydrophobic fabric on the outside is awesome :) it literally just pushes the water off the glove as though it is ice.
And the gloves are pretty warm.
However, my problem with the gloves that doesn't seem to be highlighted in other gloves is the pretty shoddy build quality. for example the left glove's thumb is perfectly straight but the right one's been sewn so it is rotated about 45 degrees inward which is pretty annoying and means I can't really use it that well. The leather is quite cheap also, so not for heavy use or it gets rubbed down quite a bit.
Other than the shoddy quality they are simply amazing gloves.
on 6 January 2012
Excellent product - but I already knew that - tried and tested gloves that are hardwearing and have no equal, and do exactly what they say on the tin. I work outdoors and my hands are always warm and dry.
5 star review goes to this seller personally - very fast delivery and an unbeatable price - thank you!
on 21 March 2015
Excellent. Have used these for British military fitness this winter, and they are good so far. Getting them off and on is a faff because of the inner liner, but seem to be onto a winner as long as the instructions get followed (so far).
on 14 January 2012
I bought these for my husband and he is very happy with them . He says they're lovely and warm and the leather front gives a good grip. Sealskinz Activity Waterproof Glove A good buy.
on 2 December 2012
Great. First pair of gloves which are wam, waterproof and windproof. Not cheap but reliable. I have an 8.5in hand ( I measured it) and they only just fit. Sealskinz recommend having a comfort fit, but I fear that the next size will be too big. The cuffs are a bit bulky to fit under an elasticated cuff.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 August 2012
I have used sealskin gloves of one type or another for years. I use them almost every day round the farm and garden and they usually last about two years before the outer skin stretches and seams start to go. I am careful, and so it's unusual for them not to be waterproof for most of that time.

So these gloves:- firstly, a lot thinner than I was expecting but the actual padding quality has changed, too. Previously, if the outer glove was ringing wet the padding would still warm up quickly from the heat of your hands. Because these don't do that they feel wet and cold even if they aren't.

The outer skin on my index finger has already stretched out of shape (after three months) and there is some water leakage into the glove, it is tiny and only after prolonged use in wet conditions but they are meant to be waterproof.

I bought activity gloves, previously I have had rider gloves; I will make sure that's what I get in the future.

I have given it two stars because I don't hate them they are still better than just wearing plastic gloves with no lining but then I can buy those for 99p.

See one answered question