5.0 out of 5 stars Long term test
Had this mouse over 6 months. Hard to fault. Nice and small. Great surface. Thin but tough. Possibly the only complaint could be it picks up food stains easily but otherwise highly recommended.

Published on 4 Oct 2012 by Thinderchild

3.0 out of 5 stars Smooth surface but frayed easily at the edges
Exceptionally smooth surface to glide mouse upon. However, this mat started fraying around the edges within the first week of use.Now features scruffy wisps of fabric. Okay it was under a tenner to purchase, but I ve had 2 pound mats that didnt deteriorate so quickly. The quest for a decent mouse mat continues!
Published on 11 July 2012 by Rob

5.0 out of 5 stars Long term test, 4 Oct 2012
This review is from: SteelSeries Surface QcK Mini (PC) (Personal Computers)

There are comments about this mat not lying flat. When you get the mat it comes rolled up. This leads to the edges being slightly curled when first used. This completely disappears after a week or so of use......or you can just reverse roll the mat as it is so flexible.

My mat is totally flat and I personally like the thin flexible nature although some are perceiving it as poor quality. I can confirm that after hammering it over 6 months the surface has not deteriorated (as often does) and the edges (which at first may seem a little rough and prone to fraying) are the same now as the day I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Mar 2009
D. Bewsey "DaN_xP" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SteelSeries Surface QcK Mini (PC) (Personal Computers)
This mat is the perfect size for my desk, one of the smallest mats I could find and excellent value for money.
The cloth was a good choice as it is a lot quieter that any of my previous plastic surfaces and also reduces wear on the mouse feet.The rubber grip on the bottom is extremely good, I have had this mat in the same place most of the time since Christmas as it hasn't moved at all!
One thing to bear in my is that the speed of the mouse going over it is reduced due to the higher amount of friction, but if you have a high DPI setting it doesn't take long to get used to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, cheap mousemat., 26 Dec 2011
Mr. Ed "edsheadsaid" (Japan) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: SteelSeries Surface QcK Mini (PC) (Personal Computers)
I'm certainly not a pro-gamer, however I did want a nice mouse mat for gaming, that wasn't huge (as desk space is at a premium), and that didn't break the bank. Although this is the `mini' size, at about 10"x8.25", I find it to be easily sufficient for me. I like my mouse sensitivity to be fairly high, so I don't need to make large movements with my mouse.

It comes wrapped up in a tube, and as other reviewers have mentioned, there are visible creases on the mat for a few days after you initially unwrap it. Don't worry, as these disappear, and don't cause any issues. The mat itself is of a smooth fabric, and provides a nice texture and just the right amount of friction for my liking. It is quite thin, and tends to pick up dust rather easily. A sticky lint-roller once a week and it's as good as new.

If you're looking for a cheap, low-profile, discreet mousemat for casual or pro gaming, id definitely recommend this brand in general, although you may want to go a size or two up, depending on how sensitive you like your mouse, and how much desk space you have to spare!

5.0 out of 5 stars QCK = Quick Competition Killer, 28 Oct 2014
This review is from: SteelSeries Surface QcK Mini (PC) (Personal Computers)
I generally try to give at least a month of use from a product before I write a review. I don't feel I could give accurate feedback on a product I had just freshly unboxed, which seems to be part of the problem for some people.

I will agree, the packaging does seem strange. When I first pulled it from the box, it was curled very tightly and the corners liked to roll back up again. I loosely rolled the mat the other way, unrolled it again and laid it flat on my desk, and the grip on the bottom of the mouse mat corrected the curls. Ever since then, I have never had a problem with this mouse mat curling up. I don't even think curling it the other way was necessary, the bottom of this mat has some serious grip on it. I suppose my desk is made from real wood, so that may have an effect on it.

I purchased this product to go with my SteelSeries Rival Optical Gaming Mouse, and they work well together.I doubt it would be a hard task, this mouse is insanely good with surfaces, but the mouse just glides over it. I play with a fairly high sensitivity, so it's nice to have no resistance from the surface. I bought the smallest size, and its perfect for my needs. For a reference, it's your typical mousemat size. If you've ever had a mousemat provided with anything, or ever seen one in an office or library, then you will know what I'm talking about. Yes, that size you're thinking of now. That's the one. Seriously.

There is not much you can say about a gaming surface, but I seem to have managed quite a few words. I recommended this to my housemate, who purchased the size up from mine, and that is also perfect (he is using a Roccat Kone, works fine).

5.0 out of 5 stars SteelSeries QcK Mini, 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: SteelSeries Surface QcK Mini (PC) (Personal Computers)
This is hands down the best mouse mat on the market, i bought this because i found out they're used by A LOT of proffesional gamers, notably NA'VI, and it didn't fail to meet expectations, it's flexible, feels nice on the bottom of my hand, the mouse works smoothly across is, and best of all, it actually doesn't slip like other mats i've had. Hats off to SteelSeries.

3.0 out of 5 stars Smooth surface but frayed easily at the edges, 11 July 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but well made, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: SteelSeries Surface QcK Mini (PC) (Personal Computers)
I needed a pad for my laptop, because the wood surface of my table was messing around with my laser mouse. This turned out to be perfect. Cheap, well made, a very soft surface and works flawlessly with my laser wireless mouse. Also, its small, specially designed it to be folded and carry it around.

5.0 out of 5 stars far, far better than a mouse mat, 5 Dec 2011
This review is from: SteelSeries Surface QcK Mini (PC) (Personal Computers)
I've only had this thing a few days but already I cannot imagine going back to a mouse mat. I have 3 mouse mats; they've never been that comfortable to use. They frequently lose their flatness, and bend too easily (you'd need quite a few heavy books piled on them overnight to get them flat again!). Not only that but their topside surface is often plastic, which gets rather sticky with perspiration, interfering with mouse movement. This SteelSeries Surface, however, has none of those problems. It's rubber on one side, for grip; the other side is a kind of cloth. This means it rolls up like a rug, and flattens out like a rug. It doesn't lose its flatness at all; and the cloth mouse surface provides effortless and precise mouse control.

I bought this along with a new mouse - a G400 Optical Gaming mouse - and so far they make a great combination. Whether you are a hardcore gamer or just an internet addict, this SteelSeries Surface is perfect for you. Once tried, you'll never go back to a mouse mat. That I can guarantee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mat!, 17 Feb 2010
This review is from: SteelSeries Surface QcK Mini (PC) (Personal Computers)
Great Product have a smallish desk so this was ideal for me also I'm not a fan of those over sized Gaming mats...even if i had the room, using a Logitech MX518 runs very smooth and the mat does not move at all rubber backing works well

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!!! great surface for my XORNET, 23 July 2014
This review is from: SteelSeries Surface QcK Mini (PC) (Personal Computers)
Use this for work. It's done extremely well under constant use. It's very thin, but you wouldn't think it as it looks exactly the same as it did when it arrived. Well packaged, it arrived rolled up in a rectangular box. It stayed flat as soon as it was unrolled and placed on the table with no creases. Compliments my cooler master CM XORNET mouse nicely.

SteelSeries Surface QcK Mini (PC)