1 Review

3.0 out of 5 stars More Psych!, 12 Feb. 2008
Levy "Mod" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: With the Sun in My Eyes: 20 Psychedelic Spins from the UK & Europe (Audio CD)
'With The Sun In My Eyes' abounds with moments of trippy greatness. 'Mary Jane', a piece of exotic nonsense courtesy of Peter 'Where Do You Go My Lovely' Sarstedt, cooks up one helluva crunchy funk. Other fruit loops include the psycho waltz of 'Me' by Colchester's Zion De Gallier. Foggy - a real ale folk duo from Yorkshire hitch a ride in The Tardis. The Bee-Gees 'With The Sun In My Eyes' is transformed by Shadel into an orchestral epic. On 'Don't Leave Me In The Dark' Youngblood take a jolly to paranoia - a tad to enthusiastically for my nervous disposition. `Stop' finds Giorgio (Moroder) messing with the time and space. Of course there are others but there's a pile of filler (none of it worth mentioning) whose ordinariness informs me the well of uncomped psych from the UK & Europe is either a fetid swamp or worse dry. Others may balk but I'd be more than happy to see future releases mixing the genres up and see no reason why Mod, Beat, Psych, Freakbeat or Blue Eyed Soul for that matter couldn't share the same disc. As usual sleeve notes are of the highest order and the scholarship never in doubt.

With the Sun in My Eyes: 20 Psychedelic Spins from the UK & Europe
Click for more info
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available