Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 December 2007
The UK based, all female Silk String Quartet plays a mixture of traditional and new works on this recording. All are wonderful pieces of music. "Waterscape Silhouette", beautifully depicts a rural scene in China. The combination of four stringed instruments - pipa (4-stringed pear-shaped lute), guzheng (5 foot 21 stringed zither), erhu (2-stringed fiddle) and yangqin (hammered dulcimer) - is beautiful to listen to and unique to the Quartet. The sleeve notes are clearly written and very informative. For anyone who is new to Chinese music, this CD is the perfect introduction. For those already familiar with it, this superb recording provides much that is refreshingly new as well as imaginative arrangements of traditional pieces. Every music lover should buy it!
on 23 August 2013
I recently purchased and reviewed a cd by The Silk & Bamboo Ensemble. A fantastic cd I enjoyed very much.

Amazon recommended this album to me at the time of my previous purchase and I am glad they did.

As with that previous cd this one is just as well produced and well played. The music is beautiful, played with great skill and talent. The production is also of top quality and sounds absolutely stunning.

I would sell my soul to see these brilliant performers live. A great cd I would highly recommend.
on 16 March 2016