4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money
This is a perfectly adequate pedal and I'm glad I bought it. There are a lot worse pedals out there (for a lot more money). It does exactly what it says on the tin.
Published on 4 Feb 2009 by DragonSandy

1.0 out of 5 stars Not A Wah Pedal.
Hendrix, Hammett, Wylde. The best of the best use a wah pedal, but this seemingly well priced and good quality product is not the answer for any aspring player. There is no actual wah wah effect or control over the sound that does come through - you can only turn it on or off, basically just altering the tone slightly.

'Sensitivity, Manual, Depth and Rate...
Published on 20 Feb 2010 by Mr. S. Barnes

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 4 Feb 2009
DragonSandy (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultra value for money i'd say!, 27 Jun 2011
This review is from: Behringer UW-300 Ultra Wah (Electronics)
I find i can get some really nice sounds out of this pedal,and that it's good for different styles of playing.
There are 4 control knobs-Rate,which controls the speed of the effect.Depth,which controls the sweep range.Manual,which adjusts the frequency where the effect starts working,and Sensitivity which controls the sensitivity depending on how hard or soft you play.I've read reviews where people have said that the controls dont seem to do anything at all,but that's not my experience of this pedal.It took some messing with to get the kind of sound i wanted,and i think this is because the controls are quite subtle,which is i think why some people think they dont do anything.If you persevere you'll find the setting that suits what you're playing,and in the process find how the controls work and also that they have very definate functions.
I play Metallica type stuff mainly and usually keep it set at-Rate 4-Depth-8-Manual 0-Sens 0-
The casing is a kind of floresent light green and made of plastic.It's quite sturdy and the only problem i can see with it is the little push in plastic pins that have to be pushed in to gain access to the battery compartment are also the hinges for the pedal.I can see that with changing the battery,over time,these could quite easily break.I recommend getting a power supply for this reason,and because it eats batterys.
I really like this pedal because it works well and looks quite cool too! Sounds nice clean but better with distortion.There is no noise with this pedal on clean but with distortion there is a hissy kind of wah sound when you stop playing(but that's when you switch it off!).It's not really that noticable tho,and could just be my distortion pedal? i dont know.
I think it's really good value for money.It's not a patch on something like the boss aw-3,but it's a fraction of the cost so a worthwhile budget buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Guitar effects pedal, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Behringer UW-300 Ultra Wah (Electronics)
Very competitively ,and affordably priced effects pedal. Strong construction, and easy to use. It comes from a reliable manufacturer. Good VFM.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not A Wah Pedal., 20 Feb 2010
Mr. S. Barnes (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Behringer UW-300 Ultra Wah (Electronics)

'Sensitivity, Manual, Depth and Rate controls for awesome sound shaping' is what we are told. Not true I'm afraid to say; I found barely any range of effect when using it, no matter how many ways I turned the dials.

The product does not come with battery, power lead, or even an amp lead, and it goes through batteries far too quickly.

There is a lot of background noise, when strings aren't played there is a very loud chugging (for lack of better word) which obviously is very undesirable and compromises the entire sound of the playing.

I hate to give a very bad review, the product is of sturdy design and I'm sure it does have some use as some kind of effects pedal, but not wah. I urge anyone thinking of buying this to try and play it first, don't make the mistake I did of just buying before trying, with the UW-300 its fair to say you get what you pay for, I in future won't be afraid of coughing out much more for something of real quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 5 Aug 2010
This review is from: Behringer UW-300 Ultra Wah (Electronics)
You have 4 or five knobs on it i think ( i havent bothered using it since the first time i bought it thats why im not sure) and to be honest there is only one that is usable. the wah sound made is actually quite good but has no sustain... so the string sounds muted when you play it. Useless when trying to play songs like voodoo child! it takes away the purpose of the wah pedal :/ .

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed at this!, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Behringer UW-300 Ultra Wah (Electronics)
I like this very much and now have two Behrenger pedals which I am very pleased with. ( The other is the noise reducer ).This generates a very decent auto-wah, both from clean and dirty inputs, and adds no noticeable noise to the line.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 13 April 2014
*rosie* (staffordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Behringer UW-300 Ultra Wah (Electronics)
This was bought to go with the Ibanez guitar i purchased for my son he seems happy with it, threrfore so am i.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: Behringer UW-300 Ultra Wah (Electronics)
Im amazed these arent in all major musician shops these little buggers are really handy for solos and retro rythm at a dirt cheap price and you can feel from the weight that its hard wearing aswell. Excellent, guitar players forget a cry baby save a good £80 and try one of these first as for an auto wah they give you a reasonable range of sounds for a single pedal of this price but be sure to purchase a 9volt adapter too as they arent provided, behringer also do these for I think around eight pound on here plus four pound post, which if you ask me is essential for any guitarist anyway as the one I bought fits all my pedals :)

Heres a link for the pedal B002PHVEQ0

3.0 out of 5 stars Sounds a bit Fake, 29 May 2013
This review is from: Behringer UW-300 Ultra Wah (Electronics)
As a complete guitar beginner, I still know what a Wah sounds like, when I hear it on some of my favourite rock songs. Im looking for that screaming, intense, wah style.

This pedal certainly provides a Wah, but there's something about it that to my untrained ears, sounds a bit fake and computer generated. It sounds like a keyboard "choir ooh" or "choir aah" setting that it sounds a bit vocalised. Turning the settings down a little and increasing the sensitivity, I get a more restrained wah, a more natural wah, but it's still not the screamer I was looking for.

I may not be getting the most out of it I possibly could.

Unlike other reviews, the knobs do work, you can control the rate and the depth and the sensitivity. So dont be fooled./

I guess my review could be summed up with - It's not the type of Wah I was looking for, but it's cheap and works well and does give some form of Wah.

Worth a try if you're looking for your first Wah.

4.0 out of 5 stars beast, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Behringer UW-300 Ultra Wah (Electronics)
pretty beast, gives me an alright 80's cop drama feel aha (: Not the best wahwah though but good for price.

Behringer UW-300 Ultra Wah