1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful., 2 Oct 2010
This review is from: Sebo Sebo automatic upright vacuum white/yellow 1300W computer control system s-class filtration carpet cleaning kit (Sebo)
Ok so I've only had my Sebo for a couple of weeks, but it is a dream. I read through what seemed to be hundreds of reviews and couldn't find a duff one for this machine ( well maybe one). I've had bagless machines before, indeed the last one used to spew dust everywhere, clog up at the drop of a hat and was messy to sort out and empty. So, you have to buy bags for the Sebo - it's not exactly hard work to change a bag and it's much, much, much cleaner. Sebo bags can be bought online and at my local vacuum shop, they actually work out at about the same price as your everyday brands. Not that I've had to change the bag yet, though according to reviews, they don't need changing that often as they compact the dust and gubbins to make them more effective.
This machine is in my opinion well designed, and although, not a thing of beauty, it does the job efficiently and with ease. Unlike the Dyson, it's easy to push and pull ( almost power assisted) and the suction is tremendous on any floor surface ( I've got carpet and ceramic tiles)and my carpets have never looked better. I feels to be a strong machine unlike some flimsy ones I've had in the past that have parts that snap or break.
The reach of the hose isn't that long but long enough to reach the ceiling in a modern home. I had thought about buying the x4 Extra which comes with an 'add on' hose for extra reach but having spoken to someone with this model, she told me that she hardly ever used it. When using the hose, ensure that you pull the hose in front of the machine to prevent tipping.
The tools comprise of a long pointy one ( for crevaces) and a small flat one - enough for me.
It can be quite heavy to carry upstairs but no heavier than my last one and there is only a hand hold at the back of the maching instead of a carry handle as such which is a feature that could be improved though I don't know how without spoiling the overall efficient design of the hose cavity.
It's quite expensive ( about the same as a Dyson) but having spent a fortune repalcing rubbish machines, I hope it will work out cheaper in the long run.
This machine also comes with a 5year Sebo gaurantee.
I would have NO hesitation in recommending the Sebo x4 - I love it!