5.0 out of 5 stars Actually pretty good...
Published on 3 Oct 2009 by Transducer

3.0 out of 5 stars Pitch inaccurate.
The instrument looks decent but the pitch of one hole is quite inaccurate, I've played the piano for almost nine years and it's uncomfortable to hear that one single awkward note jumps out. Maybe I shouldn't have expected too much about this "elementary school instrument" but a flaw is a flaw, if a musical instrument can't produce each note accurately, what's the point of...
Published 16 days ago by Will

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually pretty good..., 3 Oct 2009
This review is from: Yamaha YRS24BUKII Descant recorder (Electronics)
Fairly bright, hard sound as is usual with plastic instruments, but responds well when warmed up and is surprisingly forgiving of less-than-perfect breath pressure, which will encourage learners. Very cheap for a Yamaha branded instrument, too. I'd happily recommend this for both children and adult beginners (the latter will note that its dark brown colour looks quite dignified!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 21 May 2012
This review is from: Yamaha YRS24BUKII Descant recorder (Electronics)
Wife is happy, says it is definitely good enough and sufficient for beginners,
even better than expected.
Happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 16 Feb 2011
This review is from: Yamaha YRS24BUKII Descant recorder (Electronics)
Excellent value for money, I'm usually not very impressed with the sound of plastic recorders but this one is excellent, sounds very warm and nice for a plastic instrument, looks lovely too. Comes with canvas bag and cleaner plus one sheet of instructions. Was delivered next day. Originally bought it for my son and he loves it, bought one for myself now too.

4.0 out of 5 stars I am happy with it, 19 Oct 2010
W. Kozbial (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yamaha YRS24BUKII Descant recorder (Electronics)
Pretty decent recorder, good for schools, though I bought it for myself.
My daughter received Yamaha Descant Recorder - Pink.
This one here is better one. Cleaning rod is included (unlike the other one) and the case is soft (made of a kind of linen material) allowing it to dry better.
Sound wise I think they are both very similar.
I also paid the same amount for each though I can see, the pink one is cheaper now, which is the way it should be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yamaha Descant Recorder, 23 April 2009
This review is from: Yamaha YRS24BUKII Descant recorder (Electronics)
My grandson told me he was to learn to play a recorder and he did not like the ones at school. So, I logged onto Amazon and found just what I needed and bought him this recorder. He is now doing very well with it and is very proud of his 'own' instrument

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent service, 10 Nov 2011
Mrs. Nicola Jackson (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yamaha YRS24BUKII Descant recorder (Electronics)
A large order of thirty recorders came before the expected date, well packaged and prompt. no charge for postage. Excellent service.

5.0 out of 5 stars grandaughter loving it, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Yamaha YRS24BUKII Descant recorder (Electronics)
bought this recorder for my 5 yr old granddaughter she loves it and when she improves I m sure we will love it too but for now we have ear plugs and shes having a wonderful time many thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars yamaha recorder, 27 Feb 2010
Mr. C. Archer - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yamaha YRS24BUKII Descant recorder (Electronics)
I had been looking for a while for two recorders for two of my sons. Found these and I have to say I was delighted with the price and quality of these recorders. Delivery was very quick, in fact quicker than I expected, which was a nice surprise. Overall if you are looking for a recorder for your son or daughter, I would recommend these Yamaha ones from this seller. FIRST RATE FROM START TO FINISH!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks posh!, 19 Dec 2010
This review is from: Yamaha YRS24BUKII Descant recorder (Electronics)
For this price, the recorder looks amazing - it is indeed a posh musical instrument with lovely finish and feel. Bought it as a present and so dont know how it would play yet but I have other Yamaha music products and trust their high quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for School, 1 Dec 2010
This review is from: Yamaha YRS24BUKII Descant recorder (Electronics)
I bought this recorder after my son came home saying he needed one for school music lessons. It arrived just as described, with cleaning rod (no cloth) and fingering guide (which really isn't much help if you can't actually read music) and comes in a bag. It is just perfect for my son's lessons. He was very pleased with it. The sound is good (just as I would expect from a Yamaha product having owned a Yamaha flute for many years) and I would recommend this product for any parent/beginner looking for a reasonably priced recorder without it being cheap and nasty. Very pleased with it.

Yamaha YRS24BUKII Descant recorder