4.0 out of 5 stars Yep, it's good.
Swing-style jazz performed very well. People who do not listen to this sort of music with attention could describe it as wallpaper music, but when this music is actively listened to, it is rewarding. I bought this on the strength of "East of the Moon". It did not disappoint.
Published 8 months ago by Mr. K. A. Treacy

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I guess it's because I'm an oldie that I didn't like this CD. I'm not keen on new versions of some excellent old tunes and this was the case with Diana. I've heard better and I've heard Diana sing better, too. Heard her first at my daughter's so I think I'll borrow a couple of her's before I buy another Diana. Loved her voice.
Published 19 months ago by Artemis

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Yep, it's good., 10 April 2014
Mr. K. A. Treacy "lessismore" (Leamington Spa, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars The 'best' - so far., 6 Sep 2007
I. B. Wade "basilwade" (Darlington, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best Of Diana Krall (Audio CD)
Everyone of the tracks on this cd is a real gem. I know this because I own a copy of every one of the 8 albums from which they are taken. I didn't care much for the girl in the other room, Diana is so much more comfortable in this 'room'. However we don't need a Greatest Hits album, what I am eagerly awaiting is a new jazz based cd from this talented pianist/singer. If you are not already familiar with this remarkable lady by all means buy a copy of this disc and I can guarantee that you will be rushing to get copies of the earlier albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Collection From A Fantastic Singer, 8 Jan 2008
A. BRADSHAW (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best Of Diana Krall (Audio CD)
Diana Krall in her own way reinvented vocal based piano jazz. Her ability to deliver a jazz standard as though it were the first time the song were sung is peerless in the modern age.

She has a smoky voice that traces the contours of a melody like gossamer on velvet, mellifluous, enchanting and able to almost whisper an intimacy that most singers would struggle a lifetime to convey once, let alone consistently.

Backed by some brilliant musicians, she has it all and this collection reflects some of the best of her work. Her delivery of "S'Wonderful" is flawless, "Frim Fram Sauce" a fruity melange of tongue in cheek jazzy frippery is compulsively engaging, and her lightly flirtatious "Let's Fall In Love" makes you think "yeah, okay, let me just put my shoes on...".

Yes there are songs you would want to see on here, I miss "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" which I think is a meisterstuck and nobody else does it quite as well as her. But hey, t'was ever thus with "best of" collections, there are always going to be songs that you would like to see but it's not quite enough to make me give this a four instead of a five.

I agree with other reviewers here, "The Girl In The Other Room" left me cold, Elvis needs to step away from his wife's career and not contemporise her. More JAZZ please Mrs Costello!!! It's what you do best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ballads As They Should Be Sung, 12 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Very Best Of Diana Krall (Audio CD)
Out of the 14 tracks on this CD,there are just 4 I've not heard before. Peel me a Grape, Frim fram Sauce,Little girl Blue.The heart of Saturday Night. For me to fully appreciate these numbers will come with acquired taste. The rest is sheer brilliance.The 5th. track You go to my Head is a prime example of how Diana can get up close and personal. A projection of warmth and sincerity as if she was singing to you only. Something that makes the lyrics and music three instead of two dimentional. That extra dimention is a hallmark of quality gift wrapped for the listener of romantic ballads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb and gorgeous sound, nothing else like experiencing Diana on Vinyl. Great songs on the whole album., 7 May 2014
Gorgeous sound, love to watch these records play, nothing else like experiencing Diana on Vinyl. Many beautiful songs on both albums, a must for a great cocktail party.

4.0 out of 5 stars Laid back but not a stimulating listen., 14 July 2014
Easy listening but not the best she has done. Live in Paris is far better and the selection of tracks don't do her any justice.
Still if you have had a hard day and just want to relax, this may be just the ticket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality jazz, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Very Best Of Diana Krall (Audio CD)
I have been adding to my back catalogue and this was a CD I always meant to buy - it did not disappoint. SUPERB !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth music, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Very Best Of Diana Krall (Audio CD)
First of her CDs that I have acquired. Wonderful smooth music. A lot of familiar works translated into her own style. Relax to this in the evening and wind down

4.0 out of 5 stars the very best of diana krall, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Very Best Of Diana Krall (Audio CD)
I have all diana's album ,this one is another one to chill out and relax to , with a glass of your favorite tipple !

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 6 Nov 2013
What a voice! And the piano playing aswell, the musicianship on this album is unbelievably good. A really relaxing listen.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Very Best Of Diana Krall
The Very Best Of Diana Krall by Diana Krall (Audio CD - 2007)