5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing
Published on 26 Sep 2007 by Anistitis

3.0 out of 5 stars pleasant
If you like Ray Lamontagne like me, you may find this a bit tame in comparison.He has a pleasant voice and a talent to write a pleasant song. Try Stephen fretwell and Tom Mcrae if you like this album.
Published on 26 April 2010 by M. Spooner

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, 26 Sep 2007
This review is from: Park Bench Theories (Audio CD)
I kept hearing Wogan playing his single When Will I See Your Face Again and felt the need to get this CD as soon as it is released. The album is easy listening, almost melancholic with lots of acoustic guitar and piano at the background. It is definitely a class of its own with pretty genuine tunes and certainly a lot of credit is given to this talent for such a superb album. I have never heard his stuff before but I understood it's quite different from his previous ones. Somehow he reminds me of a more cheerful Beth Orton.

Get this, close your eyes and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars so underrated for so long, 27 Aug 2007
Em! (Southampton, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Park Bench Theories (Audio CD)
Jamie Scott has the most beautiful voice and his songs are amazing! thats a FACT! i downloaded some of his solo tunes a couple of years ago and have listened to them pretty much non-stop since then! so this album is like a gift of pure joy! his earlier stuff was, in my opinion, more RnB/Soul...now its guitar driven acoustic greatness. i'm listening to the album right now and its so great, i think everyone who like James Blunt or James Morrison should buy Park Bench Theories as soon as they humanly can!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new voice that is a joy to listen to, 28 July 2008
This review is from: Park Bench Theories (Audio CD)
This album has all that a great piece of music needs. Jamie's songs are heartfelt, melodic and uplifting. His voice has a beautiful tembre and combining it with the jazzy/bluesy feel in some songs like a "Love song to remember" provides a knockout performance and as a rsult a solid 'must have' album.

Also having seen him sing live I have to mention that a live performance by Jamie surpasses the recording by at least a factor of 10.

3.0 out of 5 stars pleasant, 26 April 2010
M. Spooner - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Listening, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Park Bench Theories (Audio CD)
Came across Jamie Scott as a fan of Amos Lee and it was a recommendation through Spotify for Related Artists. Never listened to that album before so I am really pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where has this album been all my life??, 15 Feb 2012
valleygull78 (Merthyr Tydfil) - See all my reviews
10/10. Amazing album.
I fortunately came across this album whilst browsing on itunes and sampled a few tracks. After 3 songs I was smitten so ordered it straight away..
If ur a lover of the James crowd (Blunt, Morrison) then buy this!! It's mixed with subtle tunes, catchy chorus's and heartwarming lyrics that get you right from track one.
I'm a massive singer/songwriter fan and this guy ranks up there with the best... like I mentioned earlier, there are soft hints of Morrison and Blunt, with a twist of Ray Lamontagne, mixed in with the writing qualities of Glen Hansard.
With these ingredients, the mixture is a cocktail of pure bliss to the ears, so I recommend you to buy the cd, sit down, put your feet up with your headphones on and forget the world for a moment because Jamie Scott will take you to music's very own Wonderland.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite albums, 2 April 2011
Nicholas Taimitarha (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Park Bench Theories (Audio CD)
I love this album, if you're into James Morrison then this album is for you! Jamie is a great songwriter with a soulful voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is worth reading the reviews, 27 July 2010
Sheumais (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Park Bench Theories (MP3 Download)
I first read about Jamie in one of the Sunday supplements or a magazine a few years ago and the article was so enthusiastic I thought I should keep an eye open for him. Nothing much seemed to happen, except the release of an unremarkable single (which, thankfully, isn't on this album). Quite what brought him to mind recently I couldn't tell you, but I had a look on Amazon to see if he had released an album and what the general consensus on it was. The almost unanimous approval suggested Jamie was being wrongly ignored, so I bought the album on the basis of these reviews and have to say thank you to everyone who recommended it.

I have never regretted buying this album and listen to it often, with the last track, Untitled, a particular favourite. I have heard a great deal worse rapturously greeted by the music media and hope Jamie is not too disheartened by their ignorance. This album strongly deserves to be much more widely heard and I would not hesitate in recommending it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jamie Scott a little known Excellent Singer, 24 April 2010
Michael Lacy (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Park Bench Theories (MP3 Download)
BRILLIANT ! Jamie is a little known artist who (in my opinion) should have done a lot more music and should be recognised for his true brilliance.

Go buy it buy it buy it if your kind of music is the likes of Paulo Nutini, James Taylor, James Blunt or Morrison...... You'll luv Jamie Scott

My partner Rita introduced me to Jamie Scott "Now I would like to introduce YOU"!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bench park theories, 4 Mar 2010
Standing in the Rain

Not what I would normally buy as I get bored with the James Blunt etc etc types - this is really good - enough said

Park Bench Theories
Park Bench Theories by Jamie Scott (Audio CD - 2007)